Your Favorite Car

• Thread starter askia47
  • 342 comments
The GTO and Cerbera are excellent cars with Big Straights, But I have compared them to the 400R on tracks like Autumn Ring, Trial Mountain and Grand Valley, The 400R Smokes both of them and out handles them by far!

HYBRIDLVR
The GTO and Cerbera are excellent cars with Big Straights, But I have compared them to the 400R on tracks like Autumn Ring, Trial Mountain and Grand Valley, The 400R Smokes both of them and out handles them by far!
I think you'll find my driving style in the GTO will "own" just about any other car in the game. We are talking against the AI though right?

I was talking about "Battle Racing" with another Live Oponent, And as far as the 69 Vette you have to use Codes or a Dex Drive to get it!

(((((I sure like to send you a copy of my Save)))) It's the Ultimate!

SportWagon
Hey, this is one of the only three threads which appear to mention the 180SX.

Me, I like the '94 version. It's well-behaved, reasonably cheap, and a reasonable match for the Hard-Tuned Series without simply overpowering the competition with something like a GTO turbo or GT-R.

Of course the Pulsar can win the Hard-Tuned Series without too too much difficulty, too...
I prefer the SilEighty car, where they mixed the body up. Now that was a good intermidate car that could just about punch above it's weight, FR drive train so it was a fun drive as well.

Cerberra LM. I just fell in love with that car. I remember a mate was trying to do the Normal Car race series but couldn't handle the NSX. I entered the race with a Cerberra, think it was the LM but it couldn't have been otherwise it wouldn't be allowed, and with great concentration managed to kick the NSX ass over the races. Took some driving to do it and I probably couldn't repeat the expereince now, but at the time I had just started my GT career and was driving around in a Honda CRX.

HYBRIDLVR
Mines is the Nismo 400R and the 67Vette!
The Nismo 400R is a great car and I enjoy driving it. It was the first Nismo car that I used with high HP & 4WD and in some way's I prefer it to the Skylines, GT-R's & the GTO. Yes they have more power but this seems to handle the power better and in some strange way be a more attractive car and drive.

I really like the 400R with all the added upgrades, It out handles all but one of my cars in the game, That car is the Concept car, It has to be the best all around car in the game!

Attachments

• 184.jpg
    184.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 106
  • gt1-9a.JPG
    gt1-9a.JPG
    11.5 KB · Views: 46
Welcome to GTP I suppose, however this is an English language forum, and while we welcome peopel from all over the globe, can you please type in English not Spanish or Portugese or whatever it is.

GuK
Come cazzo si scaricaaaaaaa il video nuovo???? :scared:
Di quale video parli?

Just so you guys understand also, he said "How the hell do I download the new video?"

And to give an answer for the thread, I would have to say Cerbera LM. In fact, I started a new game of GT1 yesterday night because I wanted to race this car one more time.

People, People, People.....this post wasnt about the fastest car or the best car in the game...its about YOUR favorite car and why.

It may sound silly..But my absolute favorite car in the game...is the:

93' Honda Prelude Si Modified Baby Blue and White.

Maybe it cant win the speed races..but its pretty quick. But most of all you cant wreck this thing...try it, and you'll see what I mean...Im tellin ya a 2 yr old could drive this thing...lolol

2nd favorite: Id have to say its a tie between the FTO LM or the CERBERA LM I think both cars sound awsome accelerate really fast and handle like go carts. You can win any race with those 2 cars easily.

And 3rd: Gotta be the Viper GTS...I Like it because its versatile...you can gear it to accelerate very quickly without losing top speed and also the exact opposite. The only thing about the viper is that you have to learn to drive it. It not for the amature thats for sure.

Dmc Knight
I am so stupid I really ment Grand Turismo!!!:D

Well not to make your face turn red or anything...but you had it right the first time...its Gran Turismo. Oh and its (meant) not (ment)....Dont sweat it man...just one of my pet peeves...like when people say we except or eccept credit cards...its accept not either or those...drives me nuts.

I gotta agree with you, West about the PRelude. The Prelude, Civic, and del Sol are all great beginner's cars...i love it when someone tries to disagree with me on this. It's like, i've seen total videogame amateurs have trouble with some car, but they start to get the hang once they're in a low-powered FWD or (in GT2) a Kei car like the toyota Vitz.

Personally, i started my race career in an '88 Silvia Q's. Some have told me how much it sucks, how it's weak, how it's this how it's that...but i don't care. The Silvia / 240SX will always have a cherished place in my memory card. I even started GT3 and made it my second car once i could afford one.

Well, I have more than 1 'favourite' car in GT1. My first car was nice (Mazda RX7 Savanna GT-X or something like that, just under 200 hp, I still love to drive in it). When I got the first prize car (the famous Mazda Demio :lol: ) and I repeatedly won that cup, I decided to tune a car for the first time ever :P The slow Demio turned into a fantastic little go-kart with something like 211 hp, which could beat cars with more than 100 hp more. It is still one of my all time favourites, since tuning is very easy (even I can do it and I suck at tuning :P).

Until a few months ago I always thought that the cars with >600hp were faster than the <600hp race cars (except for the Cerbera), but after not having played GT1 in ages I found out that I was wrong. Example: I tested the Nissan Silvia Race car with <540 hp years ago and I thought it was a very bad car. I was absolutely shocked that my Silvia was 2nd at Trial Mountain of all cars I tested (I still don't have the FTO, so only the Cerbera was faster). My whole theory could be thrown away after I tested the other cars. The Chaser, the Supra, the Viper and even my bought GTO LM edition were much slower than the 'low' hp cars like the CRX del Sol LM (What an amazing car!), the RX7 LM Aspec, the Silvia and the Cerbera (tell me if I forgot a race car ;))

Well, to make a summary: The Cerbera is nice of course, but maybe it's too nice to call it a favourite car. The Silvia after many years surprised me the most. The car was so easy to steer where I had so much trouble in the past. The Del Sol is also a fantastic car. The colors are perfect, the car steers perfect, the amount of fun with this car is perfect. yeah, this is my favourite of GT1.

Top 3:
1: Honda CR-X Del Sol LM
2: Mazda Demio Aspec (tuned)
3: Nissan Silvia Race car (don't know the exact name, it's the car you can win)

Well, I tell ya what I just did about 3 hrs ago...I took my Honda Prelude and went to the maga speed track....I had to see what would happen. At first I thought...I better stretch the gears a little or I would get my azz whipped on top speed. I was wrong..all it did was slow it down..so I went the other way and tightened the gears up just a tad...and walla!!!!! My little modified prelude kicked some butt...

I finished 1st on the High speed ring, 3rd on the test course, and 1st on the second high speed ring and won the championship with it....ahahahahah I swear to god Im telling the truth. I just simply out accelerated and out handled both the RZ and NSX. Naturally I couldnt compete with them on the test course though....That would be impossible with that car.

I tried to win it with the concept car and could only tie with the twin turbo at 15 points..cuz he finished second on the 1st and 3rd race with me 1st...and I couldnt get it done on the test course. That concept car really bogs down on the curves on that test course. I didnt get the twin turbo in the line up when I used the prelude...so I guess the game has mercy on you if your weak.

Hey i believe you about the Prelude in the Mega Speed. So many people are obsessed with 900 horsepower Skylines and GTOs that they never bother to see if more pedestrian-oriented cars are worth a shot. They just go “it's slow, it's lame, it'll never get anywhere”.

And actually, the game has no mercy..you simply got lucky. All the game can do is draw cars from a random seed that's programmed into its memory. One time in GT2 i was racing one of the Nationals and entered a blue Supra. The game also entered an assorment of cars...all of which were either blue or green. The replay looked so trippy, i think i saved it, too...called it ‘the blue & green race’ :D

Which Dodge were you using, West? The Copperhead should be able to win the Mega Speed contest...i remember quite clearly using the purple one, drafting a GTO at the test track, and hitting jetliner-takeoff speeds.

***Here's a couple tips: raise your ground clearance a bit and set all your dampers to '2'. Otherwise, this car will bog down on the banks, like you said. I got this tip from some other bulletin board somewhere, but it was so long ago.***

Gotta love the GTO LM Race car( yellow ). If I remeber correctly that thing had 7 gears which to a nine year old who don't s*** about cars except more horspower meant faster thought was cool as h***. So since then it has been my favorite even though I've learned its not all about horsepower or number of gears. Now I feel the urge to go dust my copy off and play it.

Back