WRC 4 - October 2013

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 441 comments
Its coming to current consoles? That's great to hear, because I'm not really wanting to move to next gen just yet. :D I really hope I get to try this game, love rally. That's another game added to my list with GT6. :)

The #1 problem with this series is that each iteration has failed to address the HORRIBLE controller support and terrible FFB. I can't be considered a sim until it supports 3 controllers (at least) has good FFB and can be customized. If it breaks through here and has realistic physics, it can be a hit and may challenge RBR. But I have tried the first 3 and I've been disappointed :-(

Let's hope Milestone gets it figured out this time around!

I can't imagine how this game can improve over WRC 3 which is brilliant

I really wanted the third one but I can't find it in stores (because I live in the US). I might get the fourth one from Amazon or something.

I just checked Europe psn and there is no WRC 3 game there. So any hope for you is just to find through ebay i thing, buy it from someone's from europe i think. UK maybe

Can't wait to hear more details on this one. I was very pleased with the WRC3 demo and the game itself (which I was planning on buying, currently out of stock) looked great. If they deliver even better physics, career mode, sounds and track selection, I know whom my money's going to this fall/winter.

Nice. Although I've completely stopped playing WRC 3, it kept me interested for long enough to finish the Road to Glory mode and for a week or two after. Hopefully this will have a little more longevity, but even if it doesn't I'll most likely pick it up anyway.

Great news.

...I can't be considered a sim until it supports 3 controllers (at least) has good FFB and can be customized...
Customisation - as in paint jobs? How is that related to a game being a sim or not? It it's engine upgrades and the like you meant, the FIA tend to regulate what the cars can have, hence the classes.

As has been said, those in the US can still order from the EU and so play WRC3. It did get released in the US a few months ago but stocks probably weren't high. It's still active online, though you'll need to be quick as that will probably stop soon after WRC4 comes out. WRC2 online has been dead for quite some time.

If developer will use same game engine that is in WRC 3 that would be amazing.

So you'd be heavily disappointed if they use a better one?
Yeah, I'm keen to see what these improvements to Spikengine are, plus the other stuff. I thought 3 as it stood was pretty solid, but I suppose people always want more.

EDIT: Looks like the same locations this year.

Rallye Monte-Carlo
Rally Sweden
Rally Mexico
Rallye de Portugal
Rally Argentina
Acropolis Rally
Rally d’Italia
Rally Finland
Rallye Deutschland
Rally Australia
Rallye de France
Rally de Espana
Rally of Great Britain

The Australia stages seem to be at a different locale though - whether or not that'll be refelcted in the game, we'll have to wait and see. Time to keep an eye out for Team VVV's vids and see what Alan has to say :)

Last edited:
I really wanted the third one but I can't find it in stores (because I live in the US). I might get the fourth one from Amazon or something.

I imported the PS3 version from Amazon UK last year with no problems. Ideally WRC 4 would release in the US, but again, I doubt it and will have to import it once again if I want it.

I imported the PS3 version from Amazon UK last year with no problems. Ideally WRC 4 would release in the US, but again, I doubt it and will have to import it once again if I want it.
WRC3 got an actual US release, though it was about six months later than the EU. Hopefully this new publisher will do more for the distribution regarding WRC4 - got to give some competition to those French lads who have been hogging the leaderboards :sly:

If in WRC 4 i see my home country rally than i would be atom bomb'ed into the atmosphere :eek: There is a big chance for that 👍

If milestone merged the career mode and menus of WRC 2 with the gameplay of WRC 3, I would be absolutely sold. My one complaint with WRC3 was that road to glory was too short and didn't feel connected to the WRC. If they've got the licenses for the WRC 2, WRC 3 and WRC championships, Why not use them?

And with WRC4 the Group B cars and all the others (The 504, Celica, Mini, Swift...) should all be in as well. If anything, why not have them in unofficial championships as well? For Group A, Group B, Classics? Would add a lot more longevity to the game mode.

I really want WRC 4 to be on Steam, maybe then we'd stand a chance of better PC support and a port of the DLC seeing as it'll almost definitely sell like mad. Compared to how WRC 3 probably sold, anyway. To get my PC download I had to (naughtily) get it from Amazon US, while somewhat paradoxically those in the US couldn't get the console release domestically.

If milestone merged the career mode and menus of WRC 2 with the gameplay of WRC 3, I would be absolutely sold. My one complaint with WRC3 was that road to glory was too short and didn't feel connected to the WRC. If they've got the licenses for the WRC 2, WRC 3 and WRC championships, Why not use them?

Road to glory was short, and I could do without the additional game modes like Gatecrasher and stuff.

Road to glory was short, and I could do without the additional game modes like Gatecrasher and stuff.
They were fun, a good change of pace, especially the head-to-head on a rally stage. Mind you, at the same time I wouldn't mind if they dropped it though.

I know the article is pretty much everything so far mentioned and probably not news, but Team VVV have a short article up since July 26th about WRC4.

Team VVV

I look forward to when Alan gets a copy to show us - he was pretty enthusiastic about WRC3.

Specifically, the press release states that WRC4 will feature "high graphical detail and real in-game sound"

OK, so that's it? They won't actually improve anything then.

OK, so that's it? They won't actually improve anything then.
Well, those are improvements in themselves and there were other things talked about.

What exactly were you expecting improvement-wise?

New rally courses are big step forward, not just graphically but you know, new places to race if old once got you bored.

Its based off of a real championship. There may be a couple of new routes but it will be similar.

From this year's list I put up in an earlier post, it will be the same as WRC3 with the exception of the Australia stages instead of NZ.

Mind you, we don't know yet if the created stages will be the same or further updates added to cover the locations as was the case with WRC3.

Back