Zeta News 2.0: New VF Commodore and Chevrolet SS

  • Thread starter Thread starter YSSMAN
  • 2,379 comments
  • 200,952 views
Figures as much...

Either way, it just has to get here by March 2009. The first ones roll off the line in Canada in December 2008 (for GM execs, tests, and other crap), and as long as Dad gets his by mid-summer, I'll be happy.
 
VE was released in 2006 and was called a 2007 model.
 
Ya most cars are like that, the model year change over is in July.
 
And the gas filler on the passenger side would drive me nuts since I'm so used to it being on the driver side...which if you think about it makes sense.

In Australia it is either side, Holden Commodore has it on the drivers side, Ford Falcon has it on the passengers, it helps when you have a lot of cars going to the service stations (gas stations), they don't all have to queue for the same pumps.
 
True, but then you get knobs filling petrol at the wrong pump, hoses stretched across their car. People like that cause excess time delays.
Has anyone heard yet if the Coupe 60 is headed for production?
 
Last I had heard, Holden wants to do it, but they will only get approval if there is a larger volume made available. It seems like a no-brainier with the positive press it got, and without question, there would be a market for it.

They'd likely sell just fine as Lumina SS Coupes, G8 Coupes, and Monaros.
 
YESSSSSS!

2009-Pontiac-G8-GXP.jpg


Jalopnik
Wow, how prescient were we to know to repeat the prescience of High Performance Pontiac magazine? Hmm, probably about as prescient as they were to have posted on the new 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP to begin with. But we digress as we're now officially able to tell you all the details on "the flagship" of Pontiac's GXP performance series, the G8 GXP. So what makes this four-door the tip-top of the Pontiac pinnacle of performance? How about the 6.2-liter LS3 engine from the 2008 Corvette? No, that doesn't do it for you? How about a manual transmission? Yeah, we thought so.

FULL DEETS HERE
 
That is a car I would love to own. I'm wondering where it will be priced.
 
What I don't get is why they have to call it a G8 GXP. Can't they just adapt the GXP line into the G line to make G6XP, G8XP, etc.?
 
Says you.
Marvellous though, this means HSV will get the LS3 to hurt FPV with before the year is out.
 
Says you.
Marvellous though, this means HSV will get the LS3 to hurt FPV with before the year is out.
Why the hell do you always have to comment with, "Says you"? I know that. It's MY opinion.
 
And you state it like fact. If it's your opinion make that obvious.
 
Well it wasn't, you just said it had a boring rear end- like it's a fact and everyon should accept that.
 
I just said the rear was boring compared to the front. Where on earth did I push it like it was fact?
Or are you just one of those folks who can't take folks disliking his manufacturer's products?

I already said I liked the car, anyways.
 
hahaha this convo will continue into the ages
 
It's just the way it comes off, if I said Toyotas are crap right here, does it sound like it's my opinion or I state it like fact- "Toyotas are Crap". You don't have to like my manufacturer, I don't like some of them. You can bag out Daewoo products all you like ;) Although the Holden Epica is OK. (mid-sized Camry fighter)
 
If you said, "Toyotas are crap", it should be obvious it's opinion.

So, you really need to read this because my post is exactly what the definition states an opinion is.
An opinion is a person's ideas and thoughts towards something. It is an assessment, judgment or evaluation of something.
 
wow theres a few fokes sitting back watching this unfold
 
If you said, "Toyotas are crap", it should be obvious it's opinion.

So, you really need to read this because my post is exactly what the definition states an opinion is.

Then there is no difference between a report and an opinion. Anyways, no hard feelings mate, I'll accept you have your opinion and next time I do this remind me it's an opinion, not something everyone has to believe.
 
Saying something so objective like about the styling of the rear end, sounds like nothing but opinion to me, how can that be fact?

and "Toyotas are crap" is also very objective, so sounds like opinion to me.
 
-> Hmm,

2009-Pontiac-G8-GXP.jpg


^ The GXP package on the G8 looks conservative compared on what they had done to the Solstice, but otherwise, not bad! So far this is the other GM RWD (aside from the Vette ZO6 & ZR1) that I would like to have (Sportswagon would be better though). :)
 
Although the Holden Epica is OK. (mid-sized Camry fighter)
^ Epica!? Thats a Daewoo, Daewoo Tosca to be exact:

791099.jpg


587145.jpg


^ You can't be serious! Theres no way that I'll get any Daewoo made cars (Aveo, Reno/Optra SRV, Forenza/Optra, Vue/Antara, Captiva, Epica), you can keep them all! :indiff:
 
25hp short of an SRT-8. That gives me a little hope. Not much, but a little.
 
One problem Jim:

The 362-BHP "standard" G8 GT is actually just as fast as the 425-BHP Charger SRT-8. My guess is that with the extra 40 BHP, the Pontiac will blow the Mopar into the weeds...
 
Yeah...which is why I really didnt' feel all that good about it in the first place...

Get your act together, Chrysler!
 
One problem Jim:

The 362-BHP "standard" G8 GT is actually just as fast as the 425-BHP Charger SRT-8. My guess is that with the extra 40 BHP, the Pontiac will blow the Mopar into the weeds...

And look 150% more sexy while doing it. :D

Seriously, this thing is just awsome pure and simple. This is now my favorite GM product over everything else minus the Camaro.
 
^ Epica!? Thats a Daewoo, Daewoo Tosca to be exact:


^ You can't be serious! Theres no way that I'll get any Daewoo made cars (Aveo, Reno/Optra SRV, Forenza/Optra, Vue/Antara, Captiva, Epica), you can keep them all! :indiff:

I know it' a Daewoo, the only one I'd consider if was in that market. It looks much better than the Camry and would be a smoother ride thanks to the smooth engine and soft suspension. Plus it's more fuel economic than Camry. The only complaint I've heard about it so far is the lack of torque.

Epica_CDXi.jpg
 
Back