WRC 4 - October 2013

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 441 comments
Thanks for the links, appreciated!

Wow.... WRC4 looks and sounds appalling!

Sound = vacuum cleaners
Graphics = PS2 era

What happened to these guys after WRC 1 and 2? Those were actually pretty good on the PS2.

So much disappointment to deal with!!!
Back to Dirt 3 then.

Thanks for the links, appreciated!

Wow.... WRC4 looks and sounds appalling!

Sound = vacuum cleaners
Graphics = PS2 era

What happened to these guys after WRC 1 and 2? Those were actually pretty good on the PS2.

So much disappointment to deal with!!!
Back to Dirt 3 then.

@Speedster911 I have all the WRC and all DIRT, Dirt 3 is good but for me I think Dirt 2 was better, greetings.

@Speedster911 I have all the WRC and all DIRT, Dirt 3 is good but for me I think Dirt 2 was better, greetings.

I almost forgot how GOOD Dirt 2 was. Everything was top notch about that game. D3 was marred by those lame gymkhana events along with all the other "sideshow" stuff pulling you away from rallying.

Here's hoping D4 gets in touch with its rallying roots....a blend of Dirt 2 and the Colin McRae games would send me over the moon. :D

First of all - YouTube's current generation of video compression completely ****s with and screws up HD videos. If this was recorded on a basic 720p or even 1080p resolution, YouTube will have destroyed it to look nothing like the original footage.

Secondly - WRC does not look brilliant in either cockpit or replay mode, I don't know why, but they do not represent what it looks like from the third person view for example.

In summary - as brilliant as these videos are, Santi has done a great job, they do not represent the graphical quality of WRC4 at all.

I know this is a free world and all but, there is a board specifically for the Dirt games, all of us here accept the Milestone WRC franchise is not the best gaming franchise out there okay. But you don't need to repeatedly glorify Dirt to us...

They too are wonderful games, but to be honest, to some extent can't really be compared. One is made by a major games company, and while they feature rallying they are not Rally games, they are more like car games which main feature is off-road driving.

Additionally, graphics and sound do not make a game. GT games have almost identical sounds for several hundred different cars, and yes that is incredibly annoying, but the game is still great. Same here, I feel the sounds got better from WRC 1 through 4, and in 4 were actually approaching rally car sounds, even in 1 I thoroughly enjoyed playing the game, and the sounds while not perfect - certainly did the job.

As we have said several times before, the graphics are not the best compared to Dirt3, but WRC1>4 (especially 3&4) are acceptable and they do not take away from the actual game itself, the main chunk of the product. I thought WRC3 while not beating Dirt3, certainly got close for graphics and, definitely got close enough for it not to be a problem.

You are allowed your own opinion of course, but please please stop constantly filling my Alerts with very negative, repetitive messages about WRC/Dirt, we get it you love Dirt, congratulations I do too. But this isn't the Dirt area, and you have already made your point several times in this section, it's getting tedious now :'(

If somebody feels I have been rude/offensive in this post, please do let me know, as I have tried to word this as pleasantly as possible.

And Santi, please keep the videos coming. It's nice to see somebody on YouTube taking videos of this series :D 👍

"You are allowed your own opinion of course, but please please stop constantly filling my Alerts with very negative, repetitive messages about WRC/Dirt, we get it you love Dirt, congratulations I do too. But this isn't the Dirt area, and you have already made your point several times in this section, it's getting tedious now :'("

Sorry you got butt-hurt in the process. Will be more considerate next time around. :D

Some interesting combinations of cars and stages there, I like it.
Bummed there's no game this year even more now, was looking forward to the Shell i20WRC and the updated Fiesta.

Keep up the good work Santi :)

Some interesting combinations of cars and stages there, I like it.
Bummed there's no game this year even more now, was looking forward to the Shell i20WRC and the updated Fiesta.

Keep up the good work Santi :)

Thank you very much friend, you know ... a few months ago my mother died, I'm distracted playing and making videos, I like your comments and I'm glad that you like my videos, greetings.
Santi.

Thank you very much friend, you know ... a few months ago my mother died, I'm distracted playing and making videos, I like your comments and I'm glad that you like my videos, greetings.
Santi.

Sorry to hear about your mother Santi. Am a subscriber on Youtube and I noticed you didn't upload any vids over the summer and was missing them as they are always entertaining and fun to watch :)

I hope that WRC is helping distract you and cheering you up some.

I am out of date on WRC as I only have WRC3 and haven't been on this thread for a while, do we know if there will be a WRC game next year? I think I read that Milestone had a contract for 5 years, I also think they did a good job with the licence. Has the licence now lapsed and if so do we know who has taken it up?

@sirjim73 I believe the situation is this;

Milestone had the license for 5 years - this was true in 2010.

They technically made a 5th game - this bizzarre thing for tablets. (seemingly) Fulfilling their quota.

Why they feel they didn't want to make a proper WRC 5 - who knows.

This new company seems to be making a WRC 2015 on PS4/XB1. When it's out. Who knows.

"Kylotonn Entertainment has only one previous racing title in its portfolio. A game called Truck Racer that was released by BigBen Interactive in October 2013. Other games developed by Kylotonn Entertainment are Bowls, Obut Hunter’s Trophy and The Cursed Crusade that was released on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360."

"It is reported that WRC 5 is scheduled for a 2015 release in line with the real world 2015 World Rally Championship season and will be available for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. Keep in mind that at this time its not an official statement, and all could be speculation."

Both quoted from the internet.

I for one liked WRC4 and hope that this new developer doesn't make a S**T game, I don't mind if it's not brilliant to start with, but it at least has to be playable and have all the features we WRC game players expect :P (Cars & Countries etc).

Anyone up for some Multiplayer on WRC4 this weekend? Would be cool, maybe some of the new guys to the game (NAmerica for e.g.) could enjoy the online side.

Anyone be around for that? :)

@sirjim73 I believe the situation is this;

Milestone had the license for 5 years - this was true in 2010.

They technically made a 5th game - this bizzarre thing for tablets. (seemingly) Fulfilling their quota.

Why they feel they didn't want to make a proper WRC 5 - who knows.

This new company seems to be making a WRC 2015 on PS4/XB1. When it's out. Who knows.

"Kylotonn Entertainment has only one previous racing title in its portfolio. A game called Truck Racer that was released by BigBen Interactive in October 2013. Other games developed by Kylotonn Entertainment are Bowls, Obut Hunter’s Trophy and The Cursed Crusade that was released on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360."

"It is reported that WRC 5 is scheduled for a 2015 release in line with the real world 2015 World Rally Championship season and will be available for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. Keep in mind that at this time its not an official statement, and all could be speculation."

Both quoted from the internet.

I for one liked WRC4 and hope that this new developer doesn't make a S**T game, I don't mind if it's not brilliant to start with, but it at least has to be playable and have all the features we WRC game players expect :P (Cars & Countries etc).

Wow, can't wait to see how WRC shapes up on current gen.
Thanks for posting all these vids.

Quite sorry to learn of your loss; my condolences.

Just had a go on WRC for the first time in a few months. It feels odd playing a game in '14 knowing we'll never have an official one for this season. Kinda like the gap from 2006>2009 where there was nothing.

At first I was crashing every where, then I found my rhythm and I'm loving it hehe. Sweden is a particular challenge I find as everything is white, even the off track stuff, so I couldn't find the road in some parts lol. Driving fail there :P

Bad things;
Graphics; Now PS4 has come out, when you return to PS3 games, especially smaller-budget ones, you realise how far we've come on the new gen consoles.
Sounds; Although they are better than the first 3 in this franchise, they do as Speedster says leave a little to be desired. But they sound like rally cars so I'll take it :P
AI's; Loeb was a dominant driver IRL of course, but nobody ever won every stage and every rally in every year. They really made the order to stagnant and it never feels like you are fighting fluid AI's, the results are a bit tedious.
Lighting options; Okay so some may love this, personally I hate how some stages are dark/overcast etc, I like to be able to see the car and the stage. Now it is a valid feature of course, I just feel like it should be optional in career mode. So myself I would run Clear all the time, but those who enjoy/don't mind the mixed lighting can keep it on. Don't know why, I just don't get on with it myself.

Good things;
Loving my little DS3 :D pocket rockets these cars. Just wish we had a way to update the i20 :'(
Also I think the menu music is brilliant, specifically the track loading music, very epic - gets me pumped for the stage :P

Last edited:
Back