Gran Turismo 5 is playing Christmas music on the main menu

  • Thread starter Thread starter FRR35H
  • 138 comments
  • 26,148 views
I was afraid I'd have to listen to Christmas music in GT Mode. D:
 
Yeah my son and I thought we were going crazy, but i guess other people heard it too.
 
Its not in GT mode, its the main menu. I heard it as well and its nice but not my cup of tea.
 
Guess it`s We Wish You a Merry Christmas.
 
Hmm, I've been playing all day today, and have heard no Xmas music. I wonder whats up with my GT5.

edit: Time setting was off by about 5 minutes; corrected that and the music played.

Yeah time settings even if they're out by a little bit can play all sorts of havoc with internet connectivity. I couldn't connect to PSN recently and it was driving me batty. My clock was out by 6 minutes. Fixed that and wooshka, connected straight away.
 
..and Jingle bells, lol :p
 
Ya, i've heard it. Infact, i just heard about a hour ago. I just finished playing it.
 
I heard it to. I wonder if it will still be there after christmas???
 
I just heard PD own rendition of "Silent Night" on the home screen of GT5! Has anyone else heard this or other songs?

I thinks it's a pretty cool thing that they did that.

EDIT: Now it's playing "Jingle Bells" in jazz style. :D
 
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I did :D

It played "We wish you a merry Christmas". Thanks for the holiday wishes PD!
 
Totally surprised me and made me feel all warm.
 
funny thing is the suger plum fairy tune from the nutcracker is in the music list but I haven't found the other xmas music.....nice surprise PD! :)
 
I heard it to. I wonder if it will still be there after christmas???

I doubt it. I might see it going through New Years, but would imagine that come January it would definitely be gone.
 
I noticed that last night. I remember thinking "was that jingle bell rock?" or something to that effect.
 
Did anyone else notice "Holy Night" being played at the start menu today when they turned on their GT5?
No, but "Silent night" was playing on mine.
 
it's pure class.

one of many reasons why I love GT series.

Merry Christmas everyone. :)
 
Yeah I heared it. They also play Happy Birthday when its not my birthday...
 
Thanks for the upload, tempted to put this on in the family restaurant haha.
 
just had "we wish you a merry xmas" playing in the main menu.....

dont make me hate you GT. lol :sick:

This is playing in my main menu right now. I didn't notice this thread, or any Christmas music until just right now. What a great touch P.D.!
 
I dont have the game but do you need any updates for this?
 
So freaking awesome, I love PD for little details like this.
 
Heard it too ! Nice of PD to place it on the game !

Also believe its We Wish you a Merry Xmas and Jingle Bells. So far only heard on the main screen, not GT Life mode.

By the way, Merry Xmas and Happy New all to GTplanet members !

Best Regards
Capelavsky
 
Back