GTP_Registry Discussion Thread (GT5)

• Thread starter EDK
  • 2,672 comments
Congrats Phoenix and well done on giving the qualifier a decent effort which should ensure you get ranked appropriately. 👍

There was a round a new drivers and promotions last week, so it's probably going to be another 3-4 weeks before the next group occurs.

There was a round a new drivers and promotions last week, so it's probably going to be another 3-4 weeks before the next group occurs.

AH WELL, I'll just run in the back ground wihout posting to see where I would place.

Thanks.

Not trying to be a pain in the butt . . . .

I havent recieved anything to say that i submitted my qualifier time correctly?

Was i supposed to?

Just asking the question is all.

Thanks Guys.

Not trying to be a pain in the butt . . . .

I havent recieved anything to say that i submitted my qualifier time correctly?

Was i supposed to?

Just asking the question is all.

Thanks Guys.

I don't think you're supposed to get anything back.

In the official GTP registry page where it tells current handicap and all, Is it manually updated or automatically? My week 93 or 94 (I forgot which) I got -0.86 and it hasn't changed, just wondering if it was a thing like you discard best result or worst result to not distort a skewing in the handicap

In the official GTP registry page where it tells current handicap and all, Is it manually updated or automatically? My week 93 or 94 (I forgot which) I got -0.86 and it hasn't changed, just wondering if it was a thing like you discard best result or worst result to not distort a skewing in the handicap
It is done manually after the last new registry entries/new promotions (so that will be soon I guess). The best or worst result is not discounted as far as I know.

R35 SKYLIN3

It is only updated after promotions. So the handicap you see is thru week 89. And handicap changes after that haven't been updated but will be when a few new people get promoted.

ah i see, but say i did the week straight after and got another better handicap, would it not have to be updated? or does it simply use the old handicap?

ah i see, but say i did the week straight after and got another better handicap, would it not have to be updated? or does it simply use the old handicap?
No, it didn't get updated immediately. Vaxen only updates it once in 4 weeks. He's usually very busy and can't get it done 24/7. He said the new entries would be posted this week so try to keep patient a little bit longer.:)

oh, i would not like you guys to think i am impatient or trying to rush or anything i am just confused, i have another confusion if you guys dont mind clearing it up for me. my week 87 results "taming the beast" was 2.400 (-0.283) so my handicap before that event was 2.683, i done one week (week 90) where my replay was inaccurate (timing was off on the lap time i submitted by 0.03s IIRC) but i still got a negative handicap before the result was discarded. My week 93 result was 1.835 (-0.860) so my handicap before was 2.695, how is it possible that my handicap goes up even though in week 87 my time was better than my current handicap? or is it something to do with the black flag i got on week 90 with the timing issue?

Please find your Shift key on your keyboard. It works wonders. 👍

Your handicap went up due to your Week 86 rally results.

To those that are trying to complain about leveling or "grinding" a new PSn to participate;

I just created a name and that was the most time consuming part of the entire thing.

I did 1 race...ONE race. How can that be hard or even slightly time consuming?

Online Challenge No.6, Grand Valley in a bone stock GT86 and went from level 0 to level 12 in that single 3 lap event which took a staggering 7 minutes of life. I can see there are some people that just dont want to put in any effort but expect the world in return.

Out of curiosity I tried to calculate my own handicap in the way that it was once described by Vaxen.

To understand how handicap accumulates, you have to remember the weighting. You accumulate a history over time, and all of these are accumulated to find out your average handicap. As mentioned earlier, the qualifier counts double, and some races count as less than a full weight.

Finally, to prevent a long history from being too much of a drag on your advancement, we cap the "historical weight" at 6 (which equals the qualifier plus your first 4 races, which is also the minimum to be eligible for your first promotion).

The "capping" at 6 uses a trick where we use your existing handicap, multiply it by 5, add it to the handicap of the most recent race, and divide the total by 6.

Now, unfortunately I haven't got all the data from my TT-results anymore, but starting from a known point, it should be easy to calculate the following handicaps with that iterative formula. Only, I don't get the same results I see in the following month updated in the registry. :odd:

Let me describe what I'm doing:

I most recently took part in the TT's from week 78,80,91,94 & 101.

- If you look at the result from week 91, it says my handicapped result is r=3.091 (d3/0.207).
- That means my previous handicap had been 2.884. (There is a different "previous handicap" in weeks 78 and 80)

Now let's try to calculate the progression of my handicap according to the formula above.

Week 91: (2.884*5 + 3.091) / 6 = 2.919
Week 94: (2.919*5 + 2.373) / 6 = 2.828

But now I see in the GTP Registry, that my current handicap is 2.859.

What did I miss...? :confused:

By the way, if someone is interested, I made an Excel-sheet listing the weight of up to 25 weeks of TT's and how the weights of your previous results progress with new results. Basically, after the qualifier and the first 4 weeks, all weights are multiplied by 5/6 for every additional week, with this iterative formula.

E.g. after 25 weeks, your first week's result has only a weight of 0.022 and your latest has 1.000. The total sum of weights is always 6.000.

Attachments

• Handicap-Weights.zip
    9.4 KB · Views: 16
Out of curiosity I tried to calculate my own handicap in the way that it was once described by Vaxen.

Now, unfortunately I haven't got all the data from my TT-results anymore, but starting from a known point, it should be easy to calculate the following handicaps with that iterative formula. Only, I don't get the same results I see in the following month updated in the registry. :odd:

Let me describe what I'm doing:

I most recently took part in the TT's from week 78,80,91,94 & 101.

- If you look at the result from week 91, it says my handicapped result is r=3.091 (d3/0.207).
- That means my previous handicap had been 2.884. (There is a different "previous handicap" in weeks 78 and 80)

Now let's try to calculate the progression of my handicap according to the formula above.

Week 91: (2.884*5 + 3.091) / 6 = 2.919
Week 94: (2.919*5 + 2.373) / 6 = 2.828

But now I see in the GTP Registry, that my current handicap is 2.859.

What did I miss...? :confused:

By the way, if someone is interested, I made an Excel-sheet listing the weight of up to 25 weeks of TT's and how the weights of your previous results progress with new results. Basically, after the qualifier and the first 4 weeks, all weights are multiplied by 5/6 for every additional week, with this iterative formula.

E.g. after 25 weeks, your first week's result has only a weight of 0.022 and your latest has 1.000. The total sum of weights is always 6.000.

We do vary the weight of specific events and the qualifier.

We are as transparent as the WRS has ever been with respect to driver performance and placement, but certain things should still remain, to some extent a mystery. ;)

Your spreadsheet is a good one, and you'll notice that it highlights an intentional aspect of the system: we apply more weight to recent events than to events in your distant past. This allows people to more easily progress and shed the historical "baggage" of handicaps from their distant past.

As Kevin indicates, there are a few other factors that might explain variance from predicted results:
1) Some events have a different weight (this is published with the event results)
2) If someone submits a time far below their usual handicap, I apply a reduced weight for that event only. This is to avoid "punishing" someone who wants to participate in all (or most) events, but can't put in the same amount of effort every week. Note that this is a fairly minor effect, and the weight will always be non-zero.
3) Handicaps can differ slightly between provisional and final results. This is because we throw out DQs before recalculating the final handicaps.
4) The registry (and handicaps) are only updated on the promotion cycle (next one should be soon), and I only post updates to divisions which have had a change. The date of the most recent update can be found in the registry post itself, and I usually note when the update was done.

Hey guys its a great job use do here :)

I want to qualify for the WRS events, at the moment it says my username is not an official register??

Someone please help..

I want to qualify for the WRS events, at the moment it says my username is not an official register??

Someone please help..

Hey :)

All the information you need can be found right here. It is a step by step process on how to join the WRS. Looking forward to seeing you competing soon :cheers:.

Someone please help..

You need to add a _ to your name. Change it from: GTPMcBride to: GTP_McBride.

EDK
We do vary the weight of specific events and the qualifier.

We are as transparent as the WRS has ever been with respect to driver performance and placement, but certain things should still remain, to some extent a mystery. ;)

Your spreadsheet is a good one, and you'll notice that it highlights an intentional aspect of the system: we apply more weight to recent events than to events in your distant past. This allows people to more easily progress and shed the historical "baggage" of handicaps from their distant past.

As Kevin indicates, there are a few other factors that might explain variance from predicted results:
1) Some events have a different weight (this is published with the event results)
2) If someone submits a time far below their usual handicap, I apply a reduced weight for that event only. This is to avoid "punishing" someone who wants to participate in all (or most) events, but can't put in the same amount of effort every week. Note that this is a fairly minor effect, and the weight will always be non-zero.
3) Handicaps can differ slightly between provisional and final results. This is because we throw out DQs before recalculating the final handicaps.
4) The registry (and handicaps) are only updated on the promotion cycle (next one should be soon), and I only post updates to divisions which have had a change. The date of the most recent update can be found in the registry post itself, and I usually note when the update was done.

Thanks for the comprehensive answers, guys!

Hello all,

I used to be about GTP forums a while back before the GTP_Names so I have some questions.

I have a DFGT wheel but have yet to buy a wheel stand (I used to play at my desk but I really don't fancy playing like that any more). Can I do the registration with a controller and then use a wheel at a later date? if so should I inform an admin of the change?

Also a less relevant question, I'm tempted to buy some of the DLCs but I wanted to know if I could only use them on my GTP account or if they can be used throughout my users on my PS3?

Cheers

Hello all,

I used to be about GTP forums a while back before the GTP_Names so I have some questions.

I have a DFGT wheel but have yet to buy a wheel stand (I used to play at my desk but I really don't fancy playing like that any more). Can I do the registration with a controller and then use a wheel at a later date? if so should I inform an admin of the change?

Also a less relevant question, I'm tempted to buy some of the DLCs but I wanted to know if I could only use them on my GTP account or if they can be used throughout my users on my PS3?

Cheers

You can use whatever controller you wish to use and switch back and forth at any time. It is picked up in your signature. If you put DFGT in your sig, the board will show a wheel, if you put DS3 in your sig the board will show a controller. It's entirely up to you.

Download the family packs and you can use the DLC's on all ID's on a system.

Is this clean?
NuumlrburgringNordschleife.jpg

It says any hard surface is part of the track so i think it is

The 🤬 bot says my name is not on the official registry when i send the PM with my sector times, so am i meant to register elsewhere before i can send the application? I've read through the registry qualifier thread and it doesn't anything about registering before sending sector times

Last edited:
The bloody bot says my name is not on the official registry when i send the PM with my sector times, so am i meant to register elsewhere before i can send the application? I've read through the registry qualifier thread and it doesn't anything about registering before sending sector times

I just did a quick search and you don't appear to have been assigned an official ranking yet (division placement). I'm assuming that you have completed the qualifiers and submitted your times as per the registration instructions?

You can't submit times until you have been assigned your division ranking.

p.s. it may seem petty but please watch the language, use the 🤬 if you feel the need, we'll understand what you mean :)

Back