Your little sleeper

• Thread starter Jetboy.
  • 103 comments
Funny how nobody's mentioned this little animal...

Miata%20MX-5.jpg

My '89 Miata is a track beast.

Fully tuned, fully lightened, stage 2 turbo, T5 tires, every goodie available...

371 hp / 40.8 tq / 872 kg / 2.350 p:w / 0.213 t:w

it won me all the way through Amateur FR & Turbo Sports, plus more...

I LOVE this car!

SpikePunch
Hmm, gotta say my Calsonic Skyline :P

Yeah, if i was too pull up next to Calsonic Skyline, my first thought would be, "Yep I'm in for an easy race....."

Sleeper means that the car doesn't look like much but goes like a shower of ****. The calsonic skyline is a full blown race car, so it kind of doesnt fit the sleeper category.

dori-san
Funny how nobody's mentioned this little animal...

Miata%20MX-5.jpg

My '89 Miata is a track beast.

Fully tuned, fully lightened, stage 2 turbo, T5 tires, every goodie available...

371 hp / 40.8 tq / 872 kg / 2.350 p:w / 0.213 t:w

it won me all the way through Amateur FR & Turbo Sports, plus more...

I LOVE this car!
haha. That's the ultimate sleeper. :) 👍

My Integra Type R or my s2000, both wear subtle 6spoke bronze enkeis. Neither fully tweaked, but rather tweaked to perfection. These cars stomp the hell out of much faster ones my friends have.

03twilightzx3
My Integra Type R or my s2000, both wear subtle 6spoke bronze enkeis. Neither fully tweaked, but rather tweaked to perfection. These cars stomp the hell out of much faster ones my friends have.
They probably never knew what hit em', unless you tell them. :)

I gotta agree the guy who said his Miata was his "sleeper". The Miatas are amazing cars that can take down much more powerful cars on alot of tracks. HP isn't everything, performance is the key.

My "sleeper", not that that really exists in GT is a Lotus Elise 190 fully tuned. That little car can do so much and offers many tuning options.

Thinking about this question the only real way you can make a "sleeper" by proper definition in GT3 is to hybrid. Take say a Daewoo or some such car and load it up with an insane part combos while leaving the body and chassis to look stock but having say 1400+ hp.

since miata was already mentioned...i'd say my original two-tone 2000cc s13. lightly tuned to 276hp with sport suspensions and stock rims. pretty badass in special stage 5 (1:30:34)and 11 (havent done best time for this one yet).

2 I don't think have been mentioned:
-Suzuki Alto Works: Not exactly a Viper killer, but 230hp in a little kei car body is bound to take a few people by suprise. Handles like it's on rails. Atrocious turbo lag though.
-Tom's X450 (Toyota) Chaser: It's a prize car you only get from one race (IIRC), so it's pretty rare. Many players may not realise this 4 door sedan has 800 horsepower!

TimmyJones
Seeing as their is no fine line on what is and isn't a "sleeper" I would hafta say my white focus rally car, love racing against the GT one and hanging right with em.
Well I think the "line" is fairly clear; the definition was laid out in the first post, being a car that makes your opponents think they have an easy ract until the green light and then you surprise them.

Obviously any race car (ie. the Vertigo) or any rally car (the one you picked) is NOT a sleeper, since it doesn't really gove the impression that it's a slow car, does it?

I don't know how many of you are fans of this car, but one of my favorite "sleeper's" is my 240sx k's aero. Its fun because not only does it look awesome as its going around the corners sideways, but I can beat my friend w/ this car when he's using a 1000 hp skyline. I'm not entirely sure if the 240 counts as a sleeper, because everyone that is a car enthusiast knows that its an amazing drift machine, but my friends who just think "I have twice as much power as he does... I can smoke him easy" its real fun putting their times to shame. XP

I got an xj220 tuned to the hilt... and when my buddies pull up in their Skylines, The light turns green & all they see is my taillights! :mischievous:

Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 I beleive its a '95 on GT3. Black with Black OZ racing rims. Makes 556HP @ 6000rpm and 79.2ft.lb Torque @ 4000rpm (I really wish GT3 didnt have this bug). weighing in at about 1520kg. running stage 2 Turbos and everthing else on the engine is modded to full extent. It's pretty bad ass. My favorite car to drive but got to hate the understeer sometimes. 👍

crimson_menace
I got an xj220 tuned to the hilt... and when my buddies pull up in their Skylines, The light turns green & all they see is my taillights! :mischievous:

LAW_3000GT_VR-4
Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 I beleive its a '95 on GT3. Black with Black OZ racing rims. Makes 556HP @ 6000rpm and 79.2ft.lb Torque @ 4000rpm (I really wish GT3 didnt have this bug). weighing in at about 1520kg. running stage 2 Turbos and everthing else on the engine is modded to full extent. It's pretty bad ass. My favorite car to drive but got to hate the understeer sometimes.

Those 2 cars are not sleepers.
A sleeper is a car that goes a lot harder than they look.
In GT3 my sleeper is a fully modded Alto Works or Mazda Demio.

Anderton
You mean Vitz? Not everyone is hip to your freaky-deaky GT3 lingo! :D

Hey, it's not just my lingo, most everyone around here calls the pink Vitz, the 'Pitz', or at least they did at some point.

Another sleeper of mine is the CR-X Del-Sol, good fun, though with the racing muffler it sounds like a constipated blender.

My sleeper is teh Trueno SS Version 380 when fully Mod I have used this car to demolish Evos, WRX, Focus rally, ITR.....and a few more ....

The S13 silvia 2000cc is probably the best sleeper in the game. It looks old and slow especialy if you leave the stock rims, but its a pretty light FR car that pushes to around 500 hp fully moded. The 3.2 CL type S would be a verry good sleeper if you could turbocharge it. people would say, "man thats a frikin huge grampa car man" Although it's based on the verry capable accord chassis and would probably make at least 600 hp. It sucks, GT's selection of turbocharge-able cars. The corvetts 5.7 liter two valve engine isint sutable for forced induction, but with its 11 to 1 compression ratio and 9000 rpm redline, the S2000's powerplant does just fine. What the heck is that?

The REAL SLEEPER, is the "ZONDA", :ill: it's so quiet, i have to look at the RPM gage, to know when to change gears. hehehe or even the Jaguar XKR :indiff: Coupe...simply..Zzzzzzzzz But if you really wanna fall asleep, try the Daihatsu Mira, or the Mini, :yuck: it takes forever to get up to speed....Zzzzzzzzzzzz Have yourselves some..nice dreams!! :dunce:

The Real Sleeper, than...is... :dopey: the Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4, sure it looks like a sports car, but try the difference in stock and fully upgraded to 1033hp :crazy: , sure, the Mini is fun to drive with 169hp :dunce: but..... when you crave the.......speeeeeeeeeeed.............? :scared: :sly:

Back