Gran Turismo 5 is playing Christmas music on the main menu

  • Thread starter Thread starter FRR35H
  • 138 comments
  • 26,146 views
Messages
411
Australia
Australia
Messages
frr35h101
Did anyone else notice "Holy Night" being played at the start menu today when they turned on their GT5?
LOL. I thought it was a cool little touch to the game. Now, wheres my xmas presies Kaz!? :P
 
No, but I listen to Christmas music while driving :)👍
 
Did anyone else notice "Holy Night" being played at the start menu today when they turned on their GT5?
LOL. I thought it was a cool little touch to the game. Now, wheres my xmas presies Kaz!? :P

There's a whole repetoire it seems :dopey:
Fantastic, just heard Jingle Bells and another Christmas hymne (forgot the name)

Merry Christmas :)
 
Didn't they do this with Prologue as well a few years back? I remember a Christmas theme within the game during the holidays.
 
just had "we wish you a merry xmas" playing in the main menu.....

dont make me hate you GT. lol :sick:
 
I'm guessing this triggers on the 23rd? That means another 20 minutes to go for me.
 
Now all they need is a Drunken Santa to wander out on the track from the stands and it'll be just like Christmas!
 
Just had "We wish you a merry Christmas" in a piano-only instrumental version after booting the game. :D I love stuff like that.
 
Kaz is just.... AWESOME! ....Now Kaz, I am waiting for my Xmas gift.
 
Jingle Bells with a Sax. is not really my taste but it's a neat little thing. <3
 
Lol I just turned the PS3 on and he's right its like a jazz We Wish You a Merry Christmas :D
 
Hey guys let me ask you this because it will help alot with something. Does it do this the whole time or just when you start up that one time? In other words will you be hearing Holiday music the whole time for the next few days or just once and back to the Jazz? Reason I ask is because if it does the holiday thing then I can do like I did before with GT5 and use it as background music with the TV off. ;) lol. I used it around launch time when i had some guest over and it was pretty good. Would like to use it when I have guest over on Christmas.
 
Nope, I'm currently stuck offline with the 1.02 patch and when I turned on GT at 8:30 this morning I heard it. Posted in the Latest News thread because I can't start threads. Got ignored though. Pretty cool though, there seems to be a decent amount of Christmas songs too, heard at least 3 different ones.
 
Hey guys let me ask you this because it will help alot with something. Does it do this the whole time or just when you start up that one time? In other words will you be hearing Holiday music the whole time for the next few days or just once and back to the Jazz? Reason I ask is because if it does the holiday thing then I can do like I did before with GT5 and use it as background music with the TV off. ;) lol. I used it around launch time when i had some guest over and it was pretty good. Would like to use it when I have guest over on Christmas.

Every time I return to the main menu it has the Christmas music, but don't forget to turn of the demo videos before doing this.
 
I think I got Holy Night. But I definitely got a xmas tune in a jazz style.
 
I just restarted just to see what the fuss was about :sly: pretty cool :)
 
Lol I just turned the PS3 on and he's right its like a jazz We Wish You a Merry Christmas :D

I just heard that as I was going online, which I found slightly surprising, then Holy Night played. GT5's gone all festive it seems :D
 
nothing here.....
 
Aww this is so nice.
:O
 
Every time I return to the main menu it has the Christmas music, but don't forget to turn of the demo videos before doing this.

ok, so you don't hear it at the GT Life, My GT or whatever screen?
 
No, it's in the very first main menu, where you can also select GTTV.
 
Playing GT5 should be an escape from the Christmas hype. Lucky I turned off the BGM last night. A little irritating that one or more of the PD team has spent time concentrating on something so banal when it could have been put to better use. They must have had a board meeting and a focus group about this...
 
Anyone try changing their system date to Christmas to see what happens?
 
I had to turn off the music. If I had to listen to Pnau, or whatever the hell that is, one more time I might hurt myself.
 
No japanese christmas guitar solos at the end of the races?

:(
 
Back