10/20/2007 Demo

• Thread starter M5_dude
  • 897 comments
I'm pretty familiar with the gt:hd menus so I i should be able to get by.

Im sure a week after its out someone will post an english translation for most of the menu options. Thats how i was able to get a Japanese account for psn.

Mx²;2794980
Problem will arise lol we can download the Japanese demo on our NA PS3's but how will we read the menus etc? :|

Play the guessing game... Just try everything, its just just one track and seven cars to choose from...cant be that difficult...

Mx²;2794980
Problem will arise lol we can download the Japanese demo on our NA PS3's but how will we read the menus etc? :|
Same way I played the Everybody's Golf 5, XI[sai] and the original Bladestorm demo. Trial and error and some common sense... heck even my five year old son has no trouble navigating the menus in Everybody's Golf 5. :)

Also, if you really can't figure it out, as there was with other Japanese demos, if you do some searching on the internet you'll likely find gameplay guides that translate the menus, settings, instructions, etc.

Im sure a week after its out someone will post an english translation for most of the menu options. Thats how i was able to get a Japanese account for psn.

You got a link for the Japanese translation for the Japan PSN account?
I have a Hong Kong account but never figured out the Japanese one.

You got a link for the Japanese translation for the Japan PSN account?
I have a Hong Kong account but never figured out the Japanese one.

Check the PS3 section with my user name in a search for it. You should find it, with no problems.

I'm pretty familiar with the gt:hd menus so I i should be able to get by.

If you have an English translation for making a Japanese account step by step PLEASE for my sake and a bunch other confused people, post a link to the site.

Please Post it PLEASE, it would make it so much easier to make a Japanese account. Also, what kind of email address do you submit when making an account. THANK YOU if you can help me. :) I want the demo so bad. I'm sure the Sony's servers will be absolutely swamped on release day!

Personally, I won't be creating a Japanese account just to get this even if it is GT5P Demo. I will wait, because I'm patient, for a PAL one and if we don't get a PAL one then I will have waited for a looong time.

Personally, I won't be creating a Japanese account just to get this even if it is GT5P Demo. I will wait, because I'm patient, for a PAL one and if we don't get a PAL one then I will have waited for a looong time.

To have no sex before marriage is also a nice thing to prevail at, as far as some religions are concerned.

You have my full support on this one, patience should be more appriciated among humans these days :D.

I've heard but never confirmed that the Japan & Hong Kong stores are the same thing except there is an English option for language in the HK store, anyone confirmed this?

I already have a HK account & won't need a Japan account if it's true.

To have no sex before marriage is also a nice thing to prevail at, as far as some religions are concerned.

You have my full support on this one, patience should be more appriciated among humans these days :D.

lol.gif

D Day minus 5
ceka.gif

I've heard but never confirmed that the Japan & Hong Kong stores are the same thing except there is an English option for language in the HK store, anyone confirmed this?

I already have a HK account & won't need a Japan account if it's true.

No, definitely not
HK store isn´t the same (it may be the same in former days, but today they offered different content)
BTW for those, that are preparing now a HK account! Imho it doesn´t matter if you have an HK account or not, all of the (whole) content is available on the others...

MGR
If you have an English translation for making a Japanese account step by step PLEASE for my sake and a bunch other confused people, post a link to the site.
Just google dude...

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=...to+make+a+japan+psn+account&btnG=Search&meta=
Not only that, but as mentioned even in this thread, there is a dedicated thread on GTP for all questions and answers about the PS Stores including step by step instructions on how to make a Japanese account, as well as links to other guides on how to do this including ones that even show you screen shots of the entire process, as well as English translation of the menus... searching is your friend not your foe. 👍

The Japanese and Hong Kong stores are VERY different, and although they share much of the same content... like all other PS stores, they also have a lot of different content as well.

BTW for those, that are preparing now a HK account! Imho it doesn´t matter if you have an HK account or not, all of the (whole) content is available on the others...
Wrong. The Hong Kong PS Store has and will likely continue to have some content that another PS Store does not.

If you want to know how content varies from one store to another, and don't want to bother checking them your self, I suggest reading through the Official Playstation Store Thread and/or searching the net for sites that offer detailed lists of all content on all PS Stores, and how they differ.

I don't mind waiting, just don't spoil it for me. I want it all too be a secret to me when I download it. :)

"I'll wait because i'm patient"

You say that like anyone who gets this demo is impatient

IMO your not patient, your just lazy.

Have fun waiting. I'll be busy getting a taste of what GT5 is going to be like in the comfort of my own living room.

are we sure that the europe and the us are not getting GT5 prologue, cuz i want to know for certain before i go and create a Japanese account:nervous:

are we sure that the europe and the us are not getting GT5 prologue
No, there has been no official word that there will not be an English language version of the demo for GT5:P... nor has there been any official word that there will be. I suspect there will be, but that's just personal specualtion.

, cuz i want to know for certain before i go and create a Japanese account:nervous:
It takes only a couple minutes to create a Japanese account, and it doesn't cost anything... and you can always delete the demo should an English version become available later on.

If you all remember GTHD was said to be a Japan only demo but a US version did release about the same time.

"I'll wait because i'm patient"

You say that like anyone who gets this demo is impatient

IMO your not patient, your just lazy.

Have fun waiting. I'll be busy getting a taste of what GT5 is going to be like in the comfort of my own living room.

Oi, as a new member I would watch your back after saying a post like that. The reason why I said because I'm patient is that I don't want to rush and create a Japanese account just to get one demo, I can't see the point. I don't care if you guys get a taste of what GT5 is going to be like before me, its not a race to see who play's it first, if I want to wait until I can play it in English you should respect that and move on. I like GT5 but I am not prepared to create a Japanese account for it.

Oh and congratulations your the first member that I've actually been tempted to press "ignore member" on.

Hey Speedster, I guess he didn't mena nothing wrong with that comment. Don't get it personal :).

The 20-10 demo maybe never come out of Japanese PSStore since it is a demo that corresponds with Tokyo Auto Show that starts this week also.

It is very easy to create a Japanese account and there is nothing illegal in it. Sony allows it since around-the-world users have acess to free content on various stores and it is a nice marketing tool for SCE worldwide.

If you choose to wait it is your call, but for a PS3 ownner and GT fan, downloading this demo should be a must - it is a first true glympse of GT5 in past 10 months after all.

The 20-10 demo maybe never come out of Japanese PSStore since it is a demo that corresponds with Tokyo Auto Show that starts this week also.

It is very easy to create a Japanese account and there is nothing illegal in it. Sony allows it since around-the-world users have acess to free content on various stores and it is a nice marketing tool for SCE worldwide.

If you choose to wait it is your call, but for a PS3 ownner and GT fan, downloading this demo should be a must - it is a first true glympse of GT5 in past 10 months after all.

You may have just changed my mind, one thing I do ask though is that once I have downloaded it can I get rid of the Japanese account or does it have to stay with me?

Also I think this is slighlty more informative than the link you gave,

http://ps3mods.blogspot.com/2007/06/create-japan-psn-account.html

once I have downloaded it can I get rid of the Japanese account or does it have to stay with me?
You can delete it any time you like.
That said, why would you want to remove it? I have yet to hit a limit to the number of user accounts on my PS3 and I think my family and I have over 12.

Well I've made a Japanese account now with the most strange name I could ever think off...I got lost browsing the store though :scared:

Back