You know you're playing GT2 too much when...

• Thread starter tankuroded
  • 125 comments
You know you play GT2 too much when you wonder why your car can't float through buildings and trees.

Last edited:
You know you play GT2 too much when you wonder why when you leave the road everything doesn't go to grey and glitch out.

When you wonder why you don't hear music at the local car wash. And when you wonder what the heck they're using to wash it, expecting it to get cleaned just by revolving.

When you make comparisons between curves on the sidewalk and the ones on this game's tracks.

When you associate Germany and the UK with 'the North', France and Italy with 'the West, the USA with 'the South' and Japan with 'the East'

Seeing a car on the street and thinking "That was first included in GTx"

Seeing a car on the street and thinking "I've owned that car"

Using the word 'Demio' as a byword for anything ridiculously slow

Looking at a Porsche 911 (or a Ruf) and North City instantly playing in your head

When your old tutor room in high school was M12, not being able to help but think 'Vector. Aeromotive.'

The perception of the Suzuki Vitara (aka Escudo in other markets) changing from a wussy Barbiemobile to being the best 4x4xFar

When you're riding in your dad's Intrepid and think "Man, this could be a drag car..." When you believe you can get 505hp out of Dad's Intrepid. When you don't know the meaning of cosmetic damage. When you think that when looking in the rearview mirror, the lines on the road disappear. When you think that grass slows you down more than sand. When you take apexes while walking, sacrifice the apex of the right turn down the hallway to have the best corner entry for the immediate left turn. When walking after a right turn down a long hallway, you start on the right side and by the end of the hallway your on the left side of it after which you clip the apex making the right turn down the hallway before running into the class.

When you take apexes while walking, sacrifice the apex of the right turn down the hallway to have the best corner entry for the immediate left turn. When walking after a right turn down a long hallway, you start on the right side and by the end of the hallway your on the left side of it after which you clip the apex making the right turn down the hallway before running into the class.

As soon as I read the bolded bit, I was guilty.

Not GT2 per say, but whenever I get paid and go to the cashpoint (or generally withdraw money), the music from GT1 when you earn Credits plays in my head.

When you add "Preceiding" to your spellchecker's dictionary because that's the way it's supposed to be spelled!

When you add "Preceiding" to your spellchecker's dictionary because that's the way it's supposed to be spelled!

I've done that before. I also added Mecanical to mine (1999 Celica Mechanical Sports Version is labelled as such somewhere in the game, can't remember where at the moment)

MazdaPrice
When you associate Germany and the UK with 'the North', France and Italy with 'the West, the USA with 'the South' and Japan with 'the East'

Seeing a car on the street and thinking "That was first included in GTx"

Seeing a car on the street and thinking "I've owned that car"

Using the word 'Demio' as a byword for anything ridiculously slow

Looking at a Porsche 911 (or a Ruf) and North City instantly playing in your head

When your old tutor room in high school was M12, not being able to help but think 'Vector. Aeromotive.'

The perception of the Suzuki Vitara (aka Escudo in other markets) changing from a wussy Barbiemobile to being the best 4x4xFar

When you see a Nissan Skyline GT-R in real life and nearly run off the road in excitement, or when you wake up in the middle of the night thinking about how you need to change the settings on your car...

or when you wake up in the middle of the night thinking about how you need to change the settings on your car...

Sod that, when you can't sleep because you're deliberating car settings.

Gear ratios and downforce are perpetually imperfect.

Ah you beat me to it :lol:. When you wonder why your car blew up when you over-revved it. Or for those who experienced the garage bug, why your car doesn't go 200mph in reverse.

when you walk in the street and see cars from post 99 model years and think these cars are from the future

and think that they are weird

when you drive a pre 99 car

and when you think

The showrooms are selling brand new 99 cars

Last edited:
Those who tried to get gold on some of the tests at Midfield know about having to feather the braking, as in having to push the square buttons in a repetitive fashion to perfect the braking (if you had a standard controller like I did).

Anyway you know you play GT2 too much when you play GT4 and do that.

when you walk in the street and see cars from post 99 model years and think these cars are from the future
and think that they are weird
when you drive a pre 99 car
and when you think
The showrooms are selling brand new 99 cars

Must agree with you, My Mondeo is from 97 and its in the game !! Only game from GT series unfortunately.

Back