Best way to earn money?????

• Thread starter markl92
  • 93 comments
Technically speaking the quickest way to earn money in GT5P is winning the S-6 Ferrari F40 Mission Race. The entire event is only 3.61 miles (one lap on Suzuka) and in an F40, you can, and will have to pass 16 aggressive AI cars and finish it in under 2'23" in order to win. Once you add the 20 seconds it takes to fast forward through the award screen and start a new race, that means you'll be making a whopping 13,000Cr per minute!

(...)

So to sum up some of the examples I have given:

("per Minute" based on continual play, not just the length of the race itself)
  • 13,000Cr per Minute = 1st @ S-6 Ferrari F40 Mission Race (very hard)
  • _6,800Cr per Minute = 1st @ B-6 Honda Integra Mission Race
  • _6,500Cr per Minute = 1st @ Expert PP700 Daytona Speedway
  • _5,300Cr per Minute = 1st @ C-8 Honda Integra Mission Race
  • _5,000Cr per Minute = 1st @ A-1 Gran Turismo All Stars (very easy)
  • _5,000Cr - 3,000Cr per Minute = 2nd-5th (without actually racing) any Expert PP700 race with few drivers
Thanks for the useful information. 👍
But, isn't earning 27.500cr per Minute (Gold at S-3 offline event), the quickest & easiest not-online method to earn money in GT5P ?
I posted a replay here. (EU version)

Thanks for the useful information. 👍
But, isn't earning 27.500cr per Minute (Gold at S-3 offline event), the quickest & easiest not-online method to earn money in GT5P ?
I posted a replay here. (EU version)

The S-3 Mine's R34 Time Target event is a good money making event... if you can post a lap under 0'47.5 and do it before you've used up half the time limit (10min). However, even the best possible result isn't going to yield an income rate of 27,500Cr per minute.

Remember, with S-3 you start at a dead stop, and the first cold lap takes about a minute to get through before having the opportunity to post a hot lap. So even if you manage to get under 0'47.5 for your first hot lap, when you add the time of the first cold lap and of course the time it takes to quit, fast forward through the award screen and start the race again... that's a total of a little over 2 minutes... or about 13,000Cr per minute.... which is still quite good... but this also assumes one can consistantly get a sub 0'47.5 for their very first hot lap each and every time.

In addition, the prize money for 2nd place drops from 27,000Cr all the way down to just 10,000Cr... which if done in the first hot lap is still a very respectable ~4,600Cr per minute.

The nice thing about a race like A-1 is not only can a novice easily win this race over and over again, but they can use any number of cars to do it while earning around 5,000Cr per minute.

All that being said, assuming you can post a gold lap time on S-3 on your first hot lap each time, then by all means, this would be an excellent event to keep doing in order to raise your credit level in a very timely fashion, and under those circumstances would be just as fast as winning the S-6 event in terms of earning credits. 👍

The S-3 Mine's R34 Time Target event is a good money making event... if you can post a lap under 0'47.5 and do it before you've used up half the time limit (10min). However, even the best possible result isn't going to yield an income rate of 27,500Cr per minute.

Remember, with S-3 you start at a dead stop, and the first cold lap takes about a minute to get through before having the opportunity to post a hot lap. So even if you manage to get under 0'47.5 for your first hot lap, when you add the time of the first cold lap and of course the time it takes to quit, fast forward through the award screen and start the race again... that's a total of a little over 2 minutes... or about 13,000Cr per minute.... which is still quite good... but this also assumes one can consistantly get a sub 0'47.5 for their very first hot lap each and every time.
You're correct. On the S-3 event is around 13,000cr per minute, indeed. I forgot that the first lap is not timed.

I guess the definition of "best" in this case is subjective. There is quickest and easiest, which seems to be the main goal for people just looking for cash.

Personally, I prefer most fun and I have found that doing an online race is the best way to go about this. When trying to do offline events to win money I find myself getting tired of the same old race with the same old AI. When I go online I have fun and while I am not a consistent 1st place contender the time flies by and the next thing I know I have earned a few hundred thousand credits and feel like I have barely done anything. You know, time flies and all that. I know the first time I went online into the expert 700pp races I realized I had accumulated over 150,000cr and looked up at the clock to see I had been going for nearly an hour and hadn't noticed the time going by.

So, while I could probably get more money quicker offline it has more overall value for me to go online. And if all I care about is money then repeatedly racing 700pp at Daytona Speedway will get me there. While I am not in the best car with the best settings, or even the best driver, at the end of the night I have enjoyed it much more than running S-9 over and over.

For variety, it is quite easy to Silver B-3 on the opening lap ( I should know :ouch:) so that is 6,000 cr for maybe 90 secs work.

Please add S-9 into the table, but use the Art Morrison Corvette to do it in style. ;)

i usually do the daytona race in S class (S9) i think. Its about 5 mins per 32,500cr i use a tuned C6 Z06 and its easy as cake.. i fall asleep doing that race though.

I tried doing 700pp Daytona Oval race online and its hit and miss. Yesterday i didnt manage to win it but i was consistently 2-4th and i had no issues with ramming/punters. Unlike the day before when every single car was raming and punting. The time does fly by.. i played for 2 hours and amassed 500,000 credits.

The suzuka race is way more fun. I actually saw a few "GTP_" racers there and they were quite good. Again no punting/ramming there

It seemed that very few people race Daytona Road course, i saw like 5-6 cars there. So that would be a good race to just park the car i guess.

Well i think its hard to say they best way is usually the races that you have fun doing no matter how long they are ya know

I certainly know what the best way to throw away money is...

Quitting the game from within online mode! :ouch:

I made over 250,000 Cr. last night in online races and quit the game before returning out into the "My Page" (offline) game... to my horror, I just found that all my cash from last night's races is gone. Even with "Auto Save" on, your winnings will only be saved when you leave online mode and return to GT5:P offline mode.

I certainly know what the best way to throw away money is...

Quitting the game from within online mode! :ouch:

I made over 250,000 Cr. last night in online races and quit the game before returning out into the "My Page" (offline) game... to my horror, I just found that all my cash from last night's races is gone. Even with "Auto Save" on, your winnings will only be saved when you leave online mode and return to GT5:P offline mode.

I did that too, was gutted!

Just play in the expert races, sometimes if you get in a race with a few players like four just sit there and let them race. When the race finishes you get the prize money awarded for finishing in 4th. Or just win them and gain tons of credits. :)

Just to bring this back to the top(i didn't want to start a new thread), i've found the easiest way IMO of making 32,500 credits. Ok, i'm sure there are other ways of making more money, but by the end of the 2nd lap, if your good, you'll be in 1st place.

In little over 4 minutes of racing, on S-9 use a cheap Corvette Z06 and tune to:-

Power +14
Weight 87%

680 points

RH 0 - -7
SR 4 - 5
D 4 - 5
T 0.00 - -0.11
CA 0.0 - 1.0
BB 8 - 5

MTA 40
TC 3
ABS 1

1ST 2.660
2ND 1.780
3RD 1.356
4TH 1.024
5TH 0.844
6TH 0.596
FINAL 4.500

Let me know if there's anything to add to this, or if there's an easier way. :)

Does this race take place at Daytona Road Course? That challenge is exceptionally difficult (though it doesn't help that I completely and utterly suck at that track).

I can not drive around that track, I should just moe the lawn, and sell sodas

Since the October 3rd 2008 update, the events have changed (prize money and difficulty).

S-6 (single lap race in the F40) is a huge money earner now!

1st - 50,000
2nd - 48,000
3rd - 46,000

Difficulty has definitely changed (become easier) as I got my first 1st quite easily (using standard physics). I don't use standard physics usually but it makes this event a lot easier when slogging it out for cash.

Since the October 3rd 2008 update, the events have changed (prize money and difficulty).

S-6 (single lap race in the F40) is a huge money earner now!

1st - 50,000
2nd - 48,000
3rd - 46,000

Difficulty has definitely changed (become easier) as I got my first 1st quite easily (using standard physics). I don't use standard physics usually but it makes this event a lot easier when slogging it out for cash.

All the S-events pay more now. I was testing out the new physics on the S7 and S10 races and rang up several $50k paychecks.

I'm not surprised that S6 is easier now. S9 and S10 are definately easier.

I didn't see anyone put this so heres my take on fastest way to earn money:

go to S-8, Race around the High Speed Ring in your Ford GT
just do one lap and quit
you get 32,500 in 1:15 or faster
compared to the 45,000 you get in S-9 (which is sweatshop status if you divide by the 4 minutes you spend on it)

Why is it cheating ?
Time starts when you drive out of the pits and you can easily beat the bronze time (which is 1:20:00 btw) in the first lap

Why is it cheating ?
Time starts when you drive out of the pits and you can easily beat the bronze time (which is 1:20:00 btw) in the first lap

I do not believe it is cheating.
In a 10 minute time trial, GT5:P allows you to stop early when you made the time. You are just using that option (pauze the game and leave). No need to continue to race longer then a time trial run that gives you good points.

Except for the Mines S-3 (trouble that the first lap does not count, adding to the time investment). I use: A-3 Time Trial (M3) Eiger Reverse, S-8 Time Trial (Ford GT) High Speed Ring this way, complemented with the F430 (A-8) and F40 (S-6) this makes it less boring to get larger amounts. I admit, using standard and driving like GTP does not encourage or I would not do in online races.

The TT events pay money only for one lap (the fastest), no matter how many laps you complete. It's bs to say it's cheating to quit before the time limit has expired.

And what's the problem anyway? People are just trying to make some more virtual money to buy some more virtual cars. It's not like there's a limited supply of either.

Most of us find we have money and cars coming out our ears after we play for a while anyway.

Throwing in my 2 cents, I did the S event taking the Mine's GT-R around the Daytona Oval to grind my credits. It seemed decently fast at the time, faster than the other S events anyway, and gave 42.5k on first timed lap if you could get gold (doable doing some questionable things in standard physics)

Back