Would you Buy a PS3 JUST for Gran Turismo 6?

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 138 comments
Those are some weird poll results. Is it implying that there are more people without a PS3 than people who do? How are they playing GT5?

I'm confused.

People see the poll and vote before reading the OP, whether they have a PS3 or not.

Those are some weird poll results. Is it implying that there are more people without a PS3 than people who do? How are they playing GT5?

I'm confused.

I think what you're seeing is people who have PS3's saying they would buy one just to get at GT6. Since almost everyone here has obviously spent the money for the PS3 and likely several iterations of the game it's almost a foregone conclusion most of them will say yes. A better question might be, "If GT6 was released December 6, 2013 on PS4, will you be buying a PS4 primarily for playing GT6?", because then you'd actually be faced with having to spend the money for real, rather than in a theoretical sense as it's presented here.

If my PS3 died on my tomorrow I would be buying another one on Dec 6th when I pick up GT6, without hesitation. I'll buy a PS4 when a GT game is released on that console, and probably not a day sooner.

I bought a PS2 just for GT4
I bought a PS3 just for GT5
I will probably buy a PS4 just for GT7

So yes, if I didn't have a PS3 or GT5, I would buy a PS3 just for GT6

garbuckle
I bought a PS2 just for GT4
I bought a PS3 just for GT5
I will probably buy a PS4 just for GT7

So yes, if I didn't have a PS3 or GT5, I would buy a PS3 just for GT6

If you didn't have a ps3 but had gt5, would you still buy a ps3 for gt6?
Just trying to cover all options...

Since you bought a ps3 for gt5, will you buy another one for gt6?

I'd buy SkyNet for gt6. I reckon the physics would be awesome on SkyNet.

If you didn't have a ps3 but had gt5, would you still buy a ps3 for gt6?
Just trying to cover all options...

Since you bought a ps3 for gt5, will you buy another one for gt6?

I'd buy SkyNet for gt6. I reckon the physics would be awesome on SkyNet.

Having GT5 without a PS3 is rather redundant. As is buying a second PS3 for GT6. GT6 on SkyNet is just as redundant, seeing as GT6 only runs on PS3. Of course, being a tongue-in-cheek answer, you knew that already, so let's just say that I desire as many PS3's and GT6's as required :sly:

No, I already own a PS3.

If I haven't bought a system yet, then I probably would. I bought my PS3 for GT5:Prologue alone, so I would probably buy a PS3 for the next GT aswell.

I would not buy a PS3 JUST for GT6. I bought the Japanese GT5 Edition PS3 when it was released, going about a year with a PS2 after my 60gb was broken, but when PS4 is being release, no, not worth it.

I bought my ps3 just for GT5, but i have to say that I got really disapointed. Not about the physics because I think it's already very good but the sounds and AI are killing the whole experience of the game.
BTW, I dont belive the sounds will be included in GT6 on future updates.

I bought my ps3 just for GT5, but i have to say that I got really disapointed. Not about the physics because I think it's already very good but the sounds and AI are killing the whole experience of the game.
BTW, I dont belive the sounds will be included in GT6 on future updates.
Same here.

I already have one. If it died on me, I might have bought another one. PS4 doesn't interest me right now.

I already have one. If it died on me, I might have bought another one. PS4 doesn't interest me right now.
Yeah. If my 5 year old PS3 decided to give up the ghost, I would buy a new one for GT6, as opposed to waiting for a PS4.

Back