X1 Prototype- WOW!

If your car has a jet propulsion engine, technically it would be a 0 wheel-drive. In that case, I don't think can handle you car properly into curves (lack of grip).

WOW, this is what I hope Formula 1 cars will look like one day, its all very 'Wipeout' looking and amazing in the current Red Bull livery because it gives you a connection to something which is much more real.

I wish PD would do some other car to rival this in game. Having just one car with these specs is not fair! Get Mercedes GP or Ferrari (who PD are quite cosy with) on the phone and make them to a equally cool concept car!

Robin.

Wouldn't be surprised if this is either the prize car for 100%, winning the final championship, a 24H race, or some sort of reward connected to the special challenges.

I wish PD would do some other car to rival this in game. Having just one car with these specs is not fair! Get Mercedes GP or Ferrari (who PD are quite cosy with) on the phone and make them to a equally cool concept car!

Well I guess that's the trouble of having no rules to make a true competitor with Adrian Newey having already shown his cards with the X1 ironically.
I mean what's stopping Ferrari for example to create a similar concept and adding an engine producing 3000hp and claim they used a new top secret material keeping the weight under 250Kg, etc., etc.
It would've been interesting to give the same instruction to a few companies and see the different results but as it is I'm fine with having this car as a unique vision which capabilities can't be equalled.
Maybe a few different liveries/colours would add some distinction online.

I would like to know how close the design process of this car parallels the product of a physically real car. Was a weight of 545kg an arbitrary number? Was it an actual figure derived from data compiled of materials and component knowledge. PD has granted me a long tine to think about all the great developing advancement. It will surly be entertaining to finally play 5.

Is this a real car eg like one exist in the real world or is this just designed for the game?

It was created just for GT5. I wonder if there will be an X1 race series, can't imagine what the prize car for that would be.

Cars are designed entirely on computers lmracer, so I guess 545kg is the EXACT amount it would really weigh, if they were to make it :)

This thing really is a stroke of genius: It's huge publicity for all concerned, builds PD's reputation within the automotive world, not to mention it's an amazing creation in itself. And for us - well you could probably make a very good game around this one car, running in the GT5 engine. Just... amazing.

Cars are designed entirely on computers lmracer, so I guess 545kg is the EXACT amount it would really weigh, if they were to make it :)

This thing really is a stroke of genius: It's huge publicity for all concerned, builds PD's reputation within the automotive world, not to mention it's an amazing creation in itself. And for us - well you could probably make a very good game around this one car, running in the GT5 engine. Just... amazing.

Computers aren't replacements for scales. I think the weight is an estimate based on formula 1 cars, and the T1. The Caparo T1 weights 470kg, and the RB6 Formula 1 car weighs about 620kg, so I think the weight they have given the X1 is a reasonable estimate. They would have to build the entire thing to really find out. The model they built of the car in CG can't give you the weight. They only model what you see.

The transmission is a continously variable one, correct me if i'm wrong but isn't that when the engine is kept at the maximum power out put revs? So the car will sound horrible? Other than that though, WOW.

Regarding the weight issue, I remember Steve Matchett stating that F1 cars can weigh as much as 400kg, but rules state that it has to be a certain weight so they use ballast to help with the rules and weight distribution. The stated weight seems to be reasonable.

Normally I would agree that cars are designed on computers for the most part and this one may have been through some computer programs too but I know Newey himself doesn't use computers to design his cars ( even the RedBullRacing F1 cars ), he still uses a traditional drawing board, paper and pencils.

Computers aren't replacements for scales. I think the weight is an estimate based on formula 1 cars, and the T1. The Caparo T1 weights 470kg, and the RB6 Formula 1 car weighs about 620kg, so I think the weight they have given the X1 is a reasonable estimate. They would have to build the entire thing to really find out. The model they built of the car in CG can't give you the weight. They only model what you see.

You know that? I don't wanna say all of that is assumption and probably wrong, but... I can't really think of a way to end that sentence. :lol:

edit. Analog you're right - I meant that the design will be entirely calculated with computers, once it's in the final stages, before it's made.

I'm not sure why the turbine would power the wheels through a transmission either. That's like airplanes being driven on the ground by the turbines connected to the wheels.

That's not the same thing at all - an airplanes primary role is to travel through high altitude at high speeds. No need for any sort of transmission to the wheels, because an airplane powers itself on the ground for what? 30 seconds? Then it's up into the air and on its way, simply pushing itself along.

Back