≣PURE | Flyin' Miata Super Cup 6 - Congrats to Champion Spurgy 777!Finished 

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 1,103 comments
  • 57,325 views
I have a room open now 1472-6118-3658-4758-2694
 
Use of the concrete pads (1st photo) is fine in both places they are on the track. However, use of the grass in these two areas (turns 1&2, turns 16&17?) is prohibited. Everywhere else on the track follows the existing rule of 2 tires on at all times.
I re-read this just now and I need clarification for my sake.

Basically, we're going with MORE restrictive rules and saying the rumbles at these two corners are NOT considered part of the track?
 
I re-read this just now and I need clarification for my sake.

Basically, we're going with MORE restrictive rules and saying the rumbles at these two corners are NOT considered part of the track?
Both sets of corners (1&2, 16&17) have the concrete pads in them, I am not aware that they have rumble strips. The concrete pads are legal, using the grass in these corners is NOT. Give me about 30-45 minutes and I can come up with some photos.

Edit: See attached photos. Car on the grass is illegal, car not on the grass is legal. This goes for the other set of corners that are the same way.

Ascari Full Track_10.jpg Ascari Full Track_11.jpg
 
Last edited:
Sorry guys I will miss todays race , I have to be a part timer for this series unfortunately.
 
Both sets of corners (1&2, 16&17) have the concrete pads in them, I am not aware that they have rumble strips. The concrete pads are legal, using the grass in these corners is NOT. Give me about 30-45 minutes and I can come up with some photos.

Edit: See attached photos. Car on the grass is illegal, car not on the grass is legal. This goes for the other set of corners that are the same way.

View attachment 101536 View attachment 101537

Well there goes a second a lap. Should be fun.
 
Updated my Miata tuning thread with a new tune for the '89 NA here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-mmoc-tuning-guide.291109/page-2#post-9227060

I've spent a few months working on this. I think there is still some tweaks to be done (the LSD for example). But if someone doesn't have a tune, I've put a lot of time into this one. One note: it is kind of setup for hot lapping. If you want a more forgiving race, low the hardness on the dampers a bit and give a few cm of ride height back and it will be more stable over the bumpy stuff. But in general, this tune helped me get a 29.1 on Ascari. A 28 with this tune is definitely possible. Hope that helps someone.
 
Planning on being home for second group. I will re register if I will b home in time to race. If not, good luck everyone
 
Updated my Miata tuning thread with a new tune for the '89 NA here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-mmoc-tuning-guide.291109/page-2#post-9227060

I've spent a few months working on this. I think there is still some tweaks to be done (the LSD for example). But if someone doesn't have a tune, I've put a lot of time into this one. One note: it is kind of setup for hot lapping. If you want a more forgiving race, low the hardness on the dampers a bit and give a few cm of ride height back and it will be more stable over the bumpy stuff. But in general, this tune helped me get a 29.1 on Ascari. A 28 with this tune is definitely possible. Hope that helps someone.

Here is my setup (same as last week):

My WIP setup for the 89:

85 / 85 : Ride height
4.00/3.90 : Springs
2 / 2 : Dampers
1 / 1 : Dampers
3 / 3 : ARB
0 / 0 : Camber
-0.25/0.00 : toe

5 / 4 : Brakes

5 / 25 / 5 : Diff

16% : Ballast

Good for 27.17 when pushed. Sure it can do 26s.

I would bet if you dropped the camber to 0/0 you could get 28s. Right now camber is broken in GT6 (for most cars, I found a few that it works on).
 
Here is my setup (same as last week):



Good for 27.17 when pushed. Sure it can do 26s.

I would bet if you dropped the camber to 0/0 you could get 28s. Right now camber is broken in GT6 (for most cars, I found a few that it works on).


I believe the car does not have enough weight for camber to be effective with this tire compound.
 
Also, what are we doing about qualifying? Was it fixed in one of those micro patches because it worked last night?


I believe the car does not have enough weight for camber to be effective with this tire compound.

Well the game must be way off, in real life they run 1-2.5 degrees camber in these cars.

And the only cars I found camber worked on was SUVs so you are right about the weight.
 
Well the game must be way off, in real life they run 1-2.5 degrees camber in these cars.

And the only cars I found camber worked on was SUVs so you are right about the weight.

I doubt PD is using the same exact same tire model as another group uses in real life. Sometimes things are not broken, just not as we expect them.
 
Group 1 room open.

Only 6 in the room.
 
Last edited:
My friend request has not been approved or I'd be in there with you.

All friend requests that I have received have been approved.

Send another one.
 
Here is my setup (same as last week):
Good for 27.17 when pushed. Sure it can do 26s.

I would bet if you dropped the camber to 0/0 you could get 28s. Right now camber is broken in GT6 (for most cars, I found a few that it works on).

I will definitely give your setup a try later.
 
New room up.


Wahooo big turnout... 8
 
Last edited:
I can't make tonight/now. Sorry for the late notice.
 
Saint couldn't get in the race so we quit to restart then he leaves the room. lol

GT6 problems.
 
is there a room up? I got stuck in traffic (Minnesota weather ftw) coming back from the gym this morning
 
If you are running at a different time, you need to re-register to get your name to appear for the results page.

However, I don't know how this will effect the points tables. @Dr_Watson will have to clarify.

As long as you don't race in both for the same round the web should handle it fine.
 
Thanks to Brosif for hosting today. Not much of a turnout but the racing at the front looked intense from where I was.:P
 
Group 1 Results

Race 1:
20140118_135149.jpg

EtntLV9WOnIMA9CXUfzv-xdhUHbrZlcSX1nRr6opCng=w1043-h529-no






Race 2:
20140118_141632.jpg

9AzXNLlfjsQ97UEPbv5KVHKdcn3jRrFdWuJSjnNwXfU=w1044-h508-no









and a taste of what's to come...

Ascari+Full+Track_17.jpg
 
Last edited:
Wow that is a bad turnout for D1. I was signed up as a full time driver in D1 before the start of the season but was bumped to D2 on the first race day because the room was full.

I would go back to D1 but I don't want to keep switching divisions after the series has begun so I will stay in D2. Although the chances of a top 5 finish in D1 look pretty good right now....
 
ascari really draws a crowd... got the qualifying times?

@R1600Turbo am I hosting tonight?
 
Wow that is a bad turnout for D1. I was signed up as a full time driver in D1 before the start of the season but was bumped to D2 on the first race day because the room was full.

I would go back to D1 but I don't want to keep switching divisions after the series has begun so I will stay in D2. Although the chances of a top 5 finish in D1 look pretty good right now....

Don't crash on the last lap and even a win is possible :banghead:

Small crowd but good racing for what it was worth.
 
Back