WRS New Drivers and Promotions

• Thread starter Tedehur
  • 1,222 comments
holzlondon
Ok then, is there any indication of what a normal quali time is? or should be?
No. Just run it as fast (and clean) as you can and PM me your times.

Edit :
3 new drivers this week-end :
FireEmblem62 and xanavi_nismo both join division 3, while MADFORCE from gtrp.de joins div 1 with the second fastest time (!)

Again 3 new drivers : Falango joins div 2, holzlondon and Cavediver join div 3.
Welcome the the WRS guys.

👍

Kolyana
People can be demoted? :uhoh:

Yeah one of the things u missed while in da UK girl. Needless to say I"m VERY nervous about racing with the wheel now...

jump_ace

jump_ace
Yeah one of the things u missed while in da UK girl. Needless to say I"m VERY nervous about racing with the wheel now...

jump_ace
You shouldn't be... I'm sure Cyril can, and would take notice of the fact that you've switched. I was looking forward to seeing what you came up with last week. I'm dissappointed in your Jerome! :sly:

flat-out
Again 3 new drivers : Falango joins div 2, holzlondon and Cavediver join div 3.
Welcome the the WRS guys.

👍

Thanks, looking forward to some good competition!

FatAssBR will race in div 2, and StevenDeRuig in div 3 from this week on.
Welcome to the WRS guys !

Some extra info :
We now have 398 registered drivers :
39 in div 1
159 in div 2
200 in div 3
(excluding promotions and demotions)

Not sure where to ask this question, but here's as good as anywhere.

Where do I find the 'unofficial WRS leaderboard' I found it once, but can't find it again. Want to see how my splits match up to others without going through the entire forum searching. Thanx in advance!

holzlondon
Not sure where to ask this question, but here's as good as anywhere.

Where do I find the 'unofficial WRS leaderboard' I found it once, but can't find it again. Want to see how my splits match up to others without going through the entire forum searching. Thanx in advance!
A good place to find it is either in Kolyana's signature, or Flat-Out's.

In the case of Flat-Out, look for WRS Leadeboards, and click the first link, T times.

T13R
A good place to find it is either in Kolyana's signature, or Flat-Out's.

In the case of Flat-Out, look for WRS Leadeboards, and click the first link, T times.
And mine! :)

Welcome Cosmic! And Electric... May I ask why? Just curious...

Some people find one class too fast for their liking. Flat-out wouldn't allow a demotion if it was to just stay atop the Div 3 leaderboard week after week after week.

I could come up to div.2 and keep up with the people. But not with this week's WRS. I don't want to break another DS2 :dunce:

Kolyana
No matter, found what I was looking for. Nothing to see here ... move along.
Now then, now then?

Who's a frustrated little dominatrix disguised as a friendly little Puddy-tat?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway!

There was this Irishman walking down Whitechaple road with a dog on a lead and a cat.

He was asked by a copper,''H'are these H'animuel's yours sir?"
To which the Irishman replies "Yes, ossifer!"
"Why isn't the cat on a lead, sir?" asks the bobby,
"You'd best ak's them sir, as I'm too drunk!" replies the Irishman
"What are their name's?" askes the copper
"'Pat' and 'Stroke' sir!'" replies the Irishman,

You work out which is which!:sly:

Neil

Again 3 new drivers registered, and we now have more than 400 registered racers. 👍
GPR, criscross79 and rmbrady all join div 3.

Welcome !

I think I may have convinced Brad to join the WRS :P He has put as many miles on this week's combo as I have and while he isn't quite as fast, he has a time decent enough for the leaderboard :P

I don't think he'd race every week (only when the combo tickled him and time permitted), but I'm going to get him to submit his qualifier and Seattle times together. 👍

Kolyana
I think I may have convinced Brad to join the WRS :P He has put as many miles on this week's combo as I have and while he isn't quite as fast, he has a time decent enough for the leaderboard :P

I don't think he'd race every week (only when the combo tickled him and time permitted), but I'm going to get him to submit his qualifier and Seattle times together. 👍
Am I wrong to guess that Brad is "M. Kolyana" ? And in that case, did he race of his own free will or was it at knifepoint ? :D

flat-out
Am I wrong to guess that Brad is "M. Kolyana" ? And in that case, did he race of his own free will or was it at knifepoint ? :D

"M. Kolyana" Hmmm. *ponders*

I thought it was the guys who got nervous at that sort of thing? :shuffles on the spot:

I guess, strictly speaking, *cough*yes*cough*

But there were no knives involved ... well, unless you count me trying to get him *OFF* my damned game. I swear, when this boy finds a combo he enoys, it's everything I can do to 'have a go' of my own!!!

With all the time he put in this week, I thought it would be spiffy if he submitted, so I'm going to get him to run the qualifier today and see if he can get semi-mid D3.

Go Brad Go!

jump_ace

Surely it would have been gunpoint rather than knifepoint? ;)

I fear that photo will always come back to haunt you, Koly....

Hehhehe, yes, indeed ;)

As it is, gunpoint is working well, because the little bugger is faster than I expected him to be. Still D3, but a valiant effort and far from being the slowest. THe man is doing well :)

Kolyana

Sweet! I welcome him! 👍

KLR142
Sweet! I welcome him! 👍

I think he has the bug (for this week at least). We came back from his moms and he immediately pounced on the wheel and the qualifying combo ... like, my coat wasn't even off yet. He's within 1.5 of my qualifier that I used last year, so maybe the little bugger can equal me!

Of course, if he's going to get that into it, we're going to need some rules on sharing GT4 ... he's not very good at sharing a game when he's on it :(

EDIT: he ended up only .6 behind me and for several laps was ahead, so the guy did good 👍

We definitely don't want to be the cause of arguments in your couple, so you'd better go and buy a second TV, a second console and a second game :scared:

Edit :
I just updated the drivers list to add RNDZL aka Brad to div 3 drivers.
Welcome Brad :cheers:

Casio : I hope that you started to practise in either the Räzo or the MR-S on Sears Point, because your win this week deserves a promotion to div 1.
I've disqualified so many of your wins for the only reason that you couldn't provide a replay that I'm more than happy to move you up one division this week.
Big congrats, you're only the second racer to reach div 1 after having qualified in div 3 ! (shockwaveracing was the first one).

flat-out
Casio : [...]
Big congrats, you're only the second racer to reach div 1 after having qualified in div 3 ! (shockwaveracing was the first one).
Yes, CONGRATS indeed! I guess I'll take the third spot... Casio, I knew from when we were back in D3 that you were a little faster than me if you actually tried, and that we both belonged in D2 at the time. Now, we've improved soooo much. I'll join you soon! 👍 👍 👍

Back