WRS New Drivers and Promotions

• Thread starter Tedehur
  • 1,222 comments
live4speed
I've registered before a loooong time ago before Kent was incharge of the WRS (back when he was known as Go Kents), but I'm starting to have a bit more time to do things besides work gradually, but surely. So I'm going to try and do a decent time later and get back into the WRS, I used to be Div 2 driver but I'll probably have fallen into of Div 3 by now since I've not been too regular on GT4 over the last few months.

It's just a pity I don't like Infieon that much :lol:.

You underestimate yourself, live4speed. You're still div 2 from the lap you submitted. Welcome back

Cool, :cheers:. I'm going to try and make it every week if I can, I should be able to put a coule of hours into it at least.

Thanks for the welcome guys 👍.

HeinrichII
Umm is it allowed to hit the cones?
The only rule that matter is the one that says "you need to have 2 tyres in contact with the tarmac or the rumble strip". If some cones get hurt in the process, it's called collateral damage :D

Cool

Last but not least, umm when saving my replays for future time verification, do I save them as "save ghost replay" or "save replay"??

I think it's the 2nd choice, but I lose nothing on asking :D

HeinrichII
Cool

Last but not least, umm when saving my replays for future time verification, do I save them as "save ghost replay" or "save replay"??

I think it's the 2nd choice, but I lose nothing on asking :D
"Save ghost" as often as you can : it only saves the fastest lap. On multi-lappers, you obviously can't save the fastest lap only, so you have to "save replay".

3 new drivers (382nd, 383rd and 384th) registered this week : trevisio joins div1 with the 6 fastest time, SkylineGoes joins div2 and Blackwyn2000 will race in div 3.
Welcome to the WRS.

Another batch of 3 drivers joined the already long list of regitered drivers. Mr. Bojangles in div2, juicyfrys and tuner307 in div 3.

Welcome guys !

2 new drivers join div 2 : panamajack and oldphart.
Welcome guys, and you have only 7 hours left to run the less attractive combo in the WRS : week 40 :D

Moved myself up to the 18th spot in the qualifier race :sly: Blew away my old time by 1.4 seconds in 20 min. The last few months have REALLY paid off!

jump_ace

Thanks for the warm welcome :)
Call me sick, but I was just begining to like the car and track.
Really looking forward to this.
Now it's time to learn how to tune, this should be ugly... LOL

Since we implemented the gold/silver/bronze system 3 races ago, 4 drivers have run 3 consecutive 'gold' times in their respective division :
  • hOt6o4bOi
  • kart.no.38
  • MisterWeary
  • rotbarsch1979
The first two can obviously be promoted to nowhere unless I create an 'alien' division, which is not in my plans.
The other two, Colby (MisterWeary) and Gregor (rotbarsch1979) can be promoted, so they'll start from next week in division 1 and division 2 (respectively).
Congrats mates 👍 👍 👍

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure my stay will be brief but that's still groovetastic 👍 Now I'm off to change my sig. :sly:

Yeah, Congratulations you two!

I told you you'd get it 'Weary', and you didn't listen....

MisterWeary
lol....you won't be far behind
...when he eventually gets his replay device, because of the following syllogism :
  1. one who has no replay device has no official gold time,
  2. one who has no official gold time can have no promotion.
  3. Therefore, one who has no replay device can have no promotion
:sly:

Wha...? I'm in Div2 now? Like OMG... I'll totally have to change my sig and drive faster and stuff now. :dopey:

Congrats on your promotion, MisterWeary. :)

Tsk,tsk,tsk. No sense whingin' now Gregor. That's the price of fame buddy.:lol: Time to start giving that new DFP a workout don't ya think? :dopey:

Congrats to both! Well earned. I don't think either of you will be sliding back any time soon. 👍

@Cyril. Why not an alien division? hehe. If not, how about doing the old div 1.5 idea then??? :sly:

Way to go Colby! U Rock Dude! Welcome to D1 baby...yeah!

Jerome

Congrats Colby, welcome to hell! (D1) :P

jump_ace
Moved myself up to the 18th spot in the qualifier race :sly: Blew away my old time by 1.4 seconds in 20 min. The last few months have REALLY paid off!

jump_ace
Took 30 mins with my Wingman Formula Force to drop my time again to what is now 1.1 seconds quicker than what I submitted. But I wasn't content, so I kept at it and am now almost 1.3 seconds quicker. So basically just a little more than .7 under the D1 barrier, and looking to make that 1 or more seconds soon enough... just need to link everything up :sly:

I think I can't go back to a DS2, the wheel allows me to take corners so much quicker. I just need a better home setup, my knees are killing me and so is my back :( I should have tried this months ago :(

OK, have I got this right?

All I have to do to register for this WRS is do my best lap time in arcade mode at Infineon in an M3 at +20% power, -10% weight, soft sports tyres and then PM this to Flat-Out?

I'll then either be accepted and placed in a division or be rejected?

Anything else I have to do?

Latest Posts

Back