10/20/2007 Demo

• Thread starter M5_dude
  • 897 comments
Well I've made a Japanese account now with the most strange name I could ever think off
I chose IDs that are associated with the region they are signed up for :)
  • Crocodile_Hunter (Australia)
  • AMDB5_64 (UK)
  • Hamlet (Denmark)
  • Blitz (Germany)
  • Texas_Basque (Spain)
  • Autodrome (United Arab Emirates)
  • Hard_Boiled_92 (Hong Kong)
  • Godzilla_Gojira (Japan)

...I got lost browsing the store though :scared:
L1 button will save you. It is the back button for the browser. Of course, when in doubt just click on the tab you were last looking in. 👍

I tried creating a Japanese account but ended up getting lost in the forms. I think I'll just wait for Prologue itself. Not worth the hairs I would be pulling out, :lol:

I tried creating a Japanese account but ended up getting lost in the forms. I think I'll just wait for Prologue itself. Not worth the hairs I would be pulling out, :lol:

There guides on the internet for it like the one I posted. It's not too hard...

Within the lastest article from GTchannel on Gran Turismo TV they added this little tid bit:

GT Channel was also able to squeeze a little more information and confirm that the downloadable demo coming soon is actually something different than what was shown at Tokyo Motor Show. Our source wouldn't tell us what, but it will have some features that weren't shown back at TGS.

Again, Tokyo Motor Show is a week away and Sony has big plans on the 24th. We'll be on-hand at the show to catch a glimpse of exactly what's going on.

With only two days left I wonder why nothing about the demo has been released by now...... like the official car and feature list.....the track is only Suzuka.

We knew pretty much was comming in GTHD ages before it hit PSN... so is this a suprise? the first person who downloads it will find out?? :confused:

Robin

After trying again I finally created a Japanese account. Now I can play the demo in a language I don't understand! Woohoo! :lol:

It took me forever to figure out that you know letters and numbers in the email and password...but my name is S_13_RB26DETT

Are you sure this isn't illigal? you have to find a japanese address and post code to use. That bit sounds very much illegal to me.

Are you sure this isn't illigal? you have to find a japanese address and post code to use. That bit sounds very much illegal to me.

Not sure, I just put in a bunch of gibberish in the address fields. I didn't put in any credit card info though.

got you thats what I am going to do then 👍
[Edit] haveing a few problems with it not excepting my password

Then a white screen popped up saying Ooops, you token is wrong
then the whloe thing canceled

hmm very odd

^^^That's what I'm actually waiting for. Maybe they'll pull a GT:HD and release it in the US store as well without telling anyone about it.

i hope i dont have to make a japanese account and they out the game in the us...we shall wait and see ;)
The good news is that it is so very easy to do both.... and if for some reason an English demo never sees the light of day, you'll have been enjoying the demo just the same. Win win.

After all, it is just a driving game so unlike say an RPG game with a lot of dialogue, once you figure out the menus and options, it really shouldn't be much different. I also suspect it will take all of 24 hours before we see several sites offers English translations for all the menus and options. 👍

Now I will most likely wait for an English language version of the full game for GT5:P, because not only will it be considerably bigger, but as I will be buying it, the luxury of tossing it away and replacing it with an English version will cost me money I could better spend on something else. :)

Give us a shout when you see the translated menu's because Japanese certainly isn't up to scratch. Infact, I don't know any Japanese....

Give us a shout when you see the translated menu's because Japanese certainly isn't up to scratch. Infact, I don't know any Japanese....

If the translations are going to be posted anywhere, they'll definitely be on this forum.

I can't remember who did it but the entire Japanese version of GT4 Prologue was translated and posted in the GTP forums. Came in very handy 👍

Our Taiwanese friend chihchou worked with VV on the Asia version of TT.👍 From memory Maskrider did the translation for GT4, though I can't remember who worked on Prologue. Roll on December...:)

I don't think this info has been posted up yet....

More breaking information from the world of PlayStation 3 and Polyphony Digital. It appears that Sony is trying to steal the show. And with this week's big GT-R blunder it might just be possible. Sony is doing a better job of keeping its info under wraps, but we have learned that Sony has bigger plans at the 40th Tokyo Motor Show Gran Turismo Prologue than just a regular unveiling. The big news is that Sony will have a big program and preview for Gran Turismo TV at Tokyo Motor Show. But you don't have to wait until then for some of what we can expect to see.

As we mentioned earlier, Sony will offer a free demo available as a download through the PlayStation Store. Obviously the download will only be available on the PS3. But here's the kicker the free Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Demo will be available only from October 20th until November 11th. Approximately three weeks, just in time for the release of the full version of Prologue. So you best note waste anytime if you're a Gran Turismo completist.

We also learned exactly what vehicles will be playable in the demo. We incorrectly reported earlier that the demo will feature 16 cars and three tracks. This report was based on information we received from the Tokyo Game Show build. For the Tokyo Motor Show and the download demo, a total of seven vehicles will be featured in the Prologue demo. These vehicles are the 2008 Lexus IS-F, 2009 Nissan GT-R, 2008 Mazda Atenza, 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STi, 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR, 2008 Daihatsu OFC-1 and 2009 BMW 135i coupe. It's a pretty awesome selection especially when you remember that this is just a free download, but we're not really certain why the hell the Daihatsu is in the mix or how it got in there. Maybe it snuck in when no one was looking.

Seven cars, but only one course will be playable, Suzuka Circuit. See the shot above for the Suzuka map. A total of sixteen cars will be on-track simultaneously, but there's no online in the demo.

Back to the Motorshow, Sony has some plans for Gran Turismo between the 23rd and 25th at which the company will unveil a new car, we're not really sure that it is. Sony will also be showing how the free news service works for motorsports and other automotive related goodies. Online News Service, Gran Turismo TV and News won't be available offline.

More to come next week. We're getting on a plane tomorrow morning to head to the land of Gran Turismo. We can't wait.
Source - http://drive.gtchannel.com/?c=125&a=1318

Regards

Scaff

"2008 Lexus IS-F, 2009 Nissan GT-R, 2008 Mazda Atenza, 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STi, 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR, 2008 Daihatsu OFC-1 and 2009 BMW 135i coupe."

4ldimb4.jpg

Sweet!!! I'm very excited to test out the Mitsu, Lexus, Subaru and Nissan! After running into a few problems, I finally got a Japanese account.:lol: Now I'm going to create a Hong Kong account which should be easier since I know how to read a little bit of Chinese. :D

But here's the kicker the free Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Demo will be available only from October 20th until November 11th. Approximately three weeks, just in time for the release of the full version of Prologue. So you best note waste anytime if you're a Gran Turismo completist.

Only 3 weeks :nervous:

Latest Posts

Back