Best way to earn money?????

• Thread starter markl92
  • 93 comments
I always keep 6th gear all the way. I just lift my foot on corners, then slowly acelerate so I can get a 293kmh-ish corner exit on both corners.

On the long Straight, I slipstream both Elise and Evo IX and reach to 345Kmh.

And there you have a sub 47 lap. More than enough to milk the cow in one lap.

That helped a lot, thanks! I got below 48s on the first lap now :D And I got mid-46 on 2nd or 3rd, getting me the gold. But 3 laps is too slow for "milking the cow" :) How do you manage 330km/h on the first (timed) lap? I got to 315-ish by drafting.
You can try and start the race when the clock hits 9:55, or 9:54, or 9:53, ..., or 9:41, or 9:40.
And see what happens (I haven't tried them all yet). You'll be able to draft from the other cars at different parts of the track, and thus manage 330KM/h at also different parts of the track.

3 laps ??
I usually get gold at the first timed lap.

I always keep 6th gear all the way. I just lift my foot on corners, then slowly acelerate so I can get a 293kmh-ish corner exit on both corners.

On the long Straight, I slipstream both Elise and Evo IX and reach to 345Kmh.

And there you have a sub 47 lap. More than enough to milk the cow in one lap.

When do you start driving then? I would love to see that on film :) for educational purposes

Here's my replay save data. I don't feel like capping the video :)

Do you know how to make it work?

Attachments

• BCES00104-RPLY2-F009.zip
    124.7 KB · Views: 31
Hmm, I think so, but I don't have a usb memory stick available atm. You just paste it into the savegame folder right? Haven't really checked the file system of gt5p yet. Been too busy driving!

Just unzip the file I've attached to:

x:\PS3\SAVEDATA

If you don't have those folders in your stick or removable drive just create them yourself.

By unzipping the file a folder named the same way as the zip should be inside SAVEDATA folder. So in the end you'll have

x:\PS3\SAVEDATA\BCES00104-RPLY2-F009

And all the stuff inside that folder.

Hope it works.

Thanks a lot :) I'll try that some other time. Gotta log off now. I'm consistantly 10-50 milliseconds to slow to win the 27500cr on S3.. Had enough of it for one day.

dark_ruffo's method works great. Take off at full rev at 9:40. Draft both cars before the start line and you'll cross the line at 200MPH+. Once at full speed I brake firmly but briefly into each turn from the top, then ease the pedal back into full throttle on the way back to the apex. Consistent golds and times below 47.000 are not difficult.

dark_ruffo's method works great. Take off at full rev at 9:40. Draft both cars before the start line and you'll cross the line at 200MPH+. Once at full speed I brake firmly but briefly into each turn from the top, then ease the pedal back into full throttle on the way back to the apex. Consistent golds and times below 47.000 are not difficult.

Very true! 45.993 is best so far! Though sometimes i screw up running into the cars when slipstreaming :D

Much easier than A-8, also more money in less time 👍

I spent some time today with S-6 (single lap F40 vs. the world, LOL) on professional and must say that it's absolutely thrilling. I used standard mode on this event while grinding for the F1, but really haven't run any standard mode races since completing all the events. I decided to give it a go on professional mode today and, although never finishing above fifth place (usually back in 6th-8th), it's a very rewarding, challenging and still somewhat profitable ride (about 1 million per run in the JPN version). S-6 on pro mode shows off so much of what makes GT5P such a quality title... close racing, gorgeous cars (pretty much an all-star lineup of top-end non-tuned cars), and the new pro physics engine.

Anyone else have a favorite pro-mode race that you use for pulling down quick credits?

Don't use the brakes at S-3, just get out of the throttle as you turn in and floor it again when your speed falls below 185mph. Then shamelessly understeer your way through the corner... I've done a 46.303 with that method.

This is my replay of the S-3 event.
Taking off at full rev when the time limit reaches only 9min:54s. :)
46s:915 on the first timed lap.
(Manual Transmission; Active Steering=Off; Driving Physics=Standard; Traction Control=Off, ASM=Off; Using H-Pattern gear shifting, with clutch, on the Logitech G25.)

dark_ruffo's method works great indeed.
Compared to the "taking off at 9:40" method, this "taking off at 9:54" method is somehow more difficult/demanding because now in the first timed lap when you get to the long straigth your car will be alone. So you won't draft there at all, as you would in the "taking off at 9:40" method.

i normally do race s-7 or s-8? the one with 5 laps of daytona superspeedway, takes me 4mins 10seconds to complete, its dead easy and get $32500 for first, but its very boring. In 15minutes you could have done that race 3 times earning you $97500, thats almost $400000 in 1 hr.

Has anybody been able to win the one lap challenge with the F40 anyway consistently. It would be a great way to earn money, 35,000 for the win, but I've only managed to win it once and my norm is 2nd. Standard physics ofcourse, I do believe it is impossible with pro.

i normally do race s-7 or s-8? the one with 5 laps of daytona superspeedway, takes me 4mins 10seconds to complete, its dead easy and get $32500 for first, but its very boring. In 15minutes you could have done that race 3 times earning you $97500, thats almost $400000 in 1 hr.

That's S9. It's what I use to earn credits. I use a Mine's Skyline. Easiest race in the game. Don't do it too often though, you might fall asleep!

Hello,

i wondered what's the quickest way to earn money? I found that the high speed ring class B gives out 12,500 but whats the quickest??

👍

Technically speaking the quickest way to earn money in GT5P is winning the S-6 Ferrari F40 Mission Race. The entire event is only 3.61 miles (one lap on Suzuka) and in an F40, you can, and will have to pass 16 aggressive AI cars and finish it in under 2'23" in order to win. Once you add the 20 seconds it takes to fast forward through the award screen and start a new race, that means you'll be making a whopping 13,000Cr per minute!

Personally, this is one of, if not my favorite events in GT5P, as not only is it very challenging, and thus extremely rewarding when you succeed, but it is also a great event for perfecting your passing techniques and mastering one of the more challenging circuits in GT5P... and the world.

The problem though is of course you'll have to have unlocked the S-Class events, have already earned 450,000Cr in order to buy the F40, and then there is the issue of winning the S-6 race, let alone winning it consistently! Suzuka is a very challenging circuit, and this event is one of the toughest to win in GT5P. In addition, if you don't win, the prize money drops significantly for 2nd place and below... thus unless you are consistently able to win this race, there are several other races where most people will be able to make more money than by running S-6.

For instance, with an untuned Corvette Z06, one can easily dominate the A-1 Gran Turismo All Stars event, which is a 5 lap race at Daytona Speedway. It's the easiest track by far, and even a novice GT5P driver should have no trouble winning this event consistently with any number of different cars. In fact, one should easily finish this race in the Z06 in about 4 minutes, thus earning just under 5,000Cr per minute.

Now for those just starting out and have not unlocked the A-Class events yet, two events that are definitely worth considering are the C-8 Honda Integra Mission Race, which is just a one lap race at Daytona Speedway and the B-6 Honda Integra Mission Race which is a one lap race at the High Speed Ring.

If you can win either or both of these events consistently, you'll find that you'll be earning as much as 6,800Cr per minute!

Now these are all some of the best and fastest ways to make money offline. However, you can also make quite a lot of money online as well.

The fastest way to earn money online would be to consistently win the Expert PP700 Daytona Speedway race. While it is true that the Sukuka race pays 5,000Cr more to the winner, but it also takes an additonal two and a half minutes to finish than the Daytona race. Thus, per minute, the Daytona Speedway race pays more. As a bonus, the Daytona Speedway is a ridiculously easy track to master compared to the complexity of Suzuka.

Now while a typical winning time for a Expert PP700 Daytona Speedway race is only about 4'00" and the reward for winning is 45,000Cr, unfortunately it takes an average of about three minutes to get through the matching process, waiting for the race to start, an additonal 30 seconds after you cross the finish line for the other drivers to try and finish, and to fast forward through the award screen in order to start the matching process over again.

So, when you take that into account, consistently winning the Expert PP700 Daytona Speedway race will net you about 6,500Cr per minute... which is still quite good.

However, occasionally you may get disconnected from a race, and of course with online play, you never know what you may be up against as far as dirty racing goes.

Finally, while not necessarily the fastest way of earning money in GT5P, and it certainly won't help improve your driving skills in GT5P. The "easiest" way to earn lots of money in GT5P is entering in (not actually racing) the Expert races online where there are very few drivers in a race.

For instance, many people do not like Suzuka, so especially during off peak hours, you can enter these races and you'll find maybe only 2-5 players in the race. Now all you have to do is park the car off the track so as not to interfere with the other drivers, and go do something else for seven minutes. When you get back, you'll have earned anywhere between 45,000Cr and 34,000Cr depending on how many drivers finished the race.

Using this method, although it won't help you become a better online driver, it will net you between 3,000Cr and 5,000Cr per minute... without ever completing a single lap!

So to sum up some of the examples I have given:

("per Minute" based on continual play, not just the length of the race itself)

• 13,000Cr per Minute = 1st @ S-6 Ferrari F40 Mission Race (very hard)
  • _6,800Cr per Minute = 1st @ B-6 Honda Integra Mission Race
  • _6,500Cr per Minute = 1st @ Expert PP700 Daytona Speedway
  • _5,300Cr per Minute = 1st @ C-8 Honda Integra Mission Race
  • _5,000Cr per Minute = 1st @ A-1 Gran Turismo All Stars (very easy)
  • _5,000Cr - 3,000Cr per Minute = 2nd-5th (without actually racing) any Expert PP700 race with few drivers

I hope those looking for ways to increase their GT5P bank balance finds some of this info useful. Good luck and most importantly, have fun!

See you on the track!

Very informative and helpful post 👍 I would suggest adding the S-3 method as well, I find it very hard to consistently bag first in it but others seem to like it 👍

What i have seen some guys do online is just sit and wait for the race to end. This one guy i was racing 3 times in a row and all he did was sit there. Easiest way, but that really is sad, and really frustrating when it's just me and him in a race.

Back