Your most wanted feature for GT7?

What's your most wanted feature for the next GT?

• Full VR compatibility

Votes: 50 17.9%
  • Deeper graphical configuration settings - FOV, framerate, maybe even 60<FPS

Votes: 10 3.6%
  • A-Spec, B-spec

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • More cars, man, that's all that matters.

Votes: 34 12.2%
  • More real world tracks

Votes: 69 24.7%
  • More fictional tracks

Votes: 16 5.7%
  • Other

Votes: 82 29.4%

• Total voters
More importante for me is:

- Shouldn't have to grind in a game i bought. All cars should be avaiable, mayby just limited by experience gained. I dont even mind if new cars are paid DLC if i buy the dlc and can immediatly use them
- More tracks, possibly real ones
- More online races avaiable, even if less frequent by day, and mayby fixed leagues over a month
- FOV settings, with the improved graphics more and more people want to race in cockpit cam
- A good career structure and AI
- better tyre and grip model
- Weather effects (even if not dynamic)

If only this was avaiable in the GT7, i would gladly pay 100€ for the base game

User created liveries and decals should come with a nominal purchase fee using in game credits and in the case of when a new car is released in an update, such as GR2 Lexus SC430 for example, alternate liveries created by PD are available to purchase through the mileage exchange (or new equivelant). That should also include the option to purchase special PD liveries such as the X2014 Nations Cup liveries and GR2 liveries in the GT League events.

Full leaderboard functionality
- All performances not just top 10
- Qualifying leaderboards can exclude performances done elsewhere in the game, but qualifying performances should go into the wider game leaderboards
- Should be able to set any performance from the leaderboard as your ghost / time reference
- Would be fantastic if it recorded your best performance with each car in each category, like it does in the time trial mode in GTS, but for everyone in the full public leaderboards. At the moment I have to manually record my best and optimal times in each car from qualifying attempts in a spreadsheet.

Driving physics where brakes don’t act as a stability system all the time. Whatever car you use fastest way to drive it is to smash the brakes at every heavy braking zone, this with irrealistic ABS system makes the game way too “easy”.

No online requirement. I will not buy GT7 unless they allow local saves and offline play.

They can have 1000 premium cars and every Original track including Seattle, but I won't buy it unless they're not going to force me to waste bandwidth.

No online requirement. I will not buy GT7 unless they allow local saves and offline play.

They can have 1000 premium cars and every Original track including Seattle, but I won't buy it unless they're not going to force me to waste bandwidth.
is it really that much bandwidth my dude?

What I would like to see in GT7:

- GT Auto and Tuning Shop

- Used Car Dealership

- Acquiring a paint chip from any car you purchased.

- Coffee Breaks and Special Events

Bonus:
A setting where you can switch the style of the main menus. For example, GT1 or GT2 menus.

It isn't. But it is the principle of the thing. Games are suppose to be friendly to use and there is nothing friendly about not being able play the game when your internet goes out.
i get where you're coming from I just think we may be past the point where this is a practical suggestion. Gamers are used to regular updates, we are somewhat used to buying slightly broken games that get patched over time and more and more companies seem to have moved to a model that releases the games content over a year or so of updates than simply buying a disc and everything being there. Not saying this is necessarily better, just a sign of the times and unlikely to change. With e-sports and multiplayer basically now the main selling point of racing games, it would be pretty unwise to release a GT title catered to the offline single player experience. That market just isn't nearly as large as it used to be, despite what it may feel like to those of us who have been gaming a long time.

I'm curious to know where you're getting these statistics from?

Besides, this topic is about if GT7 is a main entry into the series and not an eSports focused title. As a main title and not an eSports focused title, there is no logical need for forced cloud saves and constant connection to PD's server farm.

Online requirement for saving and accessing otherwise SP content alas "GT League" is a turn off for me. The only time I should have a need for internet connectivity is if I am playing multiplayer or downloading updates. This is how it was in the PS3 era (GT5, 6) and there isn't a need to change it to GTS's system if the next game isn't eSports focused.

Last edited:
What I would like to see in GT7:

- GT Auto and Tuning Shop

- Used Car Dealership

- Acquiring a paint chip from any car you purchased.

- Coffee Breaks and Special Events

Bonus:
A setting where you can switch the style of the main menus. For example, GT1 or GT2 menus.
GTS onwards the paint system is just like regular racing game where now you can select all colour...so paint chip is no longer needed I think; paint chip is just for those who want a car color to be exact same as that paint chip, but GTS gave you choices now.

Or maybe just add "Color Picker" to pick exact same color as that car you wanted.

I'm curious to know where you're getting these statistics from?

Besides, this topic is about if GT7 is a main entry into the series and not an eSports focused title. As a main title and not an eSports focused title, there is no logical need for forced cloud saves and constant connection to PD's server farm.

Online requirement for saving and accessing otherwise SP content alas "GT League" is a turn off for me. The only time I should have a need for internet connectivity is if I am playing multiplayer or downloading updates. This is how it was in the PS3 era (GT5, 6) and there isn't a need to change it to GTS's system if the next game isn't eSports focused.
i didn't quote any statistics, so I didn't get them from anywhere. I think if like you say GT7 is more of a full title and PD intends to 'split' the franchise a la Forza then you might get what you're after. That said I think its still reasonable to expect a sizable amount of the development to go towards multiplayer, esports or otherwise, as well as a DLC/content update model similar to Sport, in which case you will most definitely be cloud saving. Not a reason id have not to buy a game, but you have your god given right to be annoyed by what annoys you.

• A track path editor that won’t vanish when the game goes offline
  • Two dozen other things already mentioned multiple times in this thread

This will all the likes.

GT is so far along with manufacturer relationships, I should be able to take my Audi TT to ABT for a custom body kit, wheels and whatever chip/exhaust/engine upgrades, for a specific trim level.

Same with Spoon, Powerhouse Amuse, maybe Year One.

And Direct Connection, Shelby, Rousch, Lingenfelder, Hurst, etc.

How about proper game play where the car missing the apex and sliding thru the corner then fishtailing on exit cant run just as fast as the car using proper smooth racing lines. It's great that PD helps players using DS4's compete with wheel users but there is so much "speed" built into the DS4 that you can get motion sickness by watching some replays because the car is moving around so much. It also makes all the work and effort PD puts into graphics look a little ridiculous when watching some of the replays. Sony makes all finalists compete on a wheel, what's wrong with expecting end users to buy a wheel for maximum performance in the game? You dont have to spend $1000 on a wheel, there are plenty out there for less than what the PS4 costs.

Last edited:
In order:
  1. Creating your own championships / races with the possiblity to make liveries for your AI-rival-cars. (Like custom championship in Asseto Corsa)
  2. Visual Damage, it does not have to be advanced (Like DTM / Toca Race Driver 3)
  3. Night/Day-cycle
  4. Rain
And I prefer more more tracks over more cars as long there are some different classes.

I would like to see:
- car degradation while race, make it look dirty, simulate some heath venting out the hood: currently tires usually are x10 but the rest is shinny new :)
- oil temperature/engine failure: currently there is way to much rewing, real world engines would not like it.

Latest Posts

Back