10/20/2007 Demo

• Thread starter M5_dude
  • 897 comments
Sweet!!! I'm very excited to test out the Mitsu, Lexus, Subaru and Nissan! After running into a few problems, I finally got a Japanese account.:lol: Now I'm going to create a Hong Kong account which should be easier since I know how to read a little bit of Chinese. :D

The Hong Kong store actually has an English language option, so go for that and its a doddle.

👍

Scaff

2008 Lexus IS-F

tmc_08lexusisf_fronthigh.jpg

2009 Nissan GT-R

2009NissanGTR.jpg

2008 Mazda Atenza (Mazda 6)

Mazda_Atenza_big.jpg

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STi

wrxsti08.jpg

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR

lancerevo08.jpg

2008 Daihatsu OFC-1

16-1190616012-2.jpg

2009 BMW 135i coupe

bmw135i08.jpg

I have to be honest and say the car I am most looking forward to on the demo is the 135i, its the closest car BMW have made recently to the spirit of the original E30 M3 and should also give us an idea of how the physics engine has come along. I just hope the demo will give us the option to use the 'realistic' physics setting.

Regards

Scaff

I have to be honest and say the car I am most looking forward to on the demo is the 135i, its the closest car BMW have made recently to the spirit of the original E30 M3 and should also give us an idea of how the physics engine has come along. I just hope the demo will give us the option to use the 'realistic' physics setting.

Regards

Scaff

i agree

Do we know what time it is coming out or will it be in stores at midnight tonight?

I'm excited. I really want to play this. Even though it is going to be in Japanese.

Before anyone gets upset waiting for the Japanese demo, do we have any official word on the exact date and time that it will be released? The reported date is Oct. 20th... but is that the 20th in Japan, or the US? Also, I still see "news reports" saying the demo is coming out on Oct. 24th for the opening of the Tokyo Motor Show... but the TMS doesn’t officially open to the public until the 27th.

Also, from my experience downloading new content off the Japanese store, unlike the European and North American stores, they don't post weekly updates, and even so, like all the stores, updates are never added on the same time each time.

For instance, Sony added three new demos to the Japan store on the 15th, 17th, and 18th. They updated the Hong Kong and European store early this morning, but here it is close to 2pm (EST) and still no weekly update for the North American store. No big deal, as this is the norm, but it suggests to me we most likely won't see some kind of "midnight release" or any specific pre determined time, unless that's been confirmed?

If anyone has a definitive confirmation on the exact time and date (in Japan) that GT5:P will be added, that would be very helpful! 👍

Oi, as a new member I would watch your back after saying a post like that. The reason why I said because I'm patient is that I don't want to rush and create a Japanese account just to get one demo, I can't see the point. I don't care if you guys get a taste of what GT5 is going to be like before me, its not a race to see who play's it first, if I want to wait until I can play it in English you should respect that and move on. I like GT5 but I am not prepared to create a Japanese account for it.

Oh and congratulations your the first member that I've actually been tempted to press "ignore member" on.

Well, I must have made a good point then.

I've read post on this site for a couple years. one day someone said something so dumb i had to create an account and respond. So dont let my account created on date fool you.

Please, anyone, feel free to comment on my comments. If i didnt want to spark a thought in your brain I would not have posted the comment in the first place.

Psn name: HAAS599

i didnt mean to bash you or anything speedster. you've said some good stuff on these forums. just so you know i would never ignore you.

Before anyone gets upset waiting for the Japanese demo, do we have any official word on the exact date and time that it will be released? The reported date is Oct. 20th... but is that the 20th in Japan, or the US?

Well according to the official GT site, around noon, japanese time the demo will be released.

' グランツーリスモ 5 prologue free trial version ' as for download 2007 October 20th (Saturday) around noon? 2007 November 11th (day) to.

I wonder if there will be online rankings of some sort ala GTHD?? Somebody knows anything on this??

So, if it will be noon Japanese time that the demo is to be released it stands to reason that we will have it 9 PM CST and 10 PM Eastern

Well according to the official GT site, around noon, japanese time the demo will be released.

' グランツーリスモ 5 prologue free trial version ' as for download 2007 October 20th (Saturday) around noon? 2007 November 11th (day) to.
If that is the case, then we have another 28 hours or more before it will be made available.

However, though the "?" at the end suggests it could be any time on the 20th so between 16.5 hours and 40.5 hours from right now... I hear the clock ticking now! :D

If that is the case, then we have another 28 hours or more before it will be made available.

That works for me, I have a 24 hour shift Friday but I just setup a Japan PSN account so I'll be ready to download it when I get off work Saturday morning.

OK... so supposedly sometime between 11am (EST) on the 19th and 11am (EST) on the 20th, with one source suggesting 11pm (EST) on the 19th.

So shall we start a betting pool on the time? :D

For a chance at 1 years of GTP Premium or a GTP T-Shirt, but most importantly Nostradamus bragging rights... submit your guess in the following thread on the exact date and time the GT5:P demo will be released on the Japanese PS Store.
Rules, instructions, and current list of submissions are listed in the first post.

The deadline for submissions is less than 10 hours from now, so don't put it off too long.

Latest Posts

Back