WSC IV - JoeOfTheFire, SagarisGTB, O'Rama, Jaguar, Corvette CHAMPIONS!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 904 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

Furinkazen

Sim Racing Organiser
Premium
United Kingdom
Blackburn
Furinkazen_54
WORLD SPORTSCAR CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON IV
LE MANS DRIVERS BRIEFING - PLEASE READ
OFFICIAL PHOTO THREAD

The Legends Race On!

Chapter I - Spurgy (Jaguar) / Niop (Corvette) Champions
Chapter II - Spurgy (Ferrari) / Matty (Dodge) Champions
Chapter III - JoeOfTheFire (Ford) / SagarisGTB (AC) Champions

Welcome to the 4th season of the noisiest, most colourful, gruelling, and glorious series on GTPlanet - the World Sportscar Championship! The new season builds on the success of previous seasons with an expanded GT class, returning old favourites, and a special Triple Crown of the three most prestigious races in Sportscar racing. Strap yourself in, and prepare for Sportscar Sundays' it is World Sportscar Championship Season IV!

OVERALL PROTOTYPE DRIVERS CHAMPIONSHIP:

OVERALL GRAND TOURING DRIVERS CHAMPIONSHIP:

OVERALL SPORTS TOURING DRIVERS CHAMPIONSHIP:

OVERALL PROTOTYPE MANUFACTURERS CHAMPIONSHIP:

OVERALL GRAND TOURING MAKES CHAMPIONSHIP:

TRIPLE CROWN PROTOTYPE DRIVERS CHAMPIONSHIP:

TRIPLE CROWN GRAN TOURING DRIVERS CHAMPIONSHIP:

TRIPLE CROWN SPORTS TOURING DRIVERS CHAMPIONSHIP:

Last edited:
Rules & Regulations

~Races Are Sundays~

~Grip Reduction is set to Real~

~Damage is HEAVY~

~All driving aids except ABS at 1 are disallowed.~

~Draft is Weak~

~Timetable will be as follows: 7pm BST Race Room Opens, Free Practise. 7.30pm - Technical Checks/ GT & ST Qualifying for 15mins. 7.45pm PT Qualifying / 8.00pm Race Start

~All race's barring LE MANS are run with a pace lap. The field paces around at a given speed single file until a call is given over mic to start forming up in a 2x2 formation with at least approximately one and a half to two car lengths between rows. The leader is allowed to accelerate and take the green any time from pit entry to the start stripe, from then the race is started for the whole field.~

~If a start is not formed in a satisfactory manner then it may called off and another lap will be done under pace speed.~

~Penalties are off.~

~Fuel Use and Tyre Wear is on NORMAL.~

~The WSC Points system will be as follows *10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1* for class results. If you DC or DNF before the 2/3rds mark of the race distance, then you will get half points for your position. If you do not make 2/3rds distance but are still in a spot to get points, you will receive half points.~

~Foul language in the lobby and / or other negative conduct will result in points deductions and bans.~

~You are generally NOT allowed to swap cars during the course of the season in class. However it is fine to show up in a Prototype one race, and GT car another, and ST car in another. However exceptions may be made but in these cases the driver is ruled ineligible for points due to the switch~

~Mics are on for drivers to talk and relay information to one another~

Last edited:
Classes & Car Specifications I

~PROTOTYPE Category (PT)~
The battle for overall wins is no longer between just Ford and Ferrari - Jaguar return with a reworked XJ13 in the battle for the very top of the WSC. Prototype entries are restricted to a maximum of 2 per make - making a maximum of 6 cars on the grid.

Tyre Compound is restricted to Sport Softs and Sport mediums, with a minimum time that must be spent on the Medium compound, stated in each events Race Preview. In events with changeable weather, Racing Wet tyres are allowed - Intermediates are banned. The two-compound rule is voided if track surface water reaches 51% or above.

Ferrari 330 P4
Italian exotica, the Ferrari is a speed rocket down straights but difficult to drive, requiring fine car control and a lot of patience. It is NOT permitted any extra tuning parts. ENTRIES FULL

Ford MK IV
The journeymans favourite, the Ford is easy to drive, and very reliable, but does wear tyres a little more than other cars. It is NOT permitted any extra tuning parts and runs at 610PP. ENTRIES FULL

Jaguar XJ13
The Big Cat attacks in PT this season with the XJ13. Good on tyres but somewhat lairy to control, expect it to be a contender. It is NOT permitted any extra tuning parts, and runs at 605pp. ENTRIES FULL

~SPORTS TOURING Category (ST)~
ST is a one make series open to drivers of the Alfa Romeo TZ2, which was raced in it's own category in the old World Sportscar Masters. It's a fun and challenging drive with lap times similar to GT cars at some tracks.

Tyre Compound is restricted to Sport Mediums and Sport Hards, with a minimum time that must be spent on the Hard compound, stated in each events Race Preview. In events with changeable weather, Racing Wet tyres are allowed - Intermediates are banned. The two-compound rule is voided if track surface water reaches 51% or above.

Alfa Romeo TZ2
A beautiful car, the Alfa Romeo TZ2 is a joy to drive, with it's low kerb weight and pin sharp handling. All options on the car when bought are allowed - but no extra engine stages are permitted. The Alfa runs at 174hp, 620kg @ 503pp (Figure with Max Downforce)

Last edited:
Classes @ Car Specifications II

GRAND TOURING Category (GT)
Often the scene of the most scintillating racing in the field, near stock production cars battle for dominance. GT expands with AC, Corvette, Jaguar, and Shelby being joined by the diminutive little Marcos. Entries are restricted to a maximum of 3 per make .

Tyre Compound is restricted to Sport Mediums and Sport Hards, with a minimum time that must be spent on the Hard compound, stated in each events Race Preview. In events with changeable weather, Racing Wet tyres are allowed - Intermediates are banned. The two-compound rule is voided if track surface water reaches 51% or above.

AC Cobra 289
This less powerful Cobra uses the AC Cobra 427 as a base model, with a delimited engine to get to the specs of the 289. The Cobra runs at 288hp through power limiter. Stats should be 288hp, 1311kg @ 459pp. Allowed Tuning: Customisable Gearbox.

Chevrolet Corvette C3
The Corvette is the C3, a follow up of the thundering C2 that used to run in the old WSC class C2. Stats should be 300hp, 1552kg @ 457pp. Allowed Tuning: Customisable Gearbox, Sports ECU.

Jaguar E Type Lightweight
This E Type uses the same engine as the E Type but is significantly lightened for competition racing, boosting its handling. Stats should be 295hp, 1038kg @ 466pp. Allowed Tuning: Customisable Gearbox, Sports ECU, Weight Reduction Stage 3, Window Weight Reduction.

Marcos Mini GT
The tiny FF Marcos is not the fastest on a straight, but boasts excellent handling and exceptional fuel economy. Stats should be 193hp, 559kg @ 510pp. Allowed Tuning: Engine Stage 3, Customisable Gearbox, Sports ECU, Sports Intake Manifold, Racing Air Filter, Sports Exhaust Manifold, Sports Catalytic Convertor, Racing Exhaust, High RPM Turbo.

Shelby Mustang GT350R
The Mustang is a powerful beast equally thirsty on fuel and tyres, but almost unrivalled in a straight line drag race. Stats should be 290hp, 1268kg @ 450pp. Allowed Tuning: Customisable Gearbox.
FOR DAYTONA ROAD - 455pp

Last edited:
Race Schedule / Information.

Your worst points score for non-triple crown points events is dropped. Drops are factored in after Round 5 @ Monza.

WSC Final Specifications Test - 19 May
The Roar Before The Rolex - Daytona Road Course

Session Preview

WSC IV's field gather for the very first time with the pre-season Daytona test to sort out final specifications, and any tweaks to rules ahead of the season opener of WSC IV in a weeks time.

Round 1 (Triple Crown Race 1) - 26 May
The Rolex @ Daytona - Daytona Road Course
80 Laps / 284.8 Miles

Race Preview / Race Result

Daytona returns now with triple crown status and a near-double race length for the season opener of the WSC. It's a car set-up test with a twisty infield leading onto the famous banks and a challenging back straight chicane.

Round 2 - 2 June
Monterey Sportscar Classic - Laguna Seca
60 Laps / 132 Miles

Race Preview /
Race Results

WSC stays in the USA with a trip to the famous Laguna Seca track. Narrow, and difficult to overtake on, a false move here will send you into deep sand pits and then of course there is the treacherous and difficult corkscrew to negotiate...

Round 3 - 9 June
Goodwood Festival Of Speed - Goodwood
80 Laps / 166 Miles

Race Result

Goodwood returns to the schedule for the first time since the very first WSC season, a high speed challenge with flowing turns and short lap times. Changeable british weather could also have a major hand in deciding the race result here.

Official Test Session - 16 June
Le Mans Test Day

Test Day for the WSC Le Mans Classic from Circuit De La Sarthe, an extended session as we see who may be the drivers to beat for the race the next week.

Round 4 (Triple Crown Race 2) - 23 June
6th WSC Le Mans Classic - Le Mans 2005 NC
50 Laps / 420 miles

Race Preview / Race Result

Le Mans is well established as the flagship of the WSC. The 6th Le Mans Classic is 50 lap, over three hours to punish the cars and drivers. It's a double points event as well, which gives people even more incentive to press on and try and seize glory in the biggest event of the season.

Round 5 - 30 June
Monza 200 - Monza NC
56 Laps / 200 miles

Race Result

Monza is now later on the schedule and as a result has an even more pivotal role in the WSC title race. 56 laps of a straightened Monza leads to over a minute flat out in a high speed ride around the historic Italian track.

Round 6 - 7 July
Toscana Grand Prix - Pescara
80 Laps / 269 miles

Race Preview

Perhaps the most frightening track to race, whilst Pescara is a simple triangle of roads it hide's many little bumps and elevation changes. Drivers average over 150mph here per lap, and those speeds continue on into the intimidating Italian night.

Round 7 (Triple Crown Race 3) - 14 July
Spa Sportscar Grand Prix - Spa-Francorchamps
60 Laps / 261 miles

For the driver, Spa is a challenge, with fast flowing sweeps and corners. It's a joy to drive... until the Ardennes' region weather has it's say. Rain has happened in both previous seasons of WSC, expect a similar scenario in the extended season finale.

Last edited:
:gtpflag: Finally it's alive. Some cars and entries are reserved, will work on them now 👍

Seriously considering a part time in this. Just for the fun.

Will be in this.. not sure which car it will be ST Alfa probably, maybe GT with the Ginetta or Mini Marcos! :D I'll decide this week. ;)

I’m up for this again. Will be in the Cobra 289 or a Corvette.

If anyone has a spare cobra 289 then it would be greatly appreciated if I could have/trade for one.
PSN is smuffyatfcp

Didn't Chris say he'd be the other Ford?

In all honesty I am not sure about Chris after his recent poor driving shows.

Daytona Road mandated harder tyre compound use being tweaked, but approx 30 laps in GT and 35 in PT now.

Last edited:
I'm stuck between entering the GT class as either a Corvette, Camaro or Cobra or entering the ST class.

*Annoucement for WSC IV* Will be in the Alfa this season in ST. :D

Looking forward to this. Season 3 was definitely my favourite series I've taken part in. Also nice looking mustang in the OP. Wonder who's that is ;)

I like to enter the Prototypes with the Ford, been eyeing this series for awhile. This is on Sundays if I'm correct?

Yes Chris.

Good testing tonight, liking the 25% tyre allocation rule.

Well i'm not taking the Ferrari as in 2 season's I couldn't control the thing, the other 2 classes don't really appeal to me at all

Since both Jaguar slots are taken in Prototype, I'm interested in either the second Ford or one of the Ferraris.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back