Your pick to win Lord Stanley's Cup?

• Thread starter '85fierogt
  • 176 comments
Yeah, don't expect too much NHL coverage on ESPN, they will no longer show any professional hockey games.

VIPFREAK
yeah.. :dopey: local news :rolleyes: we got pride...
Haha. Well, that's better than showing every single shot/icing call/penalty, every minute of every intermission show (complete with zamboni), the final score, and the date/time/location of every team's next 35 games.

Canada, Eh?

VIPFREAK
:grumpy: That would kick ass! Give me your damn place and you can live here if your not going to enjoy it...
Ha, it doesn't kick ass. Not for pre-season anyway. I'll definitely enjoy it when the regular season comes around.

VIPFREAK
:grumpy: That would kick ass! Give me your damn place and you can live here if your not going to enjoy it...

I sure enjoyed it, i watched it twice!
Its only cause its been so long... Almost brought a tear to my eye.

Saleen Man
Haha. Well, that's better than showing every single shot/icing call/penalty, every minute of every intermission show (complete with zamboni), the final score, and the date/time/location of every team's next 35 games.

Canada, Eh?

I bet you miss the jets... what happened to that rink they were building in the old bay building or whatever? I haven't heard about it for a while. The only thing I remember from that area was all the skywalks. I really need to go back to Winnipeg.

StevieMo
I bet you miss the jets... what happened to that rink they were building in the old bay building or whatever? I haven't heard about it for a while. The only thing I remember from that area was all the skywalks. I really need to go back to Winnipeg.
I sure do miss them. :(

I'm not sure if it's in the old Bay building, but we've had our new arena for around a year now. The MTS Centre. Lame indeed. I've heard it's nice, but I haven't seen it, there's really no reason for me to go there. :indiff:

thought I would just post this for you gentlemen!

Attachments

8.6 KB · Views: 84
    8.7 KB · Views: 84
    8.2 KB · Views: 86
I just got back from the Panthers game, and I am totally impressed. The Panthers will win The Cup if nobody can score on Luongo. :lol: I don't think he's let a goal by since the lockout ended. The last two games I went to have been shutouts, anyway.

Panthers offense needs some work (passing game needs to step up, etc.), but they're a pretty good team.

I just witnessed the first shootout in NHL history on tv, too bad the Maple Leafs lost it. :(

On a good note though, Eric Lindros is playing better than I've seen him play in years. I figured he'd be washed up by now after all these concussions, but if he can stay healthy, I think he could go back to his old form.

Mats Sundin got nailed in the eye with a puck too. Scary, if he had been in the game it could have been a completely different outcome.

I was watching some of the Pittsburgh/NJ game too, Crosby almost pulled a Lemieux by scoring in his first game, on his first shift, on his first shot...too bad Brodeur shut him down. The pens got killed, by the way.

Max Powers
I was watching some of the Pittsburgh/NJ game too, Crosby almost pulled a Lemieux by scoring in his first game, on his first shift, on his first shot...too bad Brodeur shut him down. The pens got killed, by the way.
Speaking of Crosby, on the highlights here, there was a "Postgame Report" after every Canadian team's game. After the Pittsburgh highlights, there was a "Sidney Crosby Report". How stupid. I think Lemieux is going to get sick of answering post game questions that are only about Crosby. He's way more important than the team, at least to the media folk. Brodeur and Luongo rock.

Don't tell me you get sick of hearing about Crosby, here in Pittsburgh it's all anybody talks about anymore. The Pens look really good on offense this year, their defense just has a lot to be desired. Their top 2 defensemen, Gonchar and Tarnstrum are both offensive-defensemen, they need some defensive-defensemen.

Mats Sundin is out 4-6 weeks from the puck hitting him in the eye, ouch. :(

Well lets start... My pick is hard to choose...

Montreal Canadiens: Yes oh yes, you thought they were out and gone... Well this year they got a great team and a great play. As always Koivu and Zednik are something for the Canadiens but I see very big potential into Francis Bouillon, one of the defenders that is quick and play with the puck easily. I miss Patrick Brisebois that didnt been signed this year. Most people says that Brisebois was slow, but he had alot of experience, was that big so he could intimidate anyone and able to crush. As I see everybody here in Montreal had so big thoughts about Theodore, but they thought too fast because he's starting to get already down. Tonight (Rangers VS Canadiens) he's been replaced by Yan Danis because he let 3 goals passed in the first period (2 from Jagr and another from Rutchinski). I think the Canadiens has a really big chance to make the series this year, would they get to the finals ??? Only time will tell...

Ottawa Senators: Well, another great Canada's big team. They remained undefeated 'till last week against a weak team, Carolina. I couldnt believe it but what can you do... Some great players like Spezza which is really fast and make some great goals. Hossa still a good player, not much comment about him. Hasek is starting to get old, Ottawa need a freshly goalie than Hasek. His potential starts to go low, we need changes for next year. Emry is not so bad, but as you know he's a rookie goalie, he got alot to learn. I expect Ottawa to make the series easily.

Toronto Maple Leafs: Well, never thought alot of Canadian teams would have potential but this year, Toronto is on fire. They got great players and they got BELFOUR !!! He's old but he stands pretty greatly his age and still got it. I dont know the players so much, but as I see the results, I expect them to make the series.

Philadelphie Flyers: Well, Forsberg ? Brashear ? Good old Forsberg still got it, make some great goals as always and still up at his age. Big boy Brashear still fight alot, he's not that good player but he can punch. This team gives a pretty well performance, hope they make the series.

New-York Rangers: Oh myyyyy... Agressive fast play. Just saw the match between them and the Canadiens, they win 5 - 2. What a fast play. Jagr still a GREAT player and I wont be suprised to see him win a player trophy. Rutchinsky is a good player, we saw tonight that we regrets (here in Montreal) that we didnt keep him in the past. The team got a great chance to make the series.

My choice trophy goes to Montreal Canadiens and Ottawa Senators.

More then likely the Red Wings, they seem to be doing good this year. But I've really lost a lot of intrest in hockey since they had to be bastards and take a year off.

I hate the Rangers, but damn they were tight as a team already. Esp with so many of the Euro players together on one team, really helped out the communication aspect of their game. Very entertaining team to watch this year !

TwinTurboJay
I hate the Rangers, but damn they were tight as a team already. Esp with so many of the Euro players together on one team, really helped out the communication aspect of their game. Very entertaining team to watch this year !

I must agree.. Really coordinate and fast team !

Montreal been busted wide open 2 times in a row against them... 5 - 2 and 4 - 1... lol

Theodore needs to stop party and start to be focused on the next games... He's a little messed up right now... And Yan Danis doesnt make a quite better job... So everything is on the defenders shoulders... Oh man...

It's looking as though Ottawa should walk into the semis if they keep doing what they're doing... That team's looking stacked!!! Though 90% of Ontario will still be cheering for the Leafs... Hey, you never know... maybe year 53 er 54 er 55 er what ever is gonna be the Leafs year. A team who's spelling is even worse then their play... And that's bad.

im from ontario and im a montreal fan:). keep an eye on the habs after christmas u guys should have a big surprise :). Ryder, Zednik, Koivu, Begin, Ribeiro, Bonk (out with groin), kovalev, sundstrom, higgins, rivet, perezhogin and Souray. and all young guys going to jell together. watch out for them. its a rebuilding team.

DLRgian
im from ontario and im a montreal fan:). keep an eye on the habs after christmas u guys should have a big surprise :). Ryder, Zednik, Koivu, Begin, Ribeiro, Bonk (out with groin), kovalev, sundstrom, higgins, rivet, perezhogin and Souray. and all young guys going to jell together. watch out for them. its a rebuilding team.

Well I keep an eye on Montreal fo sure, but I definitly bet that Ottawa will go to the finals... :)

Zednik and Koivu at the same time just make sparks on the ice because these 2 are on fire... Ribeiro is good too, great plays. The habs are on fire this year... :drool:

God damn, Hockey Kicks Supreme ASS! There were a few Sharks games that were damn good but that didn't last long. :(

Ha ha... I knew it. St. Louis sucks ass hard now. Rightfully so since they traded/got rid of all the decent players. Pretty much same for the Av's, WTF... were they thinking getting rid of Forsberg? Oh well, never liked either of them.

I'm very impressed/scared by the Canadians and the Rangers.

Should be an interesting season... it's still real early. :D
tupanirev1wl.gif

Back