EA Sports WRC: General Discussion

• Thread starter xX Jojje Xx
  • 2,609 comments
Guessing it will be revealed on either May 24 (Sony Showcase) or June 11 (Xbox Showcase). Bold predictions, I know. :lol:

As long as daily/weekly/monthly events are confirmed it will be an instant preorder for me.

Rumours suggest it’ll be next-gen & PC only
So I’m already more excited for this than F1 23

There is a thread for the title over here too. Release date is good news, hopefully we see more details and a trailer very soon.

I do hope July 28 is the actual release date rather than just the 'launch' date, it dawned on me that they could be two different things - launch and open pre-orders for release later in the year. It just seems to be getting a bit close now with still no official announcement. I'm so looking forward to this, biggest game of 2023 for me.

Last edited:
I do hope July 28 is the actual release date rather than just the 'launch' date, it dawned on me that they could be two different things - launch and open pre-orders for release later in the year. It just seems to be getting a bit close now with still no official announcement. I'm so looking forward to this, biggest game of 2023 for me.
billbil-kun is correct almost everytime, so release date 28/7.
Fingers crossed 😊

Last edited:
There's no real need for them to push it yet. EA/Codemasters will want to get F1 23 launched and out in the wild before promoting another racing game. Once F1 is out we will start getting WRC info and trailers.

The alleged July release date is getting very close now and there's still been nothing about it anywhere. I haven't seen an official trailer, screenshots, article with information, or anything whatsoever. I really hope it is soon but it's hard to believe it would be just over a month away and nothing at all has been released about it. Just in case, I'm scrambling to finish up WRC Generations and to try out Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo before the end of July.

The alleged July release date is getting very close now and there's still been nothing about it anywhere. I haven't seen an official trailer, screenshots, article with information, or anything whatsoever. I really hope it is soon but it's hard to believe it would be just over a month away and nothing at all has been released about it. Just in case, I'm scrambling to finish up WRC Generations and to try out Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo before the end of July.
Yes agreed, I keep checking daily with no new news.

Yeah I'd be amazed if it actually came out next month. Like I said before I suspect if there's anything on July 28 it'll be announcement rather than release. The word "launch" has been used for both at various points - for instance Ride 5 has been 'launched' already but isn't out till August.

I think it will. Rally is quite niche in the grand scheme of things and it is a complete unknown for EA. Yes, Codemasters have a good track record of course but EA will be cautious. They've also only just launched F1 and they were never going to market 2 racing games alongside eachother.

I'm confident we will get news this week, it will be announced with a trailer and the build up will be a solid month up to launch.

WRC 23 will not be available on July 28 but, according to our recent information, the release date should be before November 1, 2023. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide a more precise deadline or the reasons for this postponement. ( billbil-kun )
For sales purposes, I hope they don't make the same mistake as they did with Grid Legends (which ended up being released much too near to GT7 in terms of PlayStation sales) and release it near to the new Forza Motorsport (which comes out on 10/10 and could knacker their Xbox sales). I know in this case it's rally versus racing, but its still the case that only a small percentage of players would buy 2 car games in the same month at full price.

It's in all our interests that EA get this right.

I think it will. Rally is quite niche in the grand scheme of things and it is a complete unknown for EA. Yes, Codemasters have a good track record of course but EA will be cautious. They've also only just launched F1 and they were never going to market 2 racing games alongside eachother.

I'm confident we will get news this week, it will be announced with a trailer and the build up will be a solid month up to launch.
It cannot be stressed enough how terrible of an idea it is for one studio to release two game too close to one another is. You're basically asking for both of your titles, especially the newer one, to cannibalize the sales off of each other and damage the overall sales for both (Look no further for how bad an idea this is then at Capcom, who had a habit to doing this and it hurt them multiple times)

Last edited:
it really is about time we here something from the new game. our whole community is eagerly waiting for it. i personally think there is a possibility it will be pushed into 2024.

Depending on what’s going on behind the scenes and how ready to release it actually is, the risk is that they’ll decide to push it back to the Monte Carlo Rally in what, early February, to coincide with the start of the season and - let’s face it - the only time all year that there’s any real buzz around the WRC. I hope not though.

it really is about time we here something from the new game. our whole community is eagerly waiting for it. i personally think there is a possibility it will be pushed into 2024.
Can't see that happening, if it gets delayed that much it'll get pushed all the way to spring and will release as a 2024 season game.

I just bought Dirt 3 so I can enjoy the Kenya Rally stages. Dirt 3 rally stages feel pretty short.

I cant wait to actually play the Safari in the New WRC Game with new graphics and physics. I hope Codemasters make the rally so gruelling and tough.

Take this with a grain of salt as the last few leaks regarding WRC 23 haven't amounted to anything, but for the time being, we have this to refer to:

Last edited:
We'll see. That's around when Generations came out and if there is a 2023 WRC game coming, it can't come much later.

Back