≣PURE | Flyin' Miata Super Cup 6 - Congrats to Champion Spurgy 777!Finished 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 1,103 comments
operating under the assumption that I'm still hosting group 2.
I have a friends only room open now for early practice (since I just started learning the track today ;) ).
I'll check periodically for new friend requests for those that haven't sent me one yet (PURE_DrWatson).
Feel free to join, qualifying is scheduled to start in ~1h 35m.

operating under the assumption that I'm still hosting group 2.
I have a friends only room open now for early practice (since I just started learning the track today ;) ).
I'll check periodically for new friend requests for those that haven't sent me one yet (PURE_DrWatson).
Feel free to join, qualifying is scheduled to start in ~1h 35m.
FR sent.

Edit: Weird. I got you on my friends list now but it won't let me join your room. It says it's full even though it shows 2/16 people in it. Restarting the game didn't help.

Last edited:
Due to connection problems I couldn't take part in the Races of group 1, i have been disconnected during qualifying... Can I still participate in group 2?

FR sent.

Edit: Weird. I got you on my friends list now but it won't let me join your room. It says it's full even though it shows 2/16 people in it. Restarting the game didn't help.

interesting.... anyone else having that problem?

Due to connection problems I couldn't take part in the Races of group 1, i have been disconnected during qualifying... Can I still participate in group 2?

doesn't bother me... more the merrier, i'm not exactly expecting a full house given the very few FR's I've received.

lame... steve just got in no problem, so it apparently is the fact that no one sent me an FR before now. :P
guess I'll have to open a new one.

... new room is open.
hopefully everyone that's racing has sent me an FR by now, or else we'll be doing this dance again in 15 minutes.

Got my FR?

yes, but you probably won't be able to join this room due to GT6 being stupid.
I'm going to open a new one in 10 minutes for Quali. You'll be able to get into that one without issue..

so, if anyone else need to friend me to race tonight, you have 10 minutes.

yes, but you probably won't be able to join this room due to GT6 being stupid.
I'm going to open a new one in 10 minutes for Quali. You'll be able to get into that one without issue..

so, if anyone else need to friend me to race tonight, you have 10 minutes.

Ok Thank you

I guess there is a first time for everything, got back from work about a half hour ago, and I'm just too tired to race. :(

Hope to join you next week.

For the record, I dont understand the Ascari complaints. Absolutely love the track and think it suits the cars well. Just tired as bleep.

This game is a cruel joke with no punchline.

It's like PD *want* people to jump to Forza, iRacing and Asseto Corsa.

Don't know what's going on but I can't even log onto PSN right now. Of course, the one chance I have to win a race and 🤬 like this happens. 👎

For the record, I dont understand the Ascari complaints. Absolutely love the track and think it suits the cars well. Just tired as bleep.

If you raced there you would understand. There are absolutely no passing zones where you can get the job done without a little help from from the chrome horn.

What did I miss?

I was on close tonight so only got back an hour ago...

Will hopefully make next round!

Sorry guys, was not able to get access to the forums today, issues with the car and family stuff for the rest of the day. Looks like the turnout was crap, I really hope next week is different. I'll be going through the results this weekend and anyone that didn't show and didn't give notice they could not show, will be getting a PM from me. I don't mind if something comes up and you can't race, as long as I have notice. Worst thing is expecting people to race and they don't show up and don't give notice they won't be there. And if you can't make the rest of the season for any reason, I need to know so that I can take you off the registration. A grand total of 6 racers in the first group today is pitiful.

Hopefully next week is better.

Sorry for not making it. I didn't pay attention to the clock. :dunce: Anyways I really wasn't all that enthusiastic about racing here due to the chicane rule that RT showed not too long ago. It's a bit ridiculous IMO.

Good thing I signed up for part-time!

Sorry for not making it. I didn't pay attention to the clock. :dunce: Anyways I really wasn't all that enthusiastic about racing here due to the chicane rule that RT showed not too long ago. It's a bit ridiculous IMO.
How so? Those concrete pads are basically the rumble strips in those corners, and I allowed everyone to use them up. Telling people to stay off the grass is not ridiculous, IMO. And it's only 2 corners on a track with 20+ corners...

Finally found out that there's internet issues around my area so I owe GT6 an apology. The racing gods hate me, fact. :lol:

Still, stinks that I actually spent time practicing and it was all for naught. Yes, I learned Ascari but what a wretched piece of asphalt.

Jason, would you object if I tried doing both races? Sounds like we need more cars out there and I could just not have D1 count.

we had 9 for group 2, but the internet was a bitch ... Rich had his issues, people were dropping in and out of the room while we were trying to get quali going; so after a massive delay we had 8 cars qualified. Steve's connection pisses itself 2 laps in, then VR6 had a DC on lap 7. So we ended with 6.... and that's how the second race went too.
On the plus side the reverse grid wasn't bad with only 6 cars. :lol:

Race 1, Giorgio was a runaway as the only car doing 27's... no one could keep up.
Race 2, was a bit of a war as no one wanted to lead. There was some P1 curse for the first 6 laps we all had first at some point but made a mistake and gave it up. In one lap alone I went from 2nd to first to 3rd. :D
Was a bit nuts, but clean good fun; after things settled Giorgio pulled a gap and held on for the sweep of pole, win, win, fast lap.

Started learning the track 2 hours before the race and I got down to 28.0 by the end of race 2... track is "ok" I guess. It feels like 2 tracks stapled together though. And complaining about not being able to cut the chicanes is just silly. We all did fine with the boundaries.

Quali
IMAG0002.jpg

Race1
IMAG0009.jpg
IMAG0007.jpg

Race2
IMAG0006.jpg
IMAG0005.jpg

Last edited:
Considering I ran a 26.7 by "cutting" the chicanes (yes, outlaw, I really did), it makes the track feel less retarded and slow when you don't have to worry about putting a tire in the grass. Not to mention how ridiculously hard it is to regulate seeing as you can't see anyone's laps in quali.

Good racing last night :) still getting used to the car as I normally race in F1 and race cars.... enjoying the change so far, as for the quali I bagged pole on my final lap with a 27.2 spurgy wasnt far behind with a 27.3 and then brosif with a 27.4 I believe, not sure fr the other guys. I Know brosif posted quali times but slightly incorrect ... overall im glad I joined :) cheers

Considering I ran a 26.7 by "cutting" the chicanes (yes, outlaw, I really did), it makes the track feel less retarded and slow when you don't have to worry about putting a tire in the grass. Not to mention how ridiculously hard it is to regulate seeing as you can't see anyone's laps in quali.

The emphasis I agree with. The other part you've got to be kidding right?

ascari-full-track_4-jpg.98900

The track boundary is the line... using the whole pad we're already "cheating" it. It's a country club circuit, they don't want anyone jumping and dying so they used concrete pads rather than high curbing. If those were the big fat sausage kerbs like the inside of Club corner at Silverstone you'd say off it and not think anything was wrong.

We can all agree not to cross the line exiting turn 4 of the Nurburgring but these lines are suddenly an issue where we need to cut the corner by 2 car widths? It's a chicane, just slow down.

First and foremost, thank you to everyone for allowing me to participate in this series. It was super fun and I cannot wait until the next one. Everyone in the first group was really fast and I did not have any issues with anyone driving unprofessionally except ME!!! LOL. I don't get enough time to practice these days and I'm still kind of using the driving line as a crutch because of it. So I was missing braking points left and right. I had a little wobble on the first lap and just locked it up to keep from t-boning the entire field in one of the right handers. From that point forward, the race was basically over for me unless someone made a similar mistake, which never happened. Great racing guys. I will be studying your lines for many years to come.

I have a few comments / suggestions that I'd like to throw out about the track and the rules. It is impossible to police cutting the corners on qualifying. That's why, in my opinion, we should just let people get around the track as fast as they possibly can using whatever means necessary during Q. I realize this will ruffle some feathers. But lets be honest. It's happening anyways. There are always those few people that will do this when they know nobody is looking. So we might as well make it open to everyone, including those that follow the rules.

Second, in my personal opinion, having exceptions to the rule just makes it harder and it creates confusion. The rule should be two wheels inside the white line at all times. We can save the replay and check each other. Then you just have to have a policy for what to do when you catch someone breaking the rule, either intentionally or otherwise. That's my two cents. Love what you guys are doing. Hope it continues for a long time. I'll be at the next one unless I'm at the track.

Thanks,

MX

Back