Would you Buy a PS3 JUST for Gran Turismo 6?

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 138 comments

Ameer67

Premium
United States
Chicago
Would you buy a PS3 JUST for Gran Turismo 6? I just want to know what you guys would do. Vote and post why.

(By the way,this is when you don't have a console yet.)

Last edited:
I doubt people would do that, because if they don't have a PS3, then they aren't already hooked to the GT series.

That being said, I bought a PS3 mostly for GT5.

I bought a PS3 just for GT5:P and GT5 itself (although I did buy other games) . Unfortunately it is dead, so with any luck I will be getting it repaired for GT6. If thats not possible, a new PS3 it is!

Hell no.

I'm buying a new PS3 for GTA V, it just so happens that GT6 is also coming out a few months later, so I'll be picking it up as well.

My fat PS3 is pretty much dead. Got it on launch day and it has been running 24 hours a day 7 days a week most of the time.

Since used PS3s in my country cost like 100€ even with few games, I'd definitely buy it. Actually I did, I have 2 PS3s.

Superslim PS3 is also cheap IMO, like 200€ brand new.

Well, I bought a 60gb fat ps3 in October of 2011...obviously used. Over the past month it has had many problems and I might actually have to get a new one...I don't see how this is going to last me more than a year.

To answer the question, I might buy another 1(slim or superslim) if I can get it NEW for <$150, but I don't NEED to.

Not sure, but most likely no.

I bought a PS3 just for GT5 and I was severely disappointed. The way I see it, GT6 is the Gran Turismo I was expecting when I bought my PS3+G27. Also, the system is on it's last legs so it may not be the most sound of choices. If I was on the market for a console, I'd probably just keep saving my money and buy something next-gen.

Didn't vote; hard to say since there likely aren't many people this late in the generation who don't have a PS3 and are also GT fans. If I didn't already have a PS3, probably no since we're so close to the next gen. But they are pretty cheap right now so who knows. One thing I can say for sure; I have gotten my enjoyment out of GT5 to cover the cost of the PS3. :D

I voted yes but it doesn't really apply as I already have one.

But for GT5 I spent ~3k for that game. But in saying that I have had good use of the TV and PS3 before and after GT5 was released. G27 has only been useful for GT5 as GRID was completely useless.

No. If I were to buy a new console at this point it would be a 360, or I'd just save for a PS4/XB1.

Tornado
This late in the system's life? No.

This.

I already have one, which I haven't played since I finished up GT5 in spring of 2011, but if I didn't have one and didn't want a PS3 for GT5, I won't want one for GT6 and it's too late for one to matter.

Well... I bought a PS3 so I dont have to play my copy of GT5 on my nephew's PS3. :lol:

If I still dont have a PS3 right now, I'd definitely buy one just for GT6. And GTA 5 too of course.

Back