1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
The white 240Z is a Super Trasure hunt.
The tampo design reminds me a bit of the Frank Leary SCCA Z (although the colours are different).

RaceZ48.GIF

My dad would actually let me buy this!

Cool. Not released until mid-late June though. So remember to keep an eye out for them. 👍
BTW, to all, where's the best place to preorder one of those Supras?

I guess you know my answer will be AmiAmi. Don't know of any other place that offers pre-orders. The SAL Small packet shipping thingo I normally go for is like $10-$12 bucks? (Never really pay enough attention to it lol) EMS is around $15 or something. I'd recommend adding another car (or two) to the order though as the shipping cost stays the same.

My thoughts exactly. :lol:

My store got entertainment cars with the Homer and pop culture cars which were the cereal cars so I was finally able to get one of these
image.jpg
Toy show tomorrow hoping to have a good haul.

Oh for crying out loud, what the hell is wrong with Mattel?!
Darn it, I hate it when they do this sort of thing with the licensed cars. I didn't even like them doing this when I was a kid.

The only exception I liked was when they did the Tooned/BLINGs series.

I still like the Mitsubishi Eclipse and HKS Altezza for the protruding turbocharger and compact proportions.

Got these from the toy show
image.jpg
Chrome gr1 2008 Ford Mustang
image.jpg
Hot bird and cool classics plymouth gtx. These were 4 for $5
Then I saw these 2 wallet hurting cars.
image.jpg
Gulf gt40 for $30
image.jpg
#3097/4000
Then the big one
image.jpg
Datsun for $125
image.jpg
#1437/3000 I'm assuming the lower # made the price high? My mom wasn't happy with these two. Also paid $5 to get in, $165 spent.

Last edited:
Got these from the toy showView attachment 338894
Chrome gr1 2008 Ford Mustang
View attachment 338895
Hot bird and cool classics plymouth gtx. These were 4 for $5
Then I saw these 2 wallet hurting cars.
View attachment 338904
Gulf gt40 for $30
View attachment 338906
#3097/4000
Then the big one
View attachment 338907
Datsun for $125
View attachment 338909
#1437/3000 I'm assuming the lower # made the price high? My mom wasn't happy with these two. Also paid $5 to get in, $165 spent.

Now that's one expensive toy show, eh? My mother wouldn't be happy either if I blew $125 on a HW car, so I sorta understand your mother being upset, haha. :lol:

But jokes aside, that's another good haul, the Datsun is worth a pretty penny for a reason, because it looks pretty darn cool. The GT40 and the GTX also look pretty nice.

Been a while since I posted here. Anyways....

This. Probably the first 5 pack I have bought in years not including that "free grab" I got from Kit Kringle. Why did I ever stop buying these?
image.jpg

'62 Ford Bronco and Hiway Hauler. Been a Spongebob fan since 2002 and I am glad to have these, especially the Hiway Hauler. Apparently I was late for the party because the pegs was a little empty. Only these 2 were there.
image.jpg

Went to Wal Mart last night and I noticed a lot of old 3 packs was on the pegs in the Hot Wheels isle instead of the checkouts. Many of them was ones I hadn't seen in a while that I wish I had bought when I had the chance. So I made sure I didn't miss out this time.
image.jpg
^I have only ever seen that Thunderbird in 9 packs, never in 3 packs, I couldn't resist it especially since it was the only one they had.

Haven't picked up any of those castings in a while, I don't even remember my last Thunderbird, it's been ages since I picked up another Zotic or Formul8r as well.

There was one other 3 pack with a darker GTO in it I left behind yesterday, but I may grab it today. I seen a 9 pack with a yellow Jaded in it that had an unusual color combination and I think I may get that one too.

Last edited:
Oh spacegoat, you're too kind. My wallet says otherwise, but you're too kind. I don't really mind the chrome wheels when everything else looks so good, I mean who else makes a Supra in this size with that quality? :drool:

Hey, your wallet may not like it but you've got a few months to convince it otherwise before they're released. :D And I agree about the quality, obviously we can't judge too much from just a picture but jeez they look good. And apologies it completely slipped my mind to respond to this post yesterday. :guilty:

Hey, your wallet may not like it but you've got a few months to convince it otherwise before they're released. :D And I agree about the quality, obviously we can't judge too much from just a picture but jeez they look good. And apologies it completely slipped my mind to respond to this post yesterday. :guilty:

Hey, no problem, there's a saying that says "better late than never" in my country, so it's all good. :)👍

But yes, even if they're just pre-production samples, the Supras look like a good TLV just waiting in the wings to happen. Really, my wallet really doesn't like to see and TLV, simply because it has to remember importing fees and that sort of stuff. The trickiest part of buying stuff overseas, unfortunately. And it doesn't help that Tomica also has a Toyota Century waiting in their TLV wings... :crazy:

Well, I fought the urge to drive 200 miles and be let down. I took a stroll down the block instead and picked up an MBX and a Maisto for my ongoing panoramic diorama. Take that HWs!

I traveled over 200 miles yesterday (to attend a classic car show). There was quite a few diecast stalls there, one of which had loads of GL's AW's and JL's (first time iv'e seen GL's and AW's in the UK). There was a good selection there, most of which iv'e seen in this thread, but i didn't walk away with a single one of them.. instead, i ended up going home with a loose Majorette Porsche Turbo (hideous wide wheels), and a (rarity in the UK) Maisto Honda Accord (custom plans for it). :lol:

Also had to use all my will power to stop the purchase of a £60 Spark 1/43, old school Le mans race car. :crazy: The thing was exquisitely detailed, but my wallet was very grateful that i declined the temptation.

[EDIT]

Thought some of you may be interested in this from: http://lamleydlm.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/from-hw-nationals-96-nissan-180sx-type.html#comment-form

Love the Simpsons car, and the Hovering DeLorean, the 180SX Type X looks cool too (clearly inspired by Blistercards awesome custom work, imo, but glad Ryu Asada is bringing it to the masses). Looks like there's some other nice stuff there too. 👍

Last edited:
Back