WRC Generations

• Thread starter Famine
  • 487 comments
I was hoping my copy would be waiting for me when I got home from work today but it's not even been despatched yet :( Base.com. I only ordered it in September, grrrr.

AI difficulty seems to have nosedived. Just won Portugal in WRC2 on 106 difficult by nearly 4 minutes. WRC10 I reached 103 difficulty and at that level winning was pretty difficult for me. Gonna have to Max it out I think..

I'm also going to dispute their biggest rally game ever claim from some of their marketing. Take away the shakedowns (they aren't real stages, just tiny portions of existing ones), and you have less stages than Dirt Rally 2.0. Plus a good 20+ fewer cars (not counting Rally Cross from DR2.0).

Total stage numbers come in at 154 for WRC:G and 156 for DR2.0.

Both games also suffer from the whole, lack of actually unique stages thing. But it is difficult to gauge what qualifies as a unique stage, everyone will have a differing opinion there.

Not so much a gripe with the game itself as much as a gripe with the marketing.

*Dirt Rally 2.0 GOTY

Last edited:
XBox Series X + Logitech G923 = Unplayable rubbish
All I tried was the first Spanish stage. Car wouldn't go round the 1st corner, I had to do a 3 point turn and absolutely no FFB whatsoever. Tried to tweek the wheel settings but the Options menu is a mess so I gave up. Along with the delay for pre-ordering means this was a waste of money. I will see if they patch the wheel before I uninstall it and write off £50.

XBox Series X + Logitech G923 = Unplayable rubbish
All I tried was the first Spanish stage. Car wouldn't go round the 1st corner, I had to do a 3 point turn and absolutely no FFB whatsoever. Tried to tweek the wheel settings but the Options menu is a mess so I gave up. Along with the delay for pre-ordering means this was a waste of money. I will see if they patch the wheel before I uninstall it and write off £50.
KT said there was a patch for Xbox last night to fix peripheral support but I've seen on Reddit and Twitter that is has made it worse for a lot of people.

The Xbox version has had a seriously poor launch.

I've just received an email from base.com telling me that the physical copy isn't being released until the 11 November now !!!
I thought it was supposed to be released yesterday, has anyone else ordered and got a physical copy ?? Despite the good price I'm thinking of cancelling and buying from the store. Not happy!!

Last edited:
KT said there was a patch for Xbox last night to fix peripheral support but I've seen on Reddit and Twitter that is has made it worse for a lot of people.

The Xbox version has had a seriously poor launch.
I don't want to boot it up and be disappointed again. I've loved the WRC series from 5 on the 360 up to 10 on the XSX (haven't played 6 much) so I hope KT will sort it out soon. Never say Never (he said). Roll on DR 2023!

Did the update change the handling?? As I switched it off in disgust last night using the Alpine and today that and the Stratos are just like they were in 10 without setups? It's literally night and day lol.
Edit - Now I've tried out other cars, I think they've toned down the body roll?

Last edited:
I've just received an email from base.com telling me that the physical copy isn't being released until the 11 November now !!!
I thought it was supposed to be released yesterday, has anyone else ordered and got a physical copy ?? Despite the good price I'm thinking of cancelling and buying from the store. Not happy!!
That’s poor! I’ve had a few games off base in last couple of months, always on realease date and a couple of quid cheaper than shopto but this sounds like they didn’t have enough copies for how many pre orders they got. Hopefully they don’t screw me with GOW. Games really good tho when you finally do get it. Well on ps5 anyway from some of the Xbox comments

Anyone have any luck getting their buttkicker to work through simhub for this game yet?

Edit:

Disregard. They added support on simhub today. Really like this game so far.

Last edited:
20221105_021355.jpg

Loving the Rally1 Hybrids, they're a lot heavier than I thought they'd be mind you!

Currently sitting 155th in the League mode 'qualifier', Sweden is one of KT's best ever stages.

Last edited:
I've made a team for us at GTP to join for the teams league and such. GTPlanet WRC is the name. Tag me and your PSN ID so I can approve requests to join.

Edit: should be able to add people from Xbox and PC as well, I believe teams and leagues are crossplay enabled.
Request sent - cutback73
Some pad settings for pad players, tool a few hours of tweaking but these settings feel excellent. The rescale setting seemed to help get some consistent feel as well, particularly for throttle and brake.

Steering (left and right):
Sensitivity- -4.0
Deadzone- 10
Saturation- 100
Rescale- On

Throttle and brake:
Sensitivity- -4.0
Deadzone- 1
Saturation- 100
Rescale- On

I use these on PS5 but they should translate well to any platform and controller.
Trying these out. Any changes needed after the patch?

Request sent - cutback73

Trying these out. Any changes needed after the patch?
Don't think there has been a patch on PlayStation yet.

And welcome to the team! 3 of us now, let's get some more people joining.

Hit the top 25 in the teams qualifying league. First attempt I used the Hyundai with not much playtime behind me and was around the 17'40"00 area around 160 out of 302. Second attempt switched to the Puma and have a good number of hours behind me and got down to a 16'11"128 for 25th out of 302.

Day and a half remaining, seems only fair I give the Yaris a punt as well and then try and improve my solo qualification time, currently 25'07"766 in the Puma, was one of the first things I did in the game so should be able to improve. Currently 397th out of 2402.

Last edited:
The patch seems to have fixed the drastic understeer I had on the G923 but still no FFB. I've started career and am doing spectacularly badly in my first rally at Sweden.

Add me to your GTP league - AEKara38

I've made a team for us at GTP to join for the teams league and such. GTPlanet WRC is the name. Tag me and your PSN ID so I can approve requests to join.

Edit: should be able to add people from Xbox and PC as well, I believe teams and leagues are crossplay enabled.

I'm pretty sure I joined and was accepted. Can you double check to see if pfei (Player20216) is signed up? I'm asking because I'm not sure if I joined the correct league, and now I see no way to check, leave or search for a league. Hopefully I'm in the correct one.

DSC_3726.JPG

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I joined and was accepted. Can you double check to see if pfei (Player20216) is signed up? I'm asking because I'm not sure if I joined the correct league, and now I see no way to check, leave or search for a league. Hopefully I'm in the correct one.

View attachment 1206148
Yep I see you, you're definitely in the right one. 👍

RivanovNL is my PSN ID.

Has anyone else tried this game on PC? It runs terrible on my system despite comfortably meeting the min specs (R5 3600, 32GB ram and a 6700XT). I only have a controller but so far the handling seems fine when the game isn't stuttering from 60 fps to about 40fps. Dirt rally 2 looks far better and runs so much better can't wait to see what codemasters do with it next year.

RivanovNL is my PSN ID.
I will accept as soon as I get on.

I think teams might be limited to 8 players so that now fills the first team, I think we might need a few more for other members to join 😆.

Meanwhile, another video. First run of a Rally1 car on New Zealand. PS5/DS5.

Was looking at a 1st impressions video, guy saying there's no sound on gravel so you can know how much you are sliding etc.
Weird since that's been pretty good in previous games, maybe a bug..
Not sure on which platform he was playing.
The same on PS5.
The immersive surface sound is really low.
Gravel/Stones hitting the bottom of the car is almost non existent.
Same with the tire sound.

But I really like the new physics.
Still trying out different settings for the FFB ( T300 ).
Some sliders does not seem to work properly.

Dont have that much time for team league unfortunatelly.
But feel free to add me on your friendslist ( PSN ), that goes for everyone.
Always fun to compare stage times 😊

Has anyone else tried this game on PC? It runs terrible on my system despite comfortably meeting the min specs (R5 3600, 32GB ram and a 6700XT). I only have a controller but so far the handling seems fine when the game isn't stuttering from 60 fps to about 40fps. Dirt rally 2 looks far better and runs so much better can't wait to see what codemasters do with it next year.
Locked 90 fps/4k resolution on a 3080/12700K here.

Locked 90 fps/4k resolution on a 3080/12700K here.
Thanks, I have had another look and it seems to be a problem with the default window settings. It was locked at 50Hz in windowed mode and I had to change it to full screen 60Hz, now I have cranked the settings and it's smooth now.

I've cancelled my order with Base.com and reordered via Amazon so hopefully I can join the fun and GTP club soon :) In the meantime I've been playing a long set of stages in Portugal on WRC 10 in the WRC2 class, I'd forgotten how good the new stages are, full concentration required. So satisfying.

Last edited:
I've cancelled my order with Base.com and reordered via Amazon so hopefully I can join the fun and GTP club soon :) In the meantime I've been playing a long set of stages in Portugal on WRC 10 in the WRC2 class, I'd forgotten how good the new stages are, full concentration required. So satisfying.
There's still 2 spots available so I'll keep one warm for you.

Not long left for the initial qualification events, then everyone will get seeded into their leagues. I still have my 3rd run to do for the individual leagues after taking about 50 seconds off on my 2nd run. Did my 3rd attempt in the teams league in the Yaris and didn't improve on my Puma time. I think the Yaris could have been quicker but it doesn't suit my driving style very well versus the Puma.

What I'm really enjoying with the Rally1 cars is trying to balance the hybrid usage. Because you have no control over the deployment, you really have to think about when and how it is going to deploy, touching the brake during deployment cuts it off until you recharge, so it very much encourages you to use engine braking and the weight shifting of the car instead of the brake to try and keep the deployment going when you need it. And sometimes braking extra if you're going into a tight section and don't necessarily want the car to shove 500bhp into the road, that's a one way ticket to the scenery. Really has added an interesting dynamic to the stage strategy.

Last edited:
Side note to joining the team, if you're on Xbox or PC, let me know your in game player number on here, just so I know who's being added, as I'm on PS I can't see xbox or PC gamertags. Just your player number.

Back