Zeta News 2.0: New VF Commodore and Chevrolet SS

  • Thread starter Thread starter YSSMAN
  • 2,379 comments
  • 200,927 views
Man, I HOPE TO GOD I fit in the G8. I wonder if my grandpa would want one to replace his SRT-6.

Also, is the G8 engine a dry sump? If so, that would own.
 
...you want this.
dsc00910sa5.jpg

Yes please. But, we've got to get around to getting the G8 GTP (Clubsport R8) and the G8 GXP (GTS? With the LS7) first...

===

Omnis
Man, I HOPE TO GOD I fit in the G8. I wonder if my grandpa would want one to replace his SRT-6.

Also, is the G8 engine a dry sump? If so, that would own.

There shouldn't be any reason why you wouldn't be able to fit, its a full-size car through and through. I believe that it isn't much smaller than the CTS or the 5-series, and for $30K with the V8, its a screaming good deal as well.

And the dry-sump V8? That will only happen when it gets the LS7, otherwise, its the same V8 found in the GMT900 trucks, tuned up a bit, good for 362 BHP. Oh, and it should have fuel-cutoff and the ability to run on E85 as well...
 
Is that wagon from the January issue of MOTOR which should come out next week? I can't seem to find it in any of the issues I have laying around here...
 
Lutz is still being stupid. Great to know.


Yep. We're about to have a big case of the "Coulda-Shouldas" in GMs offices.
 
Is that wagon from the January issue of MOTOR which should come out next week? I can't seem to find it in any of the issues I have laying around here...

Yeah, it's the one I got yesterday. Maybe I'm special?
 
If they put an ls7 in this as a GxP model, nobody would buy a vette.
 
If they put an ls7 in this as a GxP model, nobody would buy a vette.

True, but they could "detune" it.
 
Yeah, it's the one I got yesterday. Maybe I'm special?

Apparently I did have it, must've been in the letter box all day.

The Torana renders look awesome too. 👍
 
Now. This is what we have been waiting for.

HSV 427 GTS *Cough* LS7 *Cough*

It's made by CSV, a tuning company with a big reputation, but they're more than the usual 'stick a supercharger and phat exhaust on' company and now it wouldn't surprise me the least if HSV comes out with an official one at the Melbourne International Motorshow.

Numbers?

Power: 400kw / 537hp
Torque: 660nm / 487 ft-lbs
0-100km(62mph): 4.5 sec (With traction issues they're trying to sort)
Cost: 35,000AUD on top of GTS.
Top Speed: 290km/h, 180mph

And rumour that the HSV version will have less weight and a different body kit.
 
I'm sure more than a few tuners will willingly swap LS7s into Zeta cars, if the General don't do it themselves.
 
The General will probably do it on the G8 GXP, unless of course they go with the LS9 from the ZR-1 (I doubt it). My estimation:

G8 GT: L76, 362 BHP
G8 GTP: LS3, 430 BHP
G8 GXP: LS7, 505 BHP
 
The General will probably do it on the G8 GXP, unless of course they go with the LS9 from the ZR-1 (I doubt it). My estimation:

G8 GT: L76, 362 BHP
G8 GTP: LS3, 430 BHP
G8 GXP: LS7, 505 BHP

Wow. I would bet that GXP version will be able to give quite a few of those well-established bigger cars a good run for their money, at least performance wise. Not to mention it will probably be less than half of the price.
 
Just noticed something... The standard V6 version of the G8 with zero options will probably be under 29k and would be fine with me as long as I get to turn it into a sleeping Killer with factory warranty and support option parts from GM!! Mwahwhahwhwhwhahahahahhahahaha!!! :D :sly::trouble:👍👍:drool::) Hey.. we could create the "Real American Touring Car".... hmmmm... *very evil laugh* Randy
 
CAMARO PROTOTYPES ROLL!​

Edmunds Inside Line
Finally, after endless hype surrounding the 2009 Chevrolet Camaro, we finally have some good spy photos of a couple test mules. This group of Camaro prototypes was spotted just outside Melbourne, Australia. They were accompanied by a couple Mustangs as well, so GM obviously knows what market niche it needs to hit. The 2009 Chevrolet Camaro will go on sale in early 2009 followed by a Camaro Convertible in later 2009.

enclosure..eea12fe


enclosure..eea1301


enclosure..eea1304


'Nuff Said!
 
Glad to see these on the road! they are looking pretty good. Although I cna see a few complaints coming about the lack of side window space:lol:.
 
Who does GM think they are trying to hide the Camaros...I mean its OBVIOUS that they are the new Camaros. duh GM
 
Who does GM think they are trying to hide the Camaros...I mean its OBVIOUS that they are the new Camaros. duh GM

Maybe they don't want us to see what the car will really look like? I don't recall us actually seeing the production version in full metal....
 
On the other hand, from what I CAN see, the car keeps much of the concept's lines, though it's not quite as low and flattened. The overall profile now reminds me of the Challenger.
 
Who does GM think they are trying to hide the Camaros...I mean its OBVIOUS that they are the new Camaros. duh GM

Philly is right, we have only seen a concept version. YSS thinks we will be seeing the real thing in Detroit in January.
 
More than likely will show up in Detroit, given that early-build models will start rolling out of Ontario in late 2008. Retail versions will probably hit the streets in March, shortly after full-production begins, and my guess is that most folks who've had their names on lists will get them by mid-summer 2009 at the latest.
 
More than likely will show up in Detroit, given that early-build models will start rolling out of Ontario in late 2008. Retail versions will probably hit the streets in March, shortly after full-production begins, and my guess is that most folks who've had their names on lists will get them by mid-summer 2009 at the latest.

Now I really have to get out to Detroit in January.

That sounds like a good time frame. There must be a lot of people on the list to buy one. I would imagine that they will sell quite a few cars once the car debuts in Detroit and I would imagine Chicago might be another good seller for them.
 
Ya both of you get your asses over here for the auto show, I got two or three times when it's here. Maybe we can meet up or something and make fun of the Prius :lol:.
 
Ya both of you get your asses over here for the auto show, I got two or three times when it's here. Maybe we can meet up or something and make fun of the Prius :lol:.

I'm working on it. I'll probably be Priused-out by the time I get there having just spent a month in Seattle where we have gone so far as to have these:

DSC01395.JPG


I almost cried the first time I saw one when I went home for Fall Break or something.
 
Maybe I'll have to take a couple of hours out and head out to Lang Lang (The GM/Holden Proving Ground) and see if I can catch one of these around the area.
 
Ya both of you get your asses over here for the auto show, I got two or three times when it's here. Maybe we can meet up or something and make fun of the Prius :lol:.

I normally go to Chicago (McCormic center is soooooooooo much nicer), but I'd consider it. Plus, you get a bunch of domestic debuts in Chicago every year too. The big one last year was the G8 and the Astra, the Taurus debuts as well.
 
Maybe I'll have to take a couple of hours out and head out to Lang Lang (The GM/Holden Proving Ground) and see if I can catch one of these around the area.

That would be awesome:tup:. Then maybe you could tell us a little about performance and how it sounds. Great fun for you, maybe a little information foe us!👍

I normally go to Chicago (McCormic center is soooooooooo much nicer), but I'd consider it. Plus, you get a bunch of domestic debuts in Chicago every year too. The big one last year was the G8 and the Astra, the Taurus debuts as well.

I'll probably end up going to Chicago no matter if I do get out to Detroit or not just because it's easy to take the train there. Plus, the Challenger will be getting it's wraps pulled off.
 
ONE MORE CAMARO SHOT:

attachment.php


Yeah, doesn't look like much has changed at all...
 
Dude I cannot wait for the unveiling of this car. I need to go to the NYIAS this year.
 
I thought it was being unveiled in Detroit?
 
Back