Your most wanted feature for GT7?

What's your most wanted feature for the next GT?

• Full VR compatibility

Votes: 50 17.9%
  • Deeper graphical configuration settings - FOV, framerate, maybe even 60<FPS

Votes: 10 3.6%
  • A-Spec, B-spec

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • More cars, man, that's all that matters.

Votes: 34 12.2%
  • More real world tracks

Votes: 69 24.7%
  • More fictional tracks

Votes: 16 5.7%
  • Other

Votes: 82 29.4%

• Total voters
Dynamic time of day and weather is the big one for me. It’s the standard now a days in pretty much every game genre out there.

Others:

Adjustable brake pressure and tire pressures. FM has been doing this since it’s Xbox 360 days, it’s strange that this still isn’t a thing in GT.

GT Auto because why not?

Bring back the old upgrade system. I want to spend hundreds of thousands of credits to bring a kei car up to 120 hp again, just like the good ol’ days. :lol:

Last edited:
I've had this idea in my head and maybe this thread would be the best place to put it...

Possibly a return of the Used Car Dealership, but with a twist.

Basically how it works is, you sell/delete a car from your garage, but instead of it being gone forever, it gets transferred to the Used Car Dealership and can be sold off at a lower price (probably at least 30-75% of its selling price in Brand Central/whatever the New Car Dealership will be referred to as). Once another player buys it off you, you get that money from the other player. It's probably going to be chock full of spare S-FR's, Fits, Beats or Copens I'd imagine, but weren't the Used Car Dealerships of GT4/5 like that?

I think online cross-play between Sport and GT7 would be essential. PD has done a great job of pacing the updates at a rate that keeps me and other drivers coming back to the game so it would be a disaster if they split the online user base in half.

That being said, I voted for VR because it's awesome.

I've had this idea in my head and maybe this thread would be the best place to put it...

Basically how it works is, you sell/delete a car from your garage, but instead of it being gone forever, it gets transferred to the Used Car Dealership and can be sold off at a lower price (probably at least 30-75% of its selling price in Brand Central/whatever the New Car Dealership will be referred to as). Once another player buys it off you, you get that money from the other player. It's probably going to be chock full of spare S-FR's, Fits, Beats or Copens I'd imagine, but weren't the Used Car Dealerships of GT4/5 like that?
I would love to see this back. Especially with the possibility to sell cars to other players. Don't really know how they need to implement this with the amount of mileage the car has and how it affects statistics such as engine performance and body rigidity etc.

Last edited:

Selling cars in Used Car Dealership was GT1's thing...(other GT just let you sell from garage) but yeah I kinda want the sold cars to not gone forever but utilize the Used Car Dealership as its place. The selling price should be decided by the mileage of that car (with new era GT, based on things like Body Rigidity and Engine Overhaul too), like GT4, where 6.2 miles car get prices similar to brand new one (probably the 75% here).

Although actually Used Car Dealership is for, well, older cars (GT4's dealership car only contains from 2000 and above, at very lowest 99', also GT1/GT2 iirc has the under 97' cars in used car dealership, but 97' and above in dealership)

The return of GT Auto and the Tuning Shop.
Livery Editor should be moved on GT Auto too, as per its tradition. I want the Tuning Shop to have the manufacturer's tuning company name's back!! (Like Toyota's TRD or Dodge's Mopar).

Custom parts for all the cars, with that I don't mean just bodykits and wings but also period parts and optional factory parts like we had in GT6 on certain vehicles.
I kinda want the Racing Modifications to take that place, as per GT tradition, as Racing Modifications, in some way outside of liveries, are GT's way of cosmetic modifications with the addition of improving car's performance. RMs here should be able to include pre-set liveries or leave the car with its previous stock color, and the addition to edit wings like you said.

Last edited by a moderator:
1) Continuity of grip between various game modes i.e. 1:00pm 'sunny' @ Brands has same grip level for all offline and online variants

2) A finished bug free game when you buy it upon release (a la GT1 - 4) without monthly updates and continuous screwing around with the 'physics' / tyre module

3) Minimum grinding to get ALL available cars

OK, maybe not true meaning of features, but this game has done my head in for so long, through so many versions (GT5, 6, GTS) I really couldn't give a 🤬 about features, I just want the 'old' GT back...

Well...

GT Auto (car wash, oil change etc.)

Customization (bumpers, spoilers, wings with fine tuning like in GT6, etc.)

Tuning (being back exhausts, manifolds, upgradable breaks, suspensions, etc.)

Online Seasonals that feature special races, trials, etc. with big payouts like in the past.

PP system (I don't like the grouping system in GTS, especially when cars get tossed into gr.X)

Career Mode with a decent amount of laps and price cars (I don't fancy the current GT League that much. No price cars means no motivation for me to complete them)

Used Car Dealership (if possible when PD has scanned enough old cars, and I mean OLD cars like in GT2/4)

Unlocking new cars for Arcade Mode (like in GT4, you buy them in GT Mode in order to unlock it in Arcade Mode, my fav. This will motivate players to buy every single car in the game, my treat :))

More tracks (especially Classic GT Tracks like Deep Forest, Midfield Raceway, Apricot Raceway, Seattle Circuit/Mini, Grand Valley, High Speed Ring, Special Route 5/7/11, etc.)

Dynamic whether and Day/Night cycle. (Too be honest. I couldn't care if this was selectable like in GTS. But we'll see for GT7)

And I think that is all I have on the top of my head. Everything else like Livery Editor, Engine Sounds, new Photo Travel(?) are fine. I just want back stuff that made GT famous in the past, and what got me and many others into playing it (and supporting PD) all these years before GTS came along.

Well...

GT Auto (car wash, oil change etc.)

Customization (bumpers, spoilers, wings with fine tuning like in GT6, etc.)

Tuning (being back exhausts, manifolds, upgradable breaks, suspensions, etc.)

Online Seasonals that feature special races, trials, etc. with big payouts like in the past.

PP system (I don't like the grouping system in GTS, especially when cars get tossed into gr.X)

Career Mode with a decent amount of laps and price cars (I don't fancy the current GT League that much. No price cars means no motivation for me to complete them)

Used Car Dealership (if possible when PD has scanned enough old cars, and I mean OLD cars like in GT2/4)

Unlocking new cars for Arcade Mode (like in GT4, you buy them in GT Mode in order to unlock it in Arcade Mode, my fav. This will motivate players to buy every single car in the game, my treat :))

More tracks (especially Classic GT Tracks like Deep Forest, Midfield Raceway, Apricot Raceway, Seattle Circuit/Mini, Grand Valley, High Speed Ring, Special Route 5/7/11, etc.)

Dynamic whether and Day/Night cycle. (Too be honest. I couldn't care if this was selectable like in GTS. But we'll see for GT7)

And I think that is all I have on the top of my head. Everything else like Livery Editor, Engine Sounds, new Photo Travel(?) are fine. I just want back stuff that made GT famous in the past, and what got me and many others into playing it (and supporting PD) all these years before GTS came along.
Customization is also a part of GT Auto (even back then for wheels), and technically Livery Editor should be part of GT Auto too. Personally I would like Racing Modification to be back as GT's car customization (technically, outside of liveries, it modifies car's bodies), but with changable wings with fine tuning too.

Yes PP system groups cars with more of their general performance....unlike in GTS where cars are divided based on HP...Although I would like them to keep the car's stats with PP as the overall, also divide class groups but use PP as basis (like 5 class - B, A, IB, IA, S based on PP range)

I want more of the Career Mode to have the player experience every kind of cars, from karts, subcompacts, sedans, sport cars, rally cars, supercars, touring cars, Le Mans cars, Formula cars, VGT, etc.

Although for unlock Arcade Mode cars...some people don't have time to buy all cars so they suggested to have all cars unlocked in Arcade.

I was playing around with the Secret Menu in GT5 earlier today, setting up some proper grids for racing and I decided that I really want a more in-depth custom race mode. The custom race menu we have is the most in-depth we've ever had for Arcade races, but we can do better still.

I was thinking that the opponents tab with the different groups can be replaced with the tree from the GT5 Secret Menu's "preferred opponents" screen.

Something like:

[Rival Car Selection] 0/19

then the garage car selection pops up like in a Sport Mode race with loaner cars, but with the entire selection from the game. This screen would keep the same functionality of sorting like your own garage, so you could search by power/weight, group, horsepower, country, make and others. You can then go through and check off up to 19 other cars to enter the race from the entire game's car list. Choosing less than 19 cars would make the game just automatically double-up on random models.

After exiting the menu you would get a prompt from the game about whether you would like the grid order set to slowest first or fastest first (just like open lobbies). Putting fastest first would be the best option for multi-class races for obvious reasons. Or you could go slowest first because you're a madman and like seeing Fiat 500s start before Red Bulls.

Shuffle Racing..

:bowdown::bowdown:

my list is very long...

- Fair and better penalty system ..
- Drag racing mode (for lobbies)
- drifting sector extended to all the entire track ( as GT5 )
- filters in order to list our cars properly
- More digits/characters to describe the online LOBBIES (Japanese with 4 characters write a letter.. we NOTHING)
- More digits/characters to describe the Setup for the cars
-
-

IR

Last edited:
A proper GT-Mode with actual races and qualifying rather than chase the rabbit, dodge the mobile chicanes rubbish of GT6/GTS.

Properly quick AI of variable difficulty to suit more players.

Proper Endurance races that you can do on your own, with B-Spec teammates or with human teammates via your friends list.

Multiclass timing and scoring in all game modes to facilitate races in all classes with results.

Online dedicated servers for the Lobby. SHUFFLE

Knock out ladder system for sport mode. A random draw for round 1 with qualifying, then the top half of the finishers in the race making it to the next race, with the grid established by the results of the previous race until you get to the final and then, and only then, get the points towards the championships.

Back