Zeta News 2.0: New VF Commodore and Chevrolet SS

  • Thread starter Thread starter YSSMAN
  • 2,379 comments
  • 200,972 views
I'm not sure about the amber turn signals but they aren't that bad... Same goes for the headlights but again they aren't that bad.
 
1. The Amber turn indicators are required for Europe.
2. My god the Camaro looks sexy in black. :drool:
 
JCE
1. The Amber turn indicators are required for Europe.
2. My god the Camaro looks sexy in black. :drool:

Haha I reversed that in my head. I thought America required them... Why I do not know.
 
The mufflers look cool. 3300lbs for a V6 model would be pretty cool I guess, lighter would be even cooler.

Haha just wondering how do cube shaped mufflers look cool? :sick:

JCE
1. The Amber turn indicators are required for Europe.
2. My god the Camaro looks sexy in black. :drool:

True they're required for Europe, but I still think they look pretty ugly.
 
Not just amber turn signals but a rear fog light also. Or are both the white and red "foglights"?
 
I believe the single red light is the fog light, though this Camaro doesn't have one.
 
I believe the single red light is the fog light, though this Camaro doesn't have one.

Which is why I think the red foglight thing is strickly for the UK?
 
I believe it is only required over there, and since it isn't on the Camaro, but it has amber turn signals and a Canada plate (or is there a Victoria plate over in Europe? :dunce:), I wonder if they are going to have them on the final product here?
 
I believe it is only required over there, and since it isn't on the Camaro, but it has amber turn signals and a Canada plate (or is there a Victoria plate over in Europe? :dunce:), I wonder if they are going to have them on the final product here?

My guess is no. I would like them if the amber and red were switched. You got to remember Camaro's used to have lights like that. Observe mine:



But I don't think they will do that with the new one.
 
I believe it is only required over there, and since it isn't on the Camaro, but it has amber turn signals and a Canada plate (or is there a Victoria plate over in Europe? :dunce:), I wonder if they are going to have them on the final product here?

That's actually an Australian plate.
 
True yours had it, but it was integrated nicely into the light cluster, which was pretty standard during the 80's. But the way it is on the one above, not only are they as big as the brake lights (thus standing out more) but the original didn't have them (which is what the car is mainly modeled after).

Course in the end it may just be like that so they can test it in places where amber turn signals are required.

That's actually an Australian plate.

Ahhhh gotcha, I don't know why I forgot about Austrailia. Do they require the amber signals?
 
Same goes for the headlights but again they aren't that bad.

Those aren't the production headlights. They are something that the engineers quickly slapped together for each of the prototypes, essentially made out of parts/plastic from a NAPA shelf.

The "real" headlights will look much like the concept's:

19-chevrolet-camaro-concept.jpg


Just don't expect them to be too "fancy"
 
Those aren't the production headlights. They are something that the engineers quickly slapped together for each of the prototypes, essentially made out of parts/plastic from a NAPA shelf.

The "real" headlights will look much like the concept's:

19-chevrolet-camaro-concept.jpg


Just don't expect them to be too "fancy"

Oh anything's better than those uninspired dots for headlights. :crazy:
 
1969-chevrolet-camaro-copo-zl-1.jpg


Nothing beats the origional, however, I'm impartial to the vacuum-covered headlights found on the SS models...

Chevrolet_Camaro.jpg


Actually, no, I'm not. I like it "natural." But if they brought back covered lights, the epicness would be unrivaled in the industry...
 
As long as it's a '69 and either a Z/28 or an SS I'm fine with it. :D
 
I don't know why they can't pull an Audi and cleverly incorporate an amber signal surrounding the outside tails.
 
It may be kinda difficult with the shape of them overall, however, should they ever go back to the look in which there are "strips" of light on both sides, it could easily be done.

Oh, and the SS is actually on the Nurburgring now...

medium_2398867462_a4280f6144_o.jpg


medium_2398037889_798c2667d3_o.jpg


medium_2398867188_aaf24816e1_o.jpg


medium_2398867072_e25d66e43b_o.jpg


medium_2398866926_b9b6c6030a_o.jpg


Jalopnik
The Camaro has finally begun to take its first hot laps at the 'Ring. Here are photos of its inaugural lap. Our shooters say that first impressions are that looks impressive in action, and that its suspension looks well buttoned down on some of the 'Ring's challenging stretches.
 
^ My question is, are those the final healight designs? It looks pretty molded in. :yuck:

-> Those rear ambers... :boggled:

-> And those reverse lights are trying to hide or what? :confused:
 
^ My question is, are those the final healight designs? It looks pretty molded in. :yuck:


No.

I'm gonna make next this part large and bold, because on any forum I go to I always see people asking.

Look for a closeup, you'll see the final "outline" for the large round headlamps to go in. The current ones are what you find at a parts store. Just bulbs.
 
^ Ok, ok, ok! You don't have to yell at me for that! Sheesh! :indiff:
 
-> And those reverse lights are trying to hide or what? :confused:

Your guess is as good as mine, I'd have figured they'd stick 'em by the license plate like they usually do, but I'm not sure... I'm still surprised they haven't fitted a small spoiler to the back yet either. Especially on the 'Ring-tested Z/28 or SS models...
 
That third shot is a great shot of a side view of it. It looks great simply said.
 
I just can't believe the Camaro's back, and it looks just brilliant. Everytime I see a pic I lose saliva. :drool:
 
The back does look sweet....minus the super-sized mufflers of course.
 
I like front, but the back has lost its charm on me.
 
I'd still like to see one done-up properly with the chrome trim and stripes and such. Furthermore, I do wonder if they're debating at all what color (and for that matter, size) the badges will be on the Camaro. Hell, if they're bring back the "vintage" stuff at all...

I'm all about the details, and with everything on the macro level looking absolutely spectacular, I hope GM gets some of the little stuff right.
 
JCE
I just can't believe the Camaro's back, and it looks just brilliant. Everytime I see a pic I lose saliva. :drool:

*yaaaawwwn* Wake me up when something like the real thing happens. All of these prototypes would be like somebody writing an article about every time they saw a Veyron (Nothing against you, Doug, but if Veyron sightings were plastered all over Autoblog, it would get old.)

I'd still like to see one done-up properly with the chrome trim and stripes and such. Furthermore, I do wonder if they're debating at all what color (and for that matter, size) the badges will be on the Camaro. Hell, if they're bring back the "vintage" stuff at all...

I'm all about the details, and with everything on the macro level looking absolutely spectacular, I hope GM gets some of the little stuff right.

Can I put my money in for them attempting to do retro but failing miserably?
 
I spy with my little eye someone that looks like a certain Top Gear driver. ;)
 
I hope you aren't thinking of the Stig just because of the large white helmet....
 
Back