Gran Turismo 5 is playing Christmas music on the main menu

  • Thread starter Thread starter FRR35H
  • 138 comments
  • 26,146 views
Gran Turismo has some of the classiest music of almost any game of any genre (let alone racing). The only one I know immediately is the lovely rendition of "Jingle Bells" from Yudai Satoh. Go ahead and say this is elevator music or Weather Channel music, but at least I'd rather listen to this than My Chemical Romance. Much love to PD for this Christmas salute!
 
AWESOME! 👍

Gran Turismo has some of the classiest music of almost any game of any genre (let alone racing). The only one I know immediately is the lovely rendition of "Jingle Bells" from Yudai Satoh. Go ahead and say this is elevator music or Weather Channel music, but at least I'd rather listen to this than My Chemical Romance. Much love to PD for this Christmas salute!
+1 !
 
gran turismo has some of the classiest music of almost any game of any genre (let alone racing). The only one i know immediately is the lovely rendition of "jingle bells" from yudai satoh. Go ahead and say this is elevator music or weather channel music, but at least i'd rather listen to this than my chemical romance. Much love to pd for this christmas salute!

+ 2
 
Will Kaz and PD ever do anything special for Ramadan?

Hey we are a huge demographic too!:lol:

Think about it, no racing on tracks until sundown, but once its down, have at it!:lol:
 
johnbm01
gran turismo has some of the classiest music of almost any game of any genre (let alone racing). The only one i know immediately is the lovely rendition of "jingle bells" from yudai satoh. Go ahead and say this is elevator music or weather channel music, but at least i'd rather listen to this than my chemical romance. Much love to pd for this christmas salute!

+3!!!
 
Am I the only one who got this last year as well or something???

Because everyone seems so shocked :o :p
 
Am I the only one who got this last year as well or something???

Because everyone seems so shocked :o :p

Last year, GT was only a month old. I don't think anyone bothered to stay in the main menu long enough to hear music, it was all about grinding Daytona for pocket change back then. :lol:
 
Am I the only one who got this last year as well or something???

Because everyone seems so shocked :o :p

This thread started a year ago. :lol: :lol:

I was already aware too ;)
 
Will Kaz and PD ever do anything special for Ramadan?

Hey we are a huge demographic too!:lol:

Think about it, no racing on tracks until sundown, but once its down, have at it!:lol:

Lol, :dopey: no eating, no GT-ing! :ouch:
 
I Love the Jingle bells.
 
I remember this from last year. Glad to see it is back.
 
Oh my God it plays again this Christmas season! :dopey:
 
yeah it did it last year too :)
I remember.
 
Wow... thanks for the +'s, folks! :) As much as I love the Jingle Bells rendition, I'm loving the Silent Night rendition just a bit more.
 
Didn't notice it last year. But by accident it was in the menu section when I got out of the bath (don't worry, I had my swimming trunks on!) & I could hear this jazz music I didn't recognise, and there it was: jingle bells! Made me smile :) Long Love Kaz!
 
Sounds Fantastic but in today's politically correct nanny state, what about people who don't celebrate.

Christmas not being allowed to be called Christmas etc.

Food for thought or just another row on GTplanet..... You decide.
 
Wow... thanks for the +'s, folks! :) As much as I love the Jingle Bells rendition, I'm loving the Silent Night rendition just a bit more.

Jingle Bells Is my favorite closely followed by Silent Night! However, the problem with 'We Wish you a Merry Christmas' is it's damn near impossible to sing along because of it's pacing. :lol:
 
Does it do Ding dong merrily on high.?

My favourite all time classic.
 
Nah, from what I can tell the 3 songs are:
-Silent Night
-Jingle Bells
-We Wish You A Merry Christmas




NOW, A jazz rendition of Shakin' Stevens "Merry Christmas everyone" Would be well received. :lol:
 
Back