In addition to the all-GT Academy team campaigning in the Dubai 24hrs this month, Signatech Nissan team boss Philippe Sinault has announced his intended driver line-up for the 2012 World Endurance Championship:
“We hope to keep our 2011 driver package of Lucas (Ordoñez), Franck Mailleux and Soheil Ayari (Jean-Karl Vernay is under contract to Peugeot) and we hope to be joined next year by another Playstation graduate (Jordan Tresson).”
Signatech intends to run two Nissan Oreca 03 chassis in the LMP2 class of the WEC rather than the one, albeit successful, car run last season in the WEC’s predecessor series, the Intercontinental Le Mans Cup. The provisional dates for the series itself have also been announced
- 17th March – 12 Hours of Sebring; Sebring International Raceway, Florida
- 5th May – 6 Heures de Spa-Francorchamps; Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Spa
- 16-17th June – 24 Heures du Mans; Circuit de la Sarthe, Le Mans
- 25th August – 6 Hours of Silverstone; Silverstone Circuit, Northamptonshire
- 15th September – 6 Hours of São Paulo; Autódromo José Carlos Pace, São Paulo
- 29th September – 6 Hours of Bahrain; Bahrain International Circuit, Sakhir
- 14th October – 6 Hours of Fuji; Fuji International Speedway, Oyama
- 11th or 18th November – 6 Hours of China; Venue to be confirmed
GTPlanet wishes Lucas, Jordan and the Signatech Nissan team all the best in 2012!
Thanks to Stu for the tip.