WRC 4 - October 2013

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 441 comments
I received my copy of WRC 4, and it is indeed a North American physical version. I must say I quite like the new career mode. It's very reminiscent of the V-Rally 3 career mode for PS2, a game I really enjoyed. The only thing I miss from WRC 3 is being able to make your own livery.

I'm playing through the Junior WRC right now, and I really like the handling. I have AI set to 8 and am able to win every rally so far by about 10 or so seconds, so a second or two per stage on average, so I could maybe try 9.

It would be nice to have a profile page where it keeps track of how many rallies and championships you've won. That seems to be a rather glaring omission.

So... Just got this game on Steam for about $7.50 I think.... With how well my Xbox One controller has been working with other racing games today I'm pretty excited to try this one out just hope it doesn't nuke my laptop :lol:

I won the Junior WRC championship easily on 8 AI, and signed for WRC 2. WRC 2 is quite a bit more challenging. The first stage I was about 5 seconds off. I'll have to work on it.

I won the Junior WRC championship easily on 8 AI, and signed for WRC 2. WRC 2 is quite a bit more challenging. The first stage I was about 5 seconds off. I'll have to work on it.
That's the way it works as far as I remember, making stages like Finland and Wales a lot tougher - all good fun though.

EDIT: I think I had my AI set to eight also.

See that it's on sale this week. Wondering if I should maybe pick it up. I don't think I managed to complete the very first WRC game since I think I got to the point where I got frustrated at the AI or something.

I have played both Dirt 2 and 3 and they were fun and I completed the game just not the online trophies. Other than that I may give it a shot.

In that case, so are Grid Autosport's.

We mustn't compare these casual racing games to sims or real life driving. In their own right, they can be fun.
Nope, GAS isn't like that. It's not very realistic, but I like the physics. In dirt 3, pushing the car hard rarely ever means spinning out, and the brakes are ridiculously good and every car grips several times to the extent it should. GAS most certainly is not like this.

Last edited:
I vastly prefer WRC3 and WRC4 over Dirt 3. I prefer the pure point to point rallying of the WRC games. The X Games gymkhana BS in Dirt completely turns me off. The physics are great too. I like the career mode format of WRC4 over WRC3, but it's still a bit too simplistic and repetitive in my view. Career mode reminds me of the one in V-Rally 3 for PS2. I'm a gamer that puts a high importance on an immersive career mode. But if you like pure rallying, I haven't played anything better.

Apart from WRC 1 and 2 on the PS2, they're all lame.

Get Dirt 2 and 3 instead, you won't regret it.
Are you are doing it again, confusing WRC1 and 2 (by a different developer to this series) which also has a WRC 1 and WRC 2 which were on the PS3/360 and of course PC?

@TJ13 WRC 4 is miles better than the original Milestone WRC(1) game. Give it a go, if you like it, like the majority of us do, sweet, if you don't; no worries.

I would recommend it, especially if on sale. Guess what you can own and play and enjoy both the Dirt and WRC series. I do, and still play all 4 entries of Milestone, and all 3 of Codemasters, regularly.

Anybody still playing this game? I'm going for platinum trophy so I need to do some online trophy's.
Would be more fun to play with someone from here than with some random online people.

PSN ID is GTP_Manuelos

Does anyone here have the Vita version of WRC4? It requires 3 hours of online gameplay and it seems as if nobody's on.

Does anyone here have the Vita version of WRC4? It requires 3 hours of online gameplay and it seems as if nobody's on.
I'm not so sure that the Vita version did that well, what with a more limited track list and such, it probably had less appeal. I only know one person who has it.

With the new title due out in three weeks, you are likely to have completely dead rooms anyway, at least that's classically the way these things have gone with those playing the WRC games.

I would offer to meet up, but I'm not even sure that the game is a cross-platform compatible one. Still, I hope someone shows up who has the Vita version.

I'm not so sure that the Vita version did that well, what with a more limited track list and such, it probably had less appeal. I only know one person who has it.

With the new title due out in three weeks, you are likely to have completely dead rooms anyway, at least that's classically the way these things have gone with those playing the WRC games.

I would offer to meet up, but I'm not even sure that the game is a cross-platform compatible one. Still, I hope someone shows up who has the Vita version.
You might be thinking of WRC3. WRC4 (as far as I know) has all the courses on the Vita.

Back