Would you be disappointed, if GT7 releases on PS4, too?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 7' started by rhalgr, Sep 18, 2020.

?

Would you be disappointed, if GT7 releases on PS4, too?

1. Yes

92 vote(s)
    58.6%
  2. No

65 vote(s)
    41.4%
  1. rhalgr

rhalgr

We now know Spiderman and Horizon are cross gen games. Do you guys expect GT7 to be cross gen, too? What would you think about it?

2. MroczMR

MroczMR

It is possible but i hope not.

If yes we can say goodbye to dynamic weather and Day/Night Cycle.

3. PJTierney

PJTierney

Not disappointed necessarily, moreso disinterested. GT Sport is all the PS4 Gran Turismo action I could ever "need".

That being said, if Gran Turismo 7 were to come to PlayStation 4, is would hope it has cross-gen compatibility with the PlayStation 5 version so that the multiplayer population isn't split.

AgentBlackDog and Auto motors like this.
  4. Sharpie

Sharpie

Maybe it's a surprise.

5. evldave333

evldave333

Im guessing GT7 will be mostly GTS with a smattering of new tracks/cars/improved graphics/frame rate, but its not going to be a revolution, PS4 has pretty much got 90% of what the new game will be already...

6. Nielsen

Nielsen

I’d love to see GT7 on PS4 as it would save me €399.

7. NickXP

NickXP

That is not a lot of money for a console that will be 6 times as powerful and 120 times as fast (no joke) as the ps4

8. Nielsen

Nielsen

Maybe not, but I’ve only had my PS4 Pro for two years and I think it still deserves some mileage.

9. TheCracker

TheCracker Premium

Going on past trends we are not going to be seeing GT7 any time soon. The PS4 will be a distant memory, to developers at least, by then.

As a branch of Sony, PD are unlikely to want to cripple GT7 by having to water it down to PS4 standards. As a flagship Playstation exclusive they'll want it to showcase all the PS5's talents.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
    Razgriz2118 likes this.
  10. 261004

From a financial standpoint, no. That means I could keep my PS4.

BUT from a quality/hardware/experience standpoint, YES!

IDK which one to vote????:confused::confused::confused:

Auto motors likes this.
  11. TetsuKobura

TetsuKobura Premium

As someone who played an extensive amount of Destiny 1, which had a noticeable issue with including legacy consoles instead of the (at the time) modern gen only consoles, yes, I will be pretty frustrated if GT7 ends up on PS4.

Shingo_civic and Animedeaf like this.
  12. Samus

Samus

Ha, as if PD could manage releasing a game on two consoles at the same time this side of the next millennium.

I wouldn't worry. :lol:

13. Lord Protector

Lord Protector

I really hope it’s a PS5 exclusive.

Razgriz2118, GT5Apex, NAXEHT and 4 others like this.
  14. ROAD_DOGG33J

ROAD_DOGG33J Premium

Slightly, but it wouldn't be as disappointing as if it only launched as a PS4 title with PS5 compatibility.

15. ImaRobot

ImaRobot

There's too many drawbacks that could potentially happen because of that. Like someone mentioned, I wouldn't be disappointed, I just wouldn't be interested.

16. BigJimmy

BigJimmy

Hmm having just forked out for a 4k telly, if it came out on ps4 (and ps5s were hard to come by), it might make me pick up a used ps4 Pro on Ebay and live with that for a couple of years (as long as there was cross play with PS5 peeps).

I'm not ruling it out.

Well its not going to be on PS4, so I am ruling it out, but Im not ruling it out if you get what I mean. But I am ruling out if you get what I mean.

Doomotron likes this.
  17. MatskiMonk

MatskiMonk

It would depend what a PS4 version missed out on. If the cars and tracks all arrived in mighty Spec 3.0 update for Sport, I'd probably get that, then get the PS5 version at some point in the future when there's more than one title I want for the console. At this point in time I'm only planning to buy a PS5 for whatever the difference between GTSport and GT7 is.

AgentBlackDog likes this.
  18. Rob192005

Rob192005 Premium

I'd do it but then I would have no need for a PS5 any time soon.

19. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

Its inevitable that I will eventually buy a PS5 but not at $750 of our money or about $550 usd.

I actually bought Forza Horizon 2 on 360 and xbox one and they are fairly distinct games.

I'm in two minds about this... I'd buy a PS5 if we got GT7 and GT8... and the price of the console was more reasonable two years down the track.

Like I bought my PS3 for about $150 usd (!!!) and for GT5/6 that was certainly a huge win.

I would imagine that GT7 would be fairly like for like... and if it hits fhd 60 with the same content then I dont care for 4k... AND I OWN A 4k TV!

The only reason I can see PD doing a GT7 PS4 edition is that they can see that there's 100 mil plus PS4 owners out there and they can cash in on that but since PD doesnt seem to want to be a profitable company I dont think this would happen.

I also dont think the PS5 is going to unlock some fancy new features like dynamic weather... like the ps3 had that.

AgentBlackDog likes this.
  20. Vspectra

Vspectra

If it releases on PS4, it'll just be another GTSport with more cars and tracks, and the PS5 is just an up-rezzed version with ray-trace reflections. I would skip out on it if that happened.

They're already pushing the graphics and physics for what they want to do on ps4, and there's no way they're going to create a GT7 that has different physics and gameplay features like dynamic time and weather between a ps4 and ps5 version and split up the user-base, so the PS5 version is inevitably going to be held back by the ps4 version.

NickXP, Kosiek, White Mamba and 7 others like this.
  21. SuperKlonoaGT

SuperKlonoaGT

It would explain why it currently looks like Sport with better lighting and raytracing.

Buuuuuuut those dynamic clouds in the trailer make me think it's a PS5-only title. Doubt the Jaguar CPU can handle those while maintaining 60FPS...

*shrug* I dunno. =/

22. 05XR8

05XR8

As long as the game has deep Custom Race options, I'm fine with it.

AgentBlackDog and 4LitreWhip like this.
  23. Shingo_civic

Shingo_civic

This.

Kosiek likes this.
  24. dimassa19

dimassa19

I would love to play the next Gran Turismo without that background jet turbine...
    The game will probably perform much better on PS5.

I think Kaz would be disappointed... But in this case if it was released only on PS5...

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  25. CLowndes888

CLowndes888

I'm ready to move onto a new console, and I think PD are as well. I would be disappointed if PD release GT7 on PS4.

Ddkklop and Shingo_civic like this.
  26. Whistle Snap

Whistle Snap

No, because I'm not getting a PS5.

Why? The game uses project modules, for PS5 they straight swap it to enable dynamic weather and stuff, the settings are in GT Sport.

I'm expecting a deSported version of GT7 on PS4.

ArR29 likes this.
  27. dimassa19

dimassa19

Wouldn't you like to get rid of the jet engine? :lol:

Ddkklop likes this.
  28. Dave A

Dave A Premium

I don't think we'll see GT7 on PS4, it's not likely to be out until perhaps a year or more into the PS5's life cycle anyway, it's going to be a game Sony will want to sell PS5's. I wouldn't be upset or dissapointed if a version released on PS4 but it wouldn't make business sense for them to do that to me.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
    Monkey Man likes this.
  29. Cayit

Cayit

But then you would only get some of the features of the Game bacause of the Capacity of the Console...Also useless!!!

30. Faultier

Faultier

No, since more people could play then and I might not have to get a PS5 :sly:

Auto motors likes this.