10/20/2007 Demo

• Thread starter M5_dude
  • 897 comments
United States
New Orleans, La.
m3gtrdude
Ok a couple of questions about this that browsing and searching the GT5 hasn't reveled...1.) Will this demo have an in-car view (dash view)? 2.) Is it Japanese PSN exclusive (will there be a US PSN release)? 3.) Will it have online play?

Well really we don't know yet, but the above seem like the correct assumptions.

well the prologue demo, isn't likey to have online play but atleast it will come out in worldwide ....right

...right :scared:

...thinking about, that the demo is only available by the JP-Store at 20th October 2007 for almost ten days (during the Tokyo Motor Show)

only Time-Attack, only Suzuka

Attachments

• GT5P_Demo.jpg
    GT5P_Demo.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 207
...thinking about, that the demo is only available by the JP-Store at 20th October 2007 for almost ten days (during the Tokyo Motor Show)

only Time-Attack, only Suzuka

Honestly, i have a feeling that it might show up in the playstation stores of other regions. Remember GTHD? I don't think that was supposed to be released in other regions other than Japan, and the day it came out, I happily found it on the US store. Plus, I don't think PD has ruled out giving the US or Euro countries the free demo. If they do, its as easy as creating a japanese account and downloading it.

@RacingFreak2K3
...yes, I agree to your opinion, but I don´t think that the demo will be available on the non-JP Stores around 20th October 2007...
- first of all, only in the Japanese-Store is an (inactive) banner for the GT5P Demo
- it´s only a DEMO from GT5P (...and I have the strange feeling, PD has realized this Demo -maybe out of an point-of-development version of GT5P- only because of the delay in development of GT5P)
- to spread it from the US or EU stores, PD have to localize the demo from Japanese to Englisch etc.
- Last of all (only my humble opinion), if they put in the other stores, then by late december...so we´re up to build up our own Japanese-Account...

Why wouldn't the Demo have a ****-pit view? That's pretty silly considering how much they have talked about the interior details and how realistic the plastic/leather/CF/Wood/stitching and all that crap were rendered. I'm pretty sure it'll be in the Demo.

Why wouldn't the Demo have a ****-pit view? That's pretty silly considering how much they have talked about the interior details and how realistic the plastic/leather/CF/Wood/stitching and all that crap were rendered. I'm pretty sure it'll be in the Demo.

Where did you read that it wouldn't?

ok so the demo is in the japan psn only and is going to be released 10/20/07.

When I download this demo will it be playable forever?

I heard after so many days they are going to pull the demo and it wont be playable anymore.

When you download it, it's yours.

Even if they take it out of PSN, yours will still be there, it's on your PS3's HDD.

Was that what you were asking?

• ok so the demo is in the japan psn only and is going to be released 10/20/07.
    That's all that's been made official so far... but they could just as well be working on an English language demo as well for a later release.

• When I download this demo will it be playable forever?
    Forever is a long time, but yes, as long as there is no expiration date added to the game, which none of the 50 current demo games have, then you should be able to play it "forever".

• I heard after so many days they are going to pull the demo and it wont be playable anymore.
    They might, although they said that about the Folklore demo as well, and it still remains available for download.

That said, they have removed two demos, Everybody's Golf 5 and Ca$h, Gun$ and Chao$, and I believe Sony removed GT:HD from the Japanese store, but it is still available in all the other stores, but that might change as well. So there are no guarantees how long the demo for GT5:P might be made available.

yeah pretty much. As long as I can have a F430 and suzuka I'll be happy until March.

8 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!

I need GT friends on my playstation.

please add HAAS599 to your friends list

I've got a Japanese account, but I cant see any (inactive) banner???

Ok, open the PS Store (you will see the "Welcome screen" with all the stuff)
On the right half of the screen there is the window where the icons for the content are located. above, there are the four folders (news, demo, etc)
Choose the last of them (the right one) and voilá on top is the GT5P-Demo banner....

Ok, open the PS Store (you will see the "Welcome screen" with all the stuff)
On the right half of the screen there is the window where the icons for the content are located. above, there are the four folders (news, demo, etc)
Choose the last of them (the right one) and voilá on top is the GT5P-Demo banner....

Thanks...can't wait for that banner to turn active! Do anyone know if it will turn active @ 24h00 on 20-10-2007 or is there a specific launch time?

ehm, could you give a more detailed discription...these icons are not on the right half, if anything they are on the left half...i cant find it....and those are just videos????

GT
ehm, could you give a more detailed discription...these icons are not on the right half, if anything they are on the left half...i cant find it....and those are just videos????

Firstly, make sure you are in the JAPAN PSN Store. Then you will see four tabs to choose from (left, right doesnt matter) select the one on the left hand side and viola...👍

ok, I just did that. there are 4 tabs, choose the right one and then...well...I only see a GT-P folder with videos....nothing about a demo...

i have a Jp account...so why can't i see it?

GT
ok, I just did that. there are 4 tabs, choose the right one and then...well...I only see a GT-P folder with videos....nothing about a demo...

i believe you cant see the demo cause it isnt out yet... read the title... 20th of october :)

Unless I'm mistaken, all that is being discussed is seeing an advertising banner.

only in the Japanese-Store is an (inactive) banner for the GT5P Demo
These banners are not always static, so that might explain why it shows up from some people and not others.

When I get the chance I'll take a pic of the screen, but the default menu layout for the Japanese PS Store should look close to this (except if you have your PS3 to outout in 480p):

528472362_d59edb5a91.jpg

GT

Its not in a folder, only shows as a banner on the top...I've tried it about 10 times now and it shows every time.

I am yet to see the GT5P demo banner, I keep getting a "Rise from Lair" banner.

...something strange...I get this screen....

Attachments

• GT5P_JAP_2.jpg
    GT5P_JAP_2.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 128
...something strange...I get this screen....
Well that solved the mystery why you can see the banner for GT5:P on the Japanese PS Store and others were not.

You have your PS3 Video Output Settings set for SD and not 720p/1080i/1080p.

This is why you can only see three items per page, instead of the 10, and why you don't see the "What's New" and "Top Downloads" lists, and/or the second and third Banners per page. This topic just came up in the Official Playstation Store Thread.

If you switch your PS3's video output to HD (and you have a display that accepts an HD signal) you'll see why others are not seeing the GT5:P banner, and instead were seeing the banner for LAIR.

Vice versa, for those who want to see the banner.. although it doesn't do anything, just an ad, all you have to do is set your video output setting to 480p/576pand then go to the Japanese PS Store, click on the fourth tab, and voila... just as it shows in mikepoint's pic, you'll see the banner for GT5:P… mystery solved.

Back