Gran Turismo 5 is playing Christmas music on the main menu

  • Thread starter Thread starter FRR35H
  • 138 comments
  • 26,148 views
lol "dashing through the snow. In an EVO X I say...."

Christ, that was horrible lol. It reminded me of those crap Christian raps that talk about abstinence, sex-related diseases and how condoms are evil.
 
I noticed that We Wish You A Merry Christmas and Silent night were playing. Could this have been a secret part of update 1.05?
 
I have heard of it. Yet mine does not play it?
 
I have heard of it. Yet mine does not play it?

You know what the main menu is, right? If not it's the menu with Arcade, Track Creator, etc. I'm pretty sure it should be playing for everyone.
 
You know what the main menu is, right? If not it's the menu with Arcade, Track Creator, etc. I'm pretty sure it should be playing for everyone.

Yeap, just heard it this morning... and I was like w.t.f. :lol:
 
Muzaffar
SuperGTRacer
You know what the main menu is, right? If not it's the menu with Arcade, Track Creator, etc. I'm pretty sure it should be playing for everyone.

Yeap, just heard it this morning... and I was like w.t.f.

Yeah, PD must be getting festive this year :)👍
 
Guess I didnt sit at the menu today or yesterday, nice little touch. To bad I'm a grinch. :trouble:
 
How bloody cool is this! I had a sexy Jaz version of Jingle Bells :) Little things like this in games makes me happy!
 
I heard i jazz song that sounded like a Xmas song
 
Yea baby Holy Night Jazz Style..... NICE.

jazz460.jpg
 
Yeah i heard this too yesterday, and it resulted in a big smile. All the tiny details...
 
Haha, they give us free cars on Xmas Eve and then we get to hear a jazz rendition of 'Jingle Bells' and other Christmas hits everytime we turn on the game near Christmas; nice. :)

Those guys at PD are great. :)
 
Haha, they give us free cars on Xmas Eve and then we get to hear a jazz rendition of 'Jingle Bells' and other Christmas hits everytime we turn on the game near Christmas; nice. :)

Those guys at PD are great. :)

That's why I love GT. Best game ever. Because it has a "SOUL". It's not a game... it's a digital version of a car-nut dreams. It's all about car life.
 
I think a cover of Chris Rea's "Driving Home For Christmas" would have been apt. ;)

Jazzunori Yamauchi-san...Merry Christmas!
 
I had a double-take when I heard it... :lol:

Definitely a nice touch by Kaz and Poly. A pleasant surprise similar to the Christmas tree theme they had for Prologue.

EDIT ~ And Kaz Tweets about it!
最初から仕込んでありました。RT @k_yama_5006: @Kaz_Yamauchi さっきふとPS3つけてGT5を始めたらジャズアレンジされた「ジングルベル」が流れてきてビックリ!これってもしかして1.05のアップデートの中にこっそり仕込んであったんですか?ww

Google Translate
Pulls from the start there. RT @ k_yama_5006: @ Kaz_Yamauchi suddenly put GT5 PS3 just started a jazz arrangement was "Jingle Bells" came flowing surprised! Is this maybe what I had 1.05 in the update quietly pulls? ww
 
Last edited:
The Christmas music was a nice touch.
 
I am pretty sure this happened in prior GT's. I remember playing previous versions of GT prior to Christmas and remember hearing these songs. Doesn't anyone else recall this happening?
 
Rue
Playing GT5 should be an escape from the Christmas hype. Lucky I turned off the BGM last night. A little irritating that one or more of the PD team has spent time concentrating on something so banal when it could have been put to better use. They must have had a board meeting and a focus group about this...

Wow guy really. What else do you hate on.
 
Although I have no religious veiw I respect this move by the creators of GT5. It actually reinsures me that they are serious with GT5 and will continue to do their best to keep us (the consumers) happy. :)
 
Now that was pretty cool. Christmas music out of nowhere.
 
Yea baby Holy Night Jazz Style..... NICE.

jazz460.jpg

.........................Nice. smooth Jazzzzzzzz. :lol:

Really nice touch by PD though, shame it wasn't snowing on the title screen as well.
 
i've been listening to Christmas music on GT5 since it released.

hidden deep in the vault on the music selection menu, in the classical section, is Dance Of The Sugar Plum Fairies from the Nutcracker Suite.
obviously, it's not Jingle Bells or any other such strictly Christmas songs, but The Nutcracker gets a lot of stage time in theaters across the country during the Holiday Season.
 
Hmm, I've been playing all day today, and have heard no Xmas music. I wonder whats up with my GT5.

edit: Time setting was off by about 5 minutes; corrected that and the music played.
 
Last edited:
At the Main menu, there is music that sounds very much like "Silent Night" and "Jingle Bells". I think thats pretty neat. Am I odd, or is that what it sounds like to you guys?
 
I didn't hear it yet. Maybe it's because I don't really concentrate on the music.
 
It is those songs. Bet PD included them in the update 1.05.
 
Back