Zeta News 2.0: New VF Commodore and Chevrolet SS

  • Thread starter Thread starter YSSMAN
  • 2,379 comments
  • 200,927 views
Yes, but I'd imagine that it'd be at all the major autoshows.
 
I thought it was being unveiled in Detroit?

It should be, about three weeks from now. If not, probably in Chicago, about three weeks after that.
 
Well I'll be in Detroit for sure and I will be taking lots of pictures this year. I would love to score media week passes somehow. I might have to make some phone calls to my clients and see what they can do.
 
I notice the absence of the little vents in front of the rear wheels, less texturing on the doors, no side badging, maybe a less squinty grille opening and an overall taller and less hunkered down body. It doesn't look quite as radical as the concept, but I'm sure it will be stunning in the metal.

It looks like those hood vents will probably stay on the real car too:tup:.

And I will be trying to find a way out to Detroit to go and see NAIAS. And I'm seriously considering hopping on the train to go and see Chicago in addition / instead of.
 
Actually I think the vents are there but they aren't at all functional, I think I can kinda see where the light bounces off of them and you can slightly see ridges where the fake vents are.
 
I'm not really seeing them. Unless GM filled them in, I would expect them to be fairly obvious.
 
watqi2.jpg
 
Yay! '67-69 fake vents!
 
Well they obviously couldn't go too radical, but I'm glad to see that they're still there. The wheel arches look a lot less pronounced than they did before, and there certainly isn't as "tight" of a crease in the side profile either... But like others have said, production does not always guarantee the best for style.

I wish we could see more of the front and rear, I'd love to know how close it is to the concept version. IMO, they're two of the strongest points of the car that make it instantly a Camaro. Furthermore, I'd love to see it with stripes... Either classic SS or in the Bumble-Bee (not the Transformer) fashion.

===

Thought:

Who are they really kidding with this cammo though? They may as well drive it around unmasked, there isn't much hiding that this is, beyond a shadow of a doubt, the new Camaro.
 
I guess the thing is that they dont' want to reveal every single detail of the new car before release
 
Thought:

Who are they really kidding with this cammo though? They may as well drive it around unmasked, there isn't much hiding that this is, beyond a shadow of a doubt, the new Camaro.

It worked for Nissan...
 
There are now colour choices for the Camaro.

Autoblog
In what color would you like your 2009 Chevy Camaro?
colour.jpg

Thanks to an eagle-eyed painter at an unspecified dealership in these great United States, we now have a list of colors in which you can order a 2009 Chevy Camaro when the time comes. Keep in mind that production colors for the Camaro have not been officially announced by Chevy, so while these appear to be from an OK source that has no reason to lie to us, you never know. Plus, while the eight colors above and the two below for which we couldn't find samples may be offered, there could be more than what we're seeing here, as well. Conspicuously absent from this list are any shades of green or white, for instance. That said, we have ten colors here, and the 2008 Ford Mustang is only offered in 10 colors (warning: PDF link), as well. Ford does offer the Mustang in Performance White, however, but the only green Mustang you can get is the Bullitt.

No samples (could be new colors for 2009)

* Switchblade Silver Metallic
* Aqua Blue Metallic

Original Link:http://www.autoblog.com/2007/12/28/in-what-color-would-you-like-your-2009-chevy-camaro/

I'm a bit on the colour blind side so I can't really make some of those colours out...I'd guess I'd have mine in Mocha Bronze Metallic since it sounds like my kind of colour.
 
No Hugger Orange?
 
I believe the one my Dad has on order is Imperial Blue Metalic to match his yet-to-be-painted '68 Camaro.

I personally am an fan of white Camaros, but it appears as though that color is unavailable...
 
Impy blue for me, too. a shame, though, that the Black's not Tuxedo Black.
 
Bumblebee yellow with all Chevy bowties replaced with Autobot logos for me plz.
 
Bumblebee yellow with all Chevy bowties replaced with Autobot logos for me plz.

I've got a feeling that a ton of those will be driving around when this comes out.
 
I'm also positive that someone will make a Trans-Am conversion kit... Hell, I'd even bet that there will be a KITT kit for that as well...
 
I'm also positive that someone will make a Trans-Am conversion kit...
I wouldn't be too surprised if Pontiac themselves made a Trans Am conversion kit.
 
Meh, probably not.

...We're still slated to get the Monaro, I mean, GTO...

Although, maybe they'll get smart and just call it the "G8 Coupe" similar to how the Ute became the G8 ST and the Sportwagon will likely become the G8X.
 
Meh, probably not.

...We're still slated to get the Monaro, I mean, GTO...
Based on Lutz' decisions, the buyers of the GTO and the buyers of the Camaro will not be the same. Based on that, it shouldn't make any difference whether or not Pontiac anything related to the Firebird for the Camaro.
 
The first in-depth look of the G8 is up by American reviewers!

001.jpg


G8Board.com
Up until now, the reviews of the new Pontiac G8 have been primarily imported, just as the car is. There have not been many cars outside the few show cars and the relatively small test fleet. There have been some changes and delays with the G8 and I was able to clear up many questions and concerns. To first set the mood, let me remind you that it has been around 30 degrees in the region and there has been snow on the ground for almost a month. The week before Christmas 2007, Chris White and I were able to get some hands on experience with both models of the new G8. You will notice most of the pictures were of the G8 Sedan. The G8 GT was not 100% production correct and we did not want to add any confusion.

CLICK HERE FOR THE REST

The first models should be showing up here in the next two weeks I believe. The first press models have already made their rounds and I would guess that the next issue of Car and Driver, Motor Trend, Road and Track and Automobile will all have G8 GT to run. Of course, they may delay that until the March issue, but I doubt it...

Looking forward to seeing my first at Todd Wenzel soon!
 
It looks far better in that photo than it did in any of the press photos.
 
I was thinking the same. That, I believe, is without the "sport" package, so it doesn't have the S/S-style wheels. I think I actually prefer those split-spokes better.
 
Can't wait to give one of these things a go. Hopefully a 6spd does come later on.
 
Its "iffy" to say the least. With the new 35 MPG regulations due to kick-in in 2011, we may get lucky and have a few years with it. Otherwise, I think most people will be happy with the rather excellent 6L80E automatic. If its good enough for the Corvette, its good enough for the G8...
 
I thought that split gap on the bottom was gone, but it just got lost in the shadows. That and the color-matched mirrors make it look better.
 
No 6 speed manual? Oh sad. :lol:
 
From what I hear the manual is pretty crap anyway. And magazines always skip over the best part of the car, which is the hella cool handbrake.
 
Back