EA Sports WRC: General Discussion

• Thread starter xX Jojje Xx
  • 2,639 comments
Fingers crossed this current supposed release date is accurate. If true we should be getting an official announcement any day now and the marketing for the game beginning to take off as the weeks go by

Honestly, when I saw the EA Sports branding, I was a bit annoyed by it. The more I think about it though, the more promising it looks. There's no year at the end, which hopefully means it wont be a yearly release, and just annual updates. The hype train is rolling now!

Honestly, when I saw the EA Sports branding, I was a bit annoyed by it. The more I think about it though, the more promising it looks. There's no year at the end, which hopefully means it wont be a yearly release, and just annual updates. The hype train is rolling now!
Certainly hope so, surely its become more and more a costly waste of time to make a entirely new game thats basically the previous one with roster changes being the only difference. Sans the massive regs changes as was the case between F1 2021 and F1 22, it just doesn't make any sense anymore to do so.

There's no year at the end, which hopefully means it wont be a yearly release, and just annual updates.
I think the fact that they are calling it WRC (ie not WRC 23) is a great thing too. Means they can just continue to update without having to start fresh each year
What if they just go EA Sports WRC now, EA Sports WRC 2 next year, and so on?

If there was any license to experiment with dropping the Yearly release model, the WRC license seems the most ideal. Its low risk so if it doesn't work out, not the biggest deal. If it does work, then (assuming Liberty Media and FOM can be convinced) get ready for a seismic shift with sports games. If this works out well for EA Sports, then you know everyone else will follow (because dollar signs and all that). Big emphasis on IF though...

Last edited:
See you next this Tuesday. I hope the season pass isn't priced to drive people onto EA Play/GamePass Ultimate or the publisher may have to change their slogan to "It's not in the game yet".

Last edited:
To be fair Codemasters did that already with DIRT Rally 2.0 - love that game to bits but they released like 50% of it at full price then put the rest (all the locations from the original game mainly) out over the next year as paid DLC. I think only a few Rallycross locations and Scotland were actually new? Horrible way of releasing half a game then making you pay double……I don’t think Codemasters need EA’s help for that

Is anyone convinced this will be like Dirt Rally 3.0?

Or will it be more in line with the Dirt games in terms of handling model and so on?

Is anyone convinced this will be like Dirt Rally 3.0?

Or will it be more in line with the Dirt games in terms of handling model and so on?

It is Dirt Rally 3 from what we've heard. DR3 was like 99% done and then they integrated the WRC license into that product. So it will very much follow the Dirt Rally handling model, unless of course they decided to take it a different direction, but I can't see that happening.

In other words, expect Dirt Rally 3 plus WRC content.

To be fair Codemasters did that already with DIRT Rally 2.0 - love that game to bits but they released like 50% of it at full price then put the rest (all the locations from the original game mainly) out over the next year as paid DLC. I think only a few Rallycross locations and Scotland were actually new? Horrible way of releasing half a game then making you pay double……I don’t think Codemasters need EA’s help for that
To also be fair, if this game is £49.99 at launch then it's only half the price of other games like Forza's and Starfield's premium editions at £99.99.

I doubt they'll be able to get away with recycling DiRT Rally 2.0 stages, or at least I really hope not as it's a new franchise for the developers. If we don't get enough locations for a full WRC championship at launch I'm sure a lot of people will complain as well.

Last edited:
True. Just says to me that games are way too expensive these days. £49.99 is actually very reasonable.

To also be fair, if this game is £49.99 at launch then it's only half the price of other games like Forza's and Starfield's premium editions at £99.99.

I doubt they'll be able to get away with recycling DiRT Rally 2.0 stages, or at least I really hope not as it's a new franchise for the developers. If we don't get enough locations for a full WRC championship at launch I'm sure a lot of people will complain as well.

I can't see a situation where we wouldn't have the full roster of locations at launch.

I don't mind then recycling stages as long as they're complemented with new stages where needed (Monte Carlo, Sweden, Greece, WRC locations basically). If the non WRC locations from DR2 are included at launch I'll consider that a welcome bonus.

I was going by Push Square's article. However according to billbil-kun this price is for the PC version and if my rusty French is correct an earlier leak put the console price for the base version around £15-£20 higher. So it's best to wait until Tuesday's announcement rather than baselessly speculating. There's plenty of time to gripe and whine next week. :D

Last edited:
I was going by Push Square's article. However according to billbil-kun this price is for the PC version and if my rusty French is correct an earlier leak put the console price for the base version around £15-£20 higher. So it's best to wait until Tuesday's announcement rather than baselessly speculating. There's plenty of time to gripe and whine next week. :D
This is supposed to be Codemasters' "most ambitious and biggest” AAA game and it's going to go on sale for less F1 23?

It's their biggest game, so probably the most expensive to make, and they're going to sell it for less, so that it will take longer to break even and turn a profit? I highly doubt it. It will be 69,99 across all platforms.

Last edited:
It is Dirt Rally 3 from what we've heard. DR3 was like 99% done and then they integrated the WRC license into that product. So it will very much follow the Dirt Rally handling model, unless of course they decided to take it a different direction, but I can't see that happening.

In other words, expect Dirt Rally 3 plus WRC content.
I’d be happy with Dirt 2.0 with extra content and the latest graphical tech.

Dirt 2.0 came out just before PS4 Pro and I don’t believe it ever had an update.

I’d be happy with Dirt 2.0 with extra content and the latest graphical tech.

Dirt 2.0 came out just before PS4 Pro and I don’t believe it ever had an update.

Yeah I don't think it ever got a PS4 Pro patch but on the One X it had a mode.

Xbox One X: 2160p (dynamic down to 1800p lowest), Locked 60fps
PS4 Pro: 1080p, Locked 60fps
PS4: 1080p (dynamic), Locked 60fps
Xbox One S: 1080p (dynamic, down to 810p): 60fps with drops

This is supposed to be Codemasters' "most ambitious and biggest” AAA game and it's going to go on sale for less F1 23?

It's their biggest game, so probably the most expensive to make, and they're going to sell it for less, so that it will take longer to break even and turn a profit? I highly doubt it. It will be 69,99 across all platforms.
Looks like I was wrong and it's going to be £44.99.

Screenshot_20230905_184649_Chrome.jpg

Back