Zeta News 2.0: New VF Commodore and Chevrolet SS

  • Thread starter Thread starter YSSMAN
  • 2,379 comments
  • 200,963 views
Haha just wondering how do cube shaped mufflers look cool? :sick:

What cube shaped mufflers? I thought were talking about the exhaust tips:lol:

JCE
I just can't believe the Camaro's back, and it looks just brilliant. Everytime I see a pic I lose saliva. :drool:

Me too, I really want one. :drool:
 
When you buy one of those big huge things.

u5_01_thumb.jpg
 
That's more of a muffler that would be found in the middle of the system, not near the tip. This is what you're thinking of:
website%20GT%202.5%20muffler%20II.jpg
 
Yes it is, my head is killing me, I just got the flu, and expended my day's energy in about 30mins after I got up.
 
I demand to hear the Camaro with a set of Cherry Bombs on the back...
 
rrrRAAAAAAMMMmmblebelbumbelburblepop.

Something like that.
 
Yes it is, my head is killing me, I just got the flu, and expended my day's energy in about 30mins after I got up.
That sucks, I have a cold and don't feel like moving at all so I know how you feel...sorta :p


I demand to hear the Camaro with a set of Cherry Bombs on the back...
That would sound AWESOME!👍

rrrRAAAAAAMMMmmblebelbumbelburblepop.

Something like that.
Haha now if you could only translate that into a real exhaust sound!
 
The front of that thing looks awesome. Like the Challenger, it is simply cool. Aggressive, retro-ish but modern, and very, very cool. The profile also looks pretty decent.

But that rear is so empty, and those taillights are just bland. :yuck:
 
Nothing beats the origional, however, I'm impartial to the vacuum-covered headlights found on the SS RS models...

Fixed that for ya, you young whippersnapper. ;)

Actually, no, I'm not. I like it "natural." But if they brought back covered lights, the epicness would be unrivaled in the industry...

True, the RallyeSport look would be quite sexy, even if it wasn't my cup of tea on the '69. A modern interpretation could be more sexy than spreading Branston Pickle over Katie Melua's... uh... guitar.

The back does look sweet....minus the super-sized mufflers of course.

Oh, I dunno... "Camaro, the only new ponycar with BALLS!"
 
Course if they were balls, they would be straight-through since quiet mufflers on a muscle car is like getting neutered :lol:
 
Fixed that for ya, you young whippersnapper. ;)

Sadly my vintage Camaro expertise only comes from owning a standard '68 Coupe... That, and car shows in the summer.

*sigh*

Still wondering if a prototype will show up in GR this year or not... We had Bumblebee last year.
 
Still wondering if a prototype will show up in GR this year or not... We had Bumblebee last year.

If you see it in Detroit, my guess would be yes. If not, it would probably show up in Chicago, and I doubt they're about to make a huge debut in GR.
 
Berger is one of the last of the COPO dealers, and they've always got a HUGE Camaro show every summer. Also makes me wonder if the Camaro Rally in Hell, Michigan will get a spot too. Depends on what the folks at GM want to do, but like you noted, it would be far more likely for Woodward to have it than our 28th Street gig.
 
it looks heavy in the corners, and the sound is rather tame for sporty (ish) model. it still looks ok, not a fan of the turn signals though, especially the rear ones..
 
EPIC video, great sound. I hope like hell this car drives faster than it looks, because it looks great, so being faster than that would be fast.
 
The video has a bit of tire squeal.

Just a touch.
 
Wonder what that would sound like with a nice aftermarket exhaust.
 
Sounds like a big lumpy v8 to me. I was hoping it'd be a screamer.
 
I assume its the 6.2L LS3, pushing about 400 BHP. Given that they canceled the 4.8L V8 program at Cadillac, "screamers" are non-existent at GM.
 
:lol: Truer words have never been spoken....though words don't make my skin crawl! :p
 
www.autoblog.com
Originally Posted by AutoBlog
When Chevrolet officially announced the new Corvette ZR1 just before the Detroit Auto Show this year, it hadn't yet finished the certification of its new power-plant, the supercharged LS9. At that time, all the engineers would tell us was that the supercharged 6.2L V8 would produce a minimum of 100hp/L or 620 hp. Three months have passed since we got our first official look at the LS9 and the numbers are now in. According to GM, the LS9 has now been SAE Certified at 638 hp and 604 lb-ft of twist. The official EPA fuel economy testing hasn't been finished and for people who buy a ZR1 it probably won't matter anyway. Nonetheless, GM expects the LS9 to be the most fuel efficient 600+hp engine in the world, a dubious distinction if ever there was one. A special team of technicians will be hand-building and testing the LS9 at GM's Performance Build Center in Wixom, Mich. Check out the articles below for all the details on the ZR1 and LS9.

W00T, I knew it would make a huge number of torque :dopey: This car had better get 3.0sec 0-100km/hr times and a 350+km/hr top speed or else I'll think it's limited. And this engine has been nominated for engine of the year. It had better beat the GT-R's twin turbo V6, because of the engine packaging the LS9 has, I just love this car.:sly: Supercar crusher, those Nurburgring times were messed up, this will go much faster.
 
.. IF the driver is a pro and IF the car has ANY traction on less than perfect surface of Nurb..
 
It should, given the wider tyres, adjustable between softer and stiffer MRC, and who knows what else. It's also lighter and has bigger brakes than a 599 dreams of. It should be one of the fastest cars around the Burger in history.
 
Interesting Story:

First RWD Impala Spy Photos?


The gist of the story?

- Someone suggested to Lutz that "if Zeta and EPII are so flexible then why can't Impala be offered both as a FWD/AWD transverse engined vehicle AND a longitudinal engined RWD vehicle?"

- Then this thing shows up:

buickparkavenue1sq4.jpg


LLN
According to a check of the prototype's license plate information, the car is registered to Saab and was built by Holden. The car is also listed as having a 260 hp engine four-cylinder — the type GM officials have hinted might show up in the Pontiac G8 and other large cars

- Basically its a discussion of dynamics... The car isn't pushing around this corner like a FWD car (but its obviously a LaCrosse), and has all of the "lift" features of a RWD car. Note the tire going up, other photos, the springs raised on the front under acceleration.

Which leads them to this:

copyofbuickparkavenue4ea4.jpg


So, to quote the summary section:

MonaroSS
So if the Impala will be offered with both FWD/AWD and RWD, then the turbo 2.0 I4 makes sense as the first engine to test given CAFE and a manual box should be a given when you go to the trouble of changing the drive train for a sporting character - why be half hearted. But will there also be a V8? There would be no reason why not, except that GM may want to discourage this for CAFE reasons. I would expect a RWD DI 3.6 V6 as the top RWD engine for a while with perhaps a V8 in very limited numbers later on a range topping Chevy Impala Coupe.

......

Interesting, interesting. We'll see what comes of it?
 
Wasn't there shots like this about a year ago? Ah well, it's all very interesting anyway. I would like to know just how good this XWD is.
 
The rumor was that the two were going to fuse together, as I recall, to form a new crossover chassis. But with Theta going into everything now, I begin to doubt it. So, I dunno.

And as for X-Drive? Its shown that its pretty capable against BMW's iDrive, the AeroX running just a few tenths shy of the 335xi in one of those online video benchmark tests...
 
Back