Your little sleeper

• Thread starter Jetboy.
  • 103 comments
The Toyota GT-ONE. It's like a wolf in wolf's clothing, it's the last thing they'll expect:

Ricer 1: 'Ha ha, that dude's modded his car to like like a GT-ONE!! Gee he must be compensating for something!'
Ricer 2: 'Nice one mate!'
Ricer 3: 'Ok, let's go!'

*the lights turn green*

Ricer 1: 'Oh ****e, it *is* a GT-ONE!'

I like using a tunned Mini. It looks about as menacing as an R.C car which fools other racers. Then the green light goes quickly followed by me.

F310B
The Toyota GT-ONE. It's like a wolf in wolf's clothing, it's the last thing they'll expect:

Ricer 1: 'Ha ha, that dude's modded his car to like like a GT-ONE!! Gee he must be compensating for something!'
Ricer 2: 'Nice one mate!'
Ricer 3: 'Ok, let's go!'

*the lights turn green*

Ricer 1: 'Oh ****e, it *is* a GT-ONE!'
:lol:

turbo civics are excellent sleepers as they are light and very tuneable. this is of course if you are not FF VS. RWD biased like me. but i have a CTR at around 260hp and my spoon civic sitting at a good 360hp all motor. my CTR is my preffered sleeper as ive tuned it to actually oversteer just enough and its extremely agile. i plan on getting a fiat turbo coupe plus soon and seeing what i can do with that. my 200hp vitz is pretty lethal too.

In real life, I was planning on dropping a 4e-fte Turbo motor in my Tercel... and making it have 200 HP... and 1800 lbs of car... but the Tercel is dead now... so no go on that.

The other crazy sleeper idea I've had is import a WRC WRX, remove all the fancy decals and stuff, and have it look like a normal WRX on the outside :D

In GT3 now, my sleep is my pink Vitz. Its fairly fast compared to many less tuned but over all more impressive cars. That, and my compitition in the game is somewhat lacking at times.... so I'm also trying to make idiot proof cars for them, so hard though.

Typical situtaion:

I'm playing GT3 when some people show up, and a conversation ensues.

Guy: "Hey, I'm good at racing games, I bet I could do good against at least"
Me: "Ok, I'll give ya handicap though, cause I play this too much, I'll drive this" Selects Vitz
Guy: "Man, I'm pretty good though... but whatever" Picks RUF CTR2...
Track - Grand Valley Reverse... he goes blasting by me at the start.... gets to the first corner... and finds he needs to use the brakes...

Me: "I thought you said you were good..."
Guy: "I can't TURN!!"
Me: "Yeah, they are called brakes, you need them... its not NFS or some arcade game..."
Guy: "This game sucks, its too realistic..."

So yeah, its not too hard half the time anyhow... :/
\
But the Pink Vitz "Pitz" owns you :D

I love running my fully-tuned Honda Accord Euro-R in Dark Copper up against Ruf's. Considering I can beat the GT3 in Special Stage 5, I think it's quite a car. Believe me, that was a great battle. I only won by 1.2 seconds.

Personally, I don't really think any of the cars in GT3 are true sleepers because all of them are the top performance model of their respective line (except for that Silvia Varietta which blows.) The mini cooper would probably be the closest thing to a sleeper.

A true sleeper would be a Tiburon twin engine turbocharged monster:) Actually, there's a car on ebay right now that I would love to drive around and spank people with... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ry=80766&item=4500963459&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
Just repaint that car white from a spray bottle and you've got urself a nice sleeper.

im sporting a 309hp Miata which isn't to bad but the ultimate sleeper to me is a fully modified subaru legacy gtb wagon, 350hp. My buddies all choose vettes, stangs, and other Japanese super cars, the legacy just gives them fits.

JrunkenC
Actually, there's a car on ebay right now that I would love to drive around and spank people with... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=80766&item=4500963459&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
Just repaint that car white from a spray bottle and you've got urself a nice sleeper.
Yeah I wouldn't mind having that car. Give the Boy racers something to think about round town. So many of them try and replicate the car, if it is the original then it would blow their weak little minds. Ohhh if only I had the money that I have in GT, I would be a made man.:banghead:

id say my sleeper is a elise 190 with jst a stage 1 turbo and stage 2 weight saving. I beat my mates 1000hp+ skyline gtr with it on trial mountain ( i think it was trial mountain)( its his game so i jst tuned and elise and challenged him to a race, i dont have gt3) :dopey:

well, i'm pretty much done w/ gt3.. been playing RBR and LFS, but the last sleeper i modified was a 360HP Toyota MR2 turbo that could do 1:35 on apricot hill on SIM tires. also.. did u guys notice that an Elise 190 w/ sims is just as fast on apricot hill as a RX7 w/ sims on apricot hill? they both do 1:39... at least thats as fast as i've been able to drive them stock w/ no assists on.

Back