Your Drawings of CArs

• Thread starter gtfreak2
  • 111 comments
Originally posted by WhiteSW20
Toyota Chaser work in progress...

I'm also doing an oil painting of a drifting FD... painting in very early stages right now

I love this pic, but aren't those R33 headlights? Maybe I'm wrong.

172carthing-med.jpg

172craponda-med.jpg

172grandbmtt-med.jpg

172crap-med.jpg

my scanner sucks, doesn't even show you 1/2 the detail I put into shading these things. :(
oh well, enjoy...

this stuff is good-however i wish the person who started the forum and the guy who "drew the opel (both first page), would actually read the thread tititle. The first image posted was done on the computer but all he did was open the real pic of the car in some image editor(photoshop???)and apply a filter to it and the guy who claimed he drew the opel paid a friendly visit to cartooncars.com and took the car from the prints-vauxhall opel page. this post wasn't intendend to be rude but this thread is for car drawings so actually draw a car before u post a pic

my best cars.... i posted these in a thread i made also
the other cars in this thread that are actually drawn look good especially that chaser-reminds me of my baby, the altezza

Attachments

• c.jpg
    c.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 222
Originally posted by OmicroN
my scanner sucks, doesn't even show you 1/2 the detail I put into shading these things. :(
oh well, enjoy...

OmicroN I don't know what kind of scanner you have but if you change the type of medium your scanning i.e. document, illustration, picture, then it will show more of your detail. There are probably other settings like color, gray, or black and white.

Nick
zombie.gif

Originally posted by gtfreak2
Just put some of your drawings here...
Since I suck I just did this on my computer..

Nice way of cheating there. Just a little embosing and then some brightness-contrast adjusting...

attachment.php

That's my best drawing...

Originally posted by WhiteSW20
Toyota Chaser work in progress...

I'm also doing an oil painting of a drifting FD... painting in very early stages right now

Somehow that doesn't seem like a drawing (I can't see any of the strokes so I'm kind of skeptical...

hey, that is pretty cool! ypou do gasser drawings (I assume of course you are a hot rodder. good. we need more over here at GTP). the pic looks very good, the toony proportions and exagertaion are very well achieved (I can say so, I draw like that too). I like it :D

Cano

Some draings for LeMans Prototypes that I've done over recent years.

First, the Aston Martin DBR7. Drawn about a year ago, this is actually a followup to a design I made called the DBR59, which I personally didn't find very good, but this version is so much better

It features Aston's famous 6.0L V12, and would participate in the LMP900 class (this was before they decided to switch to LMP1/LMP2 for next year). It also was before Aston announced they'd be running the DB9 in the lower classes, so I merely was guessing what Aston Martin would use for their return to LeMans.

Attachments

• dbr7.jpg
    dbr7.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 173
Second, the Nissan R399. An evolution of the old abandoned R391, this car would be powered by Nissan's umbiquitious 3.5L V6, with a turbocharger thrown in. Also, yet another LMP1 class car. The design was meant to evolve the one used by recent Nissans (and Renaults) with the "grill" at the front sharing the shape of Nissan road cars. This car was also the first one I attempted to draw "sponsers" on, although they never got very far. You'll notice where I erased "Calsonic" from the car.

Attachments

• nissan r399.jpg
    nissan r399.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 163
Third, my most recent (I just finished it a week ago), the Toyota TS030. An evolution of the former Toyota GT-One (aka TS020), this car is meant to complete the job that Toyota failed at before, and take the overall win with one of the most advanced cars they can make. Obvious influence from their F1 team with the raised nose, as as well the winglets on the nose for vortex lift. This car is also covered with near full sponsership, which I think actually came out well. The TS030 is powered by a turbocharged version of Toyota's 4.3L V8 (the same engine used in Grand Am's Daytona Prototypes).

Attachments

• toyota ts030.jpg
    toyota ts030.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 228
Actually the first two neons were cool and the intrepid body kit was interesting. The Del Sol could have been nice. Here's what it should be... with mid-engine power.

031203-Del Sol.gif

Here's a drawing that I posted in questionable use of modification thread... It's rather old from '96 but it's the only one I have at the moment to show.

Nick
zombie.gif

Finally, a work in progress, the Subaru LMX. Using a Lola chassis that is an evolution of the EX257 used by MG this year, this new LMP2 class chassis combines the Subaru 2.5L Flat-4 from the Impreza WRX for ideal weight distribution. It also adds Subaru's new corporate face to the grill work, with their "airplane heritage" design.

No sponsership yet, but I plan to have some 555 and Pirelli logos somewhere on it soon after I finish the body work.

Attachments

• subaru lmx.jpg
    subaru lmx.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 214
Thats not bad at all. Much better than I could ever do. My artistic abilities stretch about as far as my.......nevermind.

_57_Chevelle_small_copy.png

It took about 20 minutes. Explains the messy'ness. Its the 2nd i have done in this style but my 1st wasn't even post worthy. It looks better on the paper but drawings always do. But anyway, tell me what you think.

uhm first "drawing" is a photoshop filter.. i can tell you that right now.. so don't do stupid stuff.. photoshop ppl can tell whether its a drawing or not..

edit: Click link in my sig, and go go page 2, thats all i have online for now, i'm always drawing cars.. i'm trying to learn 3/4 view, 's a lot harder than it looks. lol

Im gunna do a VW Beetle (old-style). If it works i'll scan it and post it. If it doesn't work out, well i guess i'll just screw it up and throw it in the bin. Keep ya fingers crossed for me. ;)

Back