You know you're playing GT2 too much when...

• Thread starter tankuroded
  • 125 comments
Ha Parnelli! But I start running with the cart down the isle, then I transfer the weight, enter the corner way too fast then countersteer to correct the mistake I made. Its Mid engine cause thats where the groceries are! In the cart ahead of the rear wheels.

-when your wife has to remind you that waving the controller around and leaning the direction you want your car to go didn't work for your oldest daughter, why should it work for you?
-when you obsess to the point of getting your daughter to find the list of cars you win for different races online (she will do it just to get you to shut up).
-(this applies for GT5 but applies for some of the other games too) when you will get your daughter to catalog all the cars you have won or can/will buy in the game using Microsoft Exel.

*Raises hand* I am guilty, sometimes I get oversteer and understeer too. Mostly oversteer.. I'll have to tune my shoes... :ouch:

-Spiran

(This post is not a joke, it's true :nervous:)

Nike Shox have the best damper settings

I got one..

... when you put GT2 in, you start to ..:P in your pants.

But the Skecher's shoes have the most effective weight transfer. And about the pants problem, I had that problem when I finally beat arcade mode and saw the credits with the Foo Fighters song 'My Hero'. After 7 LONG YEARS, I finally won the hard difficulty races at Grindelwald and Rome Circuit.

....when you seriously think a rally car with two engines is actually better at road racing than an LMP with one engine. Not guilty, your honor.

....when you think that modifying your real-life car automatically increases its value

...when you get worried that doing top speed runs in your real-life car is going to cause your garage to disappear

...when you purposely do top speed runs in your real-life car, hoping your garage does disappear, and you'll wind up with a clear & black "mystery car" that does 200 mph in reverse

...when your entire music collection consists of a dozen songs that get played over and over and over and...

Last edited:
-when your version of "coming home and relaxing" consists of sitting down on the couch and yelling at the TV at the virtual pricks on the road that really couldn't give a damn that they just blocked you off from that perfect corner.
-when you get excited over the GT2 game you found in a store with game consols that date back practically to when the world was in black and white.
-when the most common phrase in your household is "STOP WALKING IN FRONT OF THE TV! YOU'RE MAKING ME LOSE!"
-(this applys to racing in general) when your three year old daughter will pick up your controller, erase all your saved data, then win you a new car on the same exact game.
-when you've actually come up with a code name for racing on GT2 (thrashing). (Later naming Guitar Hero "bashing" and when your nephew passes out drunk on your couch "crashing.")
-when father-daughter time consists of you playing GT2 and her sitting beside you on the couch, not playing because her hand-eye coordination sucks rocks.
-when, after spending months playing GT5 and kicking computer ass, you go back to GT2 and your daughter is in shock for fifteen minutes because, for once, you're actually not coming out in first place.

When you think your car is indestructable...

Or
When you think you can get a rare sports car for 8000 buks
Aka the twin turbo One in the mitsubishi used car dealer

When you think you can instantly turn up at tracks...

When you believe you can tune your car to 1000+

When you try to "merge" into another car, but all that happens is you wind up sideswiping it. :dunce:

When driving along in real life, you...
-sideswipe an innocent old couple in a Nissan Micra/Toyota Yaris/other similar budget supermini car to try to a) get round the corner quicker, and b) to overtake them.
-wonder why all the cars around you aren't getting more pixelated as you get further away from them.

When you think your car is indestructable...

Or
When you think you can get a rare sports car for 8000 buks
Aka the twin turbo One in the mitsubishi used car dealer

When you think you can instantly turn up at tracks...

When you believe you can tune your car to 1000+

You can tune your car to more than 1000hp.... if you slap on like 4 turbos at 20 psi and make it run on racing fuel and oil.... it might work??

on topic: You know you're playing too much GT2 when you lose the disc and call the FBI to find it. Another one: ...too much GT2 when you think no car has a reverse light (get it?)

You know you play GT2 too much when...

-You make wheels out of cardboard and try to install them
-You see one of you friends installing new rims to his BMW and you yell "You cannot install rims onto a BMW!"
-You can't find Test Course from USA map
-You think it never rains if you drive a car
-You don't know what it means when the car on front of you uses turn signals
-You take your PS1 memory card and try to use it to open your car doors,it doesn't work,and you think your save is corrupted
-When you think you can afford a Subaru Impeza 22B Sti
-You can tell the name of every car,exept Porsche,Ferrari and Lamborghini
-You think your car gets washed when you spin it and play N64 music in the background
-When you think it takes 5 seconds to travel to a any racetrack from your home
-You think you're indestructible when inside a car
-You install a camera into a angle as it is in GT2,make a pair of glasses with small LCD screens and connect them! Now you can drive your real life car like you do in GT2!
-When you try to buy a Volvo 240 LM car,even through i doesn't exist
-And when you think you can buy a Racing Modification for your 240 Station Wagon in real life

You know you play GT2 too much when...

-You make wheels out of cardboard and try to install them
-You see one of you friends installing new rims to his BMW and you yell "You cannot install rims onto a BMW!"
-You can't find Test Course from USA map
-You think it never rains if you drive a car
-You don't know what it means when the car on front of you uses turn signals
-You take your PS1 memory card and try to use it to open your car doors,it doesn't work,and you think your save is corrupted
-When you think you can afford a Subaru Impeza 22B Sti
-You can tell the name of every car,exept Porsche,Ferrari and Lamborghini
-You think your car gets washed when you spin it and play N64 music in the background
-When you think it takes 5 seconds to travel to a any racetrack from your home
-You think you're indestructible when inside a car
-You install a camera into a angle as it is in GT2,make a pair of glasses with small LCD screens and connect them! Now you can drive your real life car like you do in GT2!
-When you try to buy a Volvo 240 LM car,even through i doesn't exist
-And when you think you can buy a Racing Modification for your 240 Station Wagon in real life

That was quite good, my good sir!

When you think that the GT2 Race Series involves a bunch of Kei cars with turbos beating Mazda RX-7s.

When you play GT3 and only have one song selected in the jukebox, so you hear the same song for the whole race. When you buy a turbo and ask the dealer not to install it. When you go to a Dodge Dealership and ask them to install Stability and Traction control on your 1971 Challenger. When you write bast instead of east when giving someone directions. When you're in your dad's Dodge Intrepid and ask, 'So when are you purchasing the racing modification?'. Or when you school a buddy in Forza Motorsport using the techniques you read about in GT2's reference manual. When you think that if hit a steel guard rail your car will just mess up your tire alignment and cosmetically your car will be fine. Or when you think Seattle is just a city with run down buildings with train tracks that lead to nowhere and invisible fans that cheer you on.

-You think that you can control rain (Tsushuba ring and Tsushuba Ring WET in GT4)
-In real life, you enter into a kart racing championship and hope you win a Kart car for winning the event
-You get into a car shop,with your PS2 memory card,find a cool Corvette in the dealership. You take the memory card from your pocket in order to "trade" the car with GT credits

That's all i can think of,and sorry for these being GT4 related:dunce:

When you go to Seattle expecting the streets to be dark yellow;
When you see a purple Speed 12 and guess it's worth 500.000 bucks;
When you get the necessary amount of credits to buy a Escudo;
When you see a GT-One in GT5 and remember how happy you were when you got it in GT2.

When you think you can drive just as fast on sand as you can on pavement (Laguna Seca). When you think a tuned Nissan Skyline from a dealership can go faster than a Nismo Skyline JGTC.

When you sell your car in real life and ask to have the money in credits, placed into your game of GT2
when you Think you can buy a race car and drive it all you like
when you get a time on laguna in he game, then try to beat it in real life
when you think all the dealers are 5secs away
when you think you have unlimited space in your garage
when you play a lot of gt2
when you ask to have a special car in gt5 just for you and you only
all for now...

When you sell your car in real life and ask to have the money in credits, placed into your game of GT2
when you Think you can buy a race car and drive it all you like
when you get a time on laguna in he game, then try to beat it in real life
when you think all the dealers are 5secs away
when you think you have unlimited space in your garage
when you play a lot of gt2
when you ask to have a special car in gt5 just for you and you only
all for now...

OK.... That was kind of offtopic in the last part but it was a good try nonetheless!

-When you think finishing the sunday cups gives a car teleported to your house.
-When you think you can "save" your garage
-When you find out the correct spelling or Nomal is NORMAL.
-When you still believe the McLaren F1 is in the game.
-When you don't move out of GT land.
-When you think driving your car keeps it clean.
-When you think a Rally car or an LMP can do wheelies.
-When you finally beat the cheating GT40 in the Historic cup.
-When you beat an LM edition Vector in the Trial Mountain Endurance.

Back