You know you're playing GT4 too much when...

• Thread starter Doggie
  • 2,721 comments
...when, in the middle of a Delphi programming class, you catch youself reading a post like this. AND smiling... and replying... :dopey:

the dude on my side is :scared: thinking I am :dunce:

..when you have casts on both hands and can't play yourself, you'll invite your friends to play GT4, just that you can atleast watch someone play.

This one is also true... :)

...when you go to bed and start thinking about if you could remember all the names of the turn on "the ring".

...when you are lying in the bed,and your feet are moving forward and backwards.

...when you once get a blue paper from school.

there are so many good one's!!

When you read the whole thread, laugh at what aplies to you, and then participate in the thread. :D

When you manage to convert two hardcore NFS addicts to GT maniacs. :sly:

When you leave your memory cards at a mate's house for four days and you begin to go through withdrawal....:nervous: Going through that right now..

Jetboys427
When you manage to convert two hardcore NFS addicts to GT maniacs. :sly:

well, I did do something worse.. I manipulated my classmate to buy not only GT4, but DFP too! :crazy: :sly: of course, that was after i allowed him to test TVR Cerbera Speed 12 at Le Sarthe II. doing 250 mph plus, with home theatre booming from the wind and engine noise, he turned from Most Wanted heretic to loyal GT4 fanatic.. :lol:

GO ME! :sly: :D

Leonidae
well, I did do something worse.. I manipulated my classmate to buy not only GT4, but DFP too! :crazy: :sly: of course, that was after i allowed him to test TVR Cerbera Speed 12 at Le Sarthe II. doing 250 mph plus, with home theatre booming from the wind and engine noise, he turned from Most Wanted heretic to loyal GT4 fanatic.. :lol:

GO ME! :sly: :D
Tis Tis Tis..

I may have skipped school because I wanted to see Weekly Race Series results...

....I may have done this 3 times

Casio
I may have skipped school because I wanted to see Weekly Race Series results...

....I may have done this 3 times
So from now on, I'll request a confirmation by your teachers that you didn't skip any single course before I'm posting the results :D

...when you gather suspicious looks from people around you as you tell your friend at school to "try that LSD, it makes you gain some nice speed" and not noticing anything odd in what you just said - I did that!

:P

goixoye
When your wife has you declared legally dead, collects the insurance money, gets remarried to her high school sweatheart and you don't even care.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My contributions:

- When you read 4 pages of this thread and realise that you've been nodding in agreement most of the way

- When you find you have nothing to talk about with friends that you haven't seen for 9 months, because they don't play GT4, and playing GT4 is all that you've done.

- When you're showing your photomode pictures to your friends, and you point at the car you were driving and say "that's me!"

- When you start drifting around corners (on foot), while playing with the "air steering wheel" that you traded your air guitar for, fishing for a gear lever that isn't there, and making quiet engine noises.

- When you see a real horse and think that with only 1hp it's going to take forever to lap The Ring on that thing.

Alfaholic
- When you see a real horse and think that with only 1hp it's going to take forever to lap The Ring on that thing.

^^I laughed hysterically at that one!

Another:

When you drive road courses on the grass & sand traps to get a real feel for the 'rally' mode.

Alfaholic
- When you start drifting around corners (on foot), while playing with the "air steering wheel" that you traded your air guitar for, fishing for a gear lever that isn't there, and making quiet engine noises.
I do that with my 24 speed mountainbike! plenty of BOV hisses etc! :dunce: :crazy: :dopey:

You know you're playing GT4 too much when...

...you check this forum everyday in the vain effort that there will be some official news on GT5, and it's release date.

.....when only thing you care about is what car and music you'll use for your next drift video.
.....when you beat the ***t out of your cousin for scratching your GT4 disc.
.....when you see a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII IRL,and you look at your hands,thinking you are holding the PS2 gamepad,playing GT4.

Christhedude
...when you go to bed and start thinking about if you could remember all the names of the turn on "the ring".

...when you are lying in the bed,and your feet are moving forward and backwards.

Guily of both!

Your addicted to GT4 when you dad rolls up in a new car and you immediatly drive it on the Nurb and tell him how fast it is round there...

When you start making up names for turns on the fictional tracks....Mountain Twist on El Capitan anyone? (the one after the tunnel)

When you're on your bike and wait to shift only when it becomes impossible to spin the peddles any faster.

When sliding around on wooden floors/carpet isn't sliding, it's drifting.

Playing off the earlier tidbit about drifting shopping carts...

Yesterday I was shopping in Jewel. The guy who goes outside in the freezing cold and collects the shopping carts and brings them in walked in just as I did, and handed me a cart as a kind gesture. Little did I know that this shopping cart would be the absolute best 'handling' shopping cart I've ever come across. I think he lubed it all up with WD40 just before I got there, because there was absoutely no squeakage at all. Naturally I 'drifted' it through every turn o' the aisle, right in front of 40 year old women trying to find the cheaper kind of rice.... I got a few looks. The cart didn't try to tip over or anything. It took it with ease, the little 4 wheels were sideways and perfectly aligned. Thank you, Jewel shopping cart man for knowing I would appreciate.... your best cart.

And thank you, GT4.

(I really did this yesterday, by the way!)

...when my wife eventually calls me 'flat-out' because she had already called me by my first name half a dozen times and I didn't answer. (and it happens too often in her opinion)

kennythebomb
Playing off the earlier tidbit about drifting shopping carts...

Yesterday I was shopping in Jewel. The guy who goes outside in the freezing cold and collects the shopping carts and brings them in walked in just as I did, and handed me a cart as a kind gesture. Little did I know that this shopping cart would be the absolute best 'handling' shopping cart I've ever come across. I think he lubed it all up with WD40 just before I got there, because there was absoutely no squeakage at all. Naturally I 'drifted' it through every turn o' the aisle, right in front of 40 year old women trying to find the cheaper kind of rice.... I got a few looks. The cart didn't try to tip over or anything. It took it with ease, the little 4 wheels were sideways and perfectly aligned. Thank you, Jewel shopping cart man for knowing I would appreciate.... your best cart.

And thank you, GT4.

(I really did this yesterday, by the way!)

:lol: 👍 I think we should have a shopping cart tuning thread.

^ Place all your shopping near the back of the cart to try a wheelie :eek:
Or get the wife to push it & call her "Bob".

... when you buy 50" TV just for the game

... when you keep your memory card in bulletproof safe

... when your GT4 disk doesn't have a scratch on it because you never took it out of PS2

(I got PS1, PS2, DFP and only four games - I think you can guess which ones)

... When you hear a song from the game irl, you get flashbacks.

... When your whole day is just leading up to play again.

... When you hate people for picking NFS,MC,Burnout,etc over GT4.

... When you would rather have a DFP than a real car.

... When it becomes more than a game... it becomes a part of you.

when you imitate the slow in-fast out approach when driving in real life, thinking to yourself you must be shaving off about a second on the straightaway

i do this all the time :)

...when you go to a Mercedes-Benz dealership, test drive an SL55 AMG, crash it into a wall at 150MPH and expect there to be no damage

...when you fit a supercharger to your Vauxhall Corsa

...when the white lights that come on a real car when it is in reverse gear confuse you

...when you try to get into the slipstream of the Integra in front of you

Back