Would you Buy a PS3 JUST for Gran Turismo 6?

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 138 comments
I would, but I already did, about 6.5 years ago...

Bought my PS3 for GT, GTA and Tekken.
Ofcourse I have and have played other games, but these are the big 3 for me.

If I would buy one now, for GT6??? Nope. I would save up for a PS4 instead.

It's cheaper but not necessarily better. The disk loading system is not as nice to use, and people are saying it's louder than the slim. If yours is working fine now it's a waste of money IMO.
It won't really cost me more, might cost me less even as there is likely to be good deals on GT6 Anniversary Edition and PS3 near release date given that PS4 will have been released by then. Also original slim has good resale value. GT5 has more or less been in my PS3 for nearly 3 years so changing games is not my worry. I prefer a console that runs cooler and there has been a new revision of the Super Slim PS3 come out this month to buy which should help improve my PS3 gaming experience.

Based on what I've seen of GT6 so far, there isn't a snowballs chance in hell of me buying a PS3 (if I had to, I already have one) just for that. GT6 is the 1st game in the series that I'm considering not buying. PS3 has many great games though & I will be hanging on to mine for quite a while after I get a PS4

SlipZtrEm
Just for GT6? Absolutely not. For the variety of other exclusive games (LBP series, Uncharted, Last Of Us, MGS4 [no longer exclusive], Infamous), in addition to GT? Yep.

MGS4 no longer exclusive?
Think you'll find it is;-)

Why not? I did get a PS3 for GT5, well that is not entirely true, but it was the deciding factor. I had finally had enough (after 20+ years) of the pains of PC gamming...constant upgrades, driver issues etc. I decided to switch to console gaming and needed to choose a console. Sim racing always being my favorite I researched the two top sims, Forza and GT. I chose GT, so I chose PS3.

I'd buy a GT6 PS3 bundle if one ever came out, but since I already have a PS3 I won't (unless YLOD ;) )

I bought a PS1 then a PS2 and then a PS3 just for Gran Turismo. Each time to coincide with the launch of the game.

Since I don't play any other games on the console it does not matter how old the platform is.

I might go for a bundle pack as they arrive in my time zone.
Still on a old fatty, wich is hanging in there, but i am not sure for how long.
Or i just have a very good one..

i1pRYH0JGZJXW.jpg

They will be sold in asia.

Last edited:
I bought my PS3 in anticipation of GT5. I ended up waiting about a year and a half for it to finally get released, so I ended up with other games to keep me busy. If I didn't have a PS3 now, I probably would buy it for GT6.

I logged many hours on GT5, but being this late in the systems life cycle I'd probably pass. With PS4 around the corner I'd put my money towards that and just wait for GT7... probably... most likely... yeah I'd wait. I think

not with PS4 around the corner.

I did buy a PS3 for GT5 because my phat had died. slim is still working.

if slim died then I would go to PS4.

although this time around I will not buy at launch and wait for teething problems to be fixed before I buy. don't want to get burned like I did with launch xbox and PS3, not to mention they were more expensive than improved subsequent versions

If I hadn't bought a PS3, I would have for GT5 actually.

I ignored PS1 because my Dreamcast had more fun games, and I was pretty miffed at SONY pushing SEGA off the console market. The game that made me buy a PS2 was GT3. I even asked for the game for Christmas months before I got my PS2. But then the whole PS2 library had exploded, so I'm still buying PS2 games on occasion.

I also bought an XBox just for Forza 1, and quite a pricey 360 Leet rig for Forza 2. Sadly, everything broke within two months. Good grief... so I'm balking at The ONE for a while at least. The only XB games I ever buy save for a few XB1 titles are Forzas.

I know the PS4 library is going to be outstanding, so if not for Christmas, I'll be getting one early next year.

If I hadn't bought one 4 years ago, sure, why not! If this one broke down however, I'd have to think about a replacement (touch wood).

I bought a PS3 just for GT5 (and a new wheel actually) so yes, if it had been necessary, I would have.

PD/Sony saved me quite a bit of cash by going the PS3 route and not the PS4. I have no use for a PS4 until GT7 comes out.

Here is my opinion.
You have a pc, go for a pc simulator, till gt7 is out on ps4.
As they said the game will be out in 1-2 years, on pc there are some premium simulatore coming soon, like assetto corsa and project cars.
I think they re enough for the waiting period and then you can enjoy an updated game and a better experience.

Always late to the electronics party, I just got a PS3 this last March. I guess it's one of the fat ones. If it dies after the PS4 is released, I'd get a used PS3 to play GT6. Plus, who knows how long it'll be until GT7 is released anyway. Could be 2017 for all I know. A 20th anniversary edition sounds about right.

I had a PS3, but it broke about a year and half ago. When I found out GT6 was gonna be on PS3, I went and bought another one right then.

No, probably not.

If I didn't have a PS3 I'd just get a PS4 and play other games while I wait for GT7 or something.

Those are some weird poll results. Is it implying that there are more people without a PS3 than people who do? How are they playing GT5?

I'm confused.

Back