≣PURE | Flyin' Miata Super Cup 6 - Congrats to Champion Spurgy 777!Finished 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 1,103 comments
Ascari just gets under people's skin IMO. The solid rule we've been running under are here and state:

• Two tires must remain in contact with hard racing surface track at all times.
  • Curbing/rumble strips and most hard surfaces attached to white boundary lines are track, different considerations may be made at certain tracks.
  • Concrete patches, "greencrete", or turf and other run off is not considered to be track

If there's a kerb, the kerb is the boundary.
If there's not a kerb the line is the boundary.

RT was already taking consideration that it's not policable (just like with the Chapel cross-over at Silverstone) and saying everyone can "cheat" and take the whole pad. The grass is way out of bounds. It feels dirty because it is.

Photo Bomb.

Ascari Full Track_0.jpg Ascari Full Track_1.jpg Ascari Full Track_2.jpg Ascari Full Track_3.jpg Ascari Full Track_4.jpg Ascari Full Track_5.jpg Ascari Full Track_6.jpg Ascari Full Track_7.jpg Ascari Full Track_8.jpg Ascari Full Track_9.jpg Ascari Full Track_10.jpg Ascari Full Track_11.jpg Ascari Full Track_12.jpg Ascari Full Track_13.jpg Ascari Full Track_14.jpg

Dirty Girl.
Ascari Full Track_15.jpg

Well, in the end, it doesn't really matter where the boundaries are because the weekend is over and I won a race and had fast lap. :cheers:

Ascari+Full+Track_2.jpg

Ascari+Full+Track_3.jpg

Ascari+Full+Track_4.jpg

Ascari+Full+Track_5.jpg

Ascari+Full+Track_6.jpg

Ascari+Full+Track_7.jpg

Ascari+Full+Track_8.jpg

Ascari+Full+Track_9.jpg

Ascari+Full+Track_10.jpg

Ascari+Full+Track_11.jpg

Ascari+Full+Track_12.jpg

Ascari+Full+Track_13.jpg

Ascari+Full+Track_14.jpg

Ascari+Full+Track_15.jpg

Last edited:
I have a few comments / suggestions that I'd like to throw out about the track and the rules. It is impossible to police cutting the corners on qualifying. That's why, in my opinion, we should just let people get around the track as fast as they possibly can using whatever means necessary during Q. I realize this will ruffle some feathers. But lets be honest. It's happening anyways. There are always those few people that will do this when they know nobody is looking. So we might as well make it open to everyone, including those that follow the rules.

I got 1:36's in practice last night by taking shortcuts as a joke. I don't think that's going to happen any time soon.

I may skip the darkest one, on my TV (at max brightness) GT6 is 99% black. It was bad in GT5 but a joke on 6.
No problems here, and my TV isn't that new or fancy. In any case the whole race isn't at night, but it does finish under the lights.

I predict another bad turnout next week.

No problems here, and my TV isn't that new or fancy. In any case the whole race isn't at night, but it does finish under the lights.

I'll ask again. Would you mind if I entered both races?

I won't be here next week, sadly, Nurburgring GP/D is probably my strongest circuit of all, so that's annoying!

I got 1:36's in practice last night by taking shortcuts as a joke. I don't think that's going to happen any time soon.

I didn't mean to insinuate that cutting that drastic would be allowed. I was only talking about the cement area on the chicanes. I should have been more clear. Anyways, it doesn't matter. People have admitted doing what I suggested. Guess I will too. I still won't be as fast as you guys, so it's not an issue.

So I was doing the results and stuff, and I got to the 2nd person in Group 2 that I think switched rooms for the day or something and didn't re-register like they were supposed to so I cannot add them to the results.

If you raced in Group 2 on Saturday night for the first time, you guys need to re-register using the PM time slot so I can add you to the results for Ascari.

Thanks.

I also need someone to snap a photo of the fast laps for Group 1 if possible. 👍

What kind of times are you guys throwing down for GP/D? Tonight my best was 1:47.6. Hoping you guys aren't 20 seconds faster than me. :)

So I was doing the results and stuff, and I got to the 2nd person in Group 2 that I think switched rooms for the day or something and didn't re-register like they were supposed to so I cannot add them to the results.

If you raced in Group 2 on Saturday night for the first time, you guys need to re-register using the PM time slot so I can add you to the results for Ascari.

Thanks.

I also need someone to snap a photo of the fast laps for Group 1 if possible. 👍

I just moved everyone that needed moving. Also all the results shots are in the FMSC section of the pure forum. I tossed our replays up there too.

Back