1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
And just when you thought your JDM collection couldn't get any bigger, Mattel throws a Datsun Roadster at ya.

Datsun20170002.jpg

Datsun20170003.jpg

2017 new model, probably won't see them until September at the earliest.

Wouldn't mind it. Wouldn't mind spending an afternoon chopping off the roof either.

Edit: But hang on a tick. We have TLVs for this:

IMG_8040.jpg

Photo stolen from yours truly.

Do we still want a HW of this? Maybe if we don't want to put $20 for a single 1/64, but would you give up a nice casting for this + 19 other HWs?

Last edited:
Nice idea about a JDM oldschool roadster, just a shame they chose the wrong brand. Should have done a Honda.

Now that you mention it, I think Datsun is a better choice for that word alone drives up market price amongst HW collectors.

I disagree.

If you were selling hot wheels on eBay, would you think (just by the name) "Honda" would draw more interested collectors than "Datsun"?

I think Datsun would attract more attention, but I'm interested to hear your thoughts.

If you were selling hot wheels on eBay, would you think (just by the name) "Honda" would draw more interested collectors than "Datsun"?

I think Datsun would attract more attention, but I'm interested to hear your thoughts.
And I think the opposite.

I'd say Honda has just as strong a following as Datsun.

I think one of the main reasons we're seeing quite a few Datsuns in HW's line-up is because one of the designers is quite partial to them. Nothing wrong with that (I quite like Datsuns too), just think it would have been better to go with a Honda oldschool roadster.

that is good considering I paid $9 for the R32 a few weeks ago.

when is the GT hotwheels set with the Nissan 2020 concept and the black R35 coming out?

I want them, but I'm trying to downsize my collection right now. Bad timing dammit. :dopey:
Damaged set. This is what I came on here for. I almost want to buy it, but I shouldn't, so. :D
And I think the opposite.

I'd say Honda has just as strong a following as Datsun.

I think one of the main reasons we're seeing quite a few Datsuns in HW's line-up is because one of the designers is quite partial to them. Nothing wrong with that (I quite like Datsuns too), just think it would have been better to go with a Honda oldschool roadster.
I think you are right, but it is also a regional thing. Lot of vintage JDM following in the U.S. is on the West Coast & Datsun is probably the most popular brand in that group. What say you, @R1600Turbo ?

As for the Fairlady casting, it looks promising to me. :D

I didn't mention the damaged set for obvious reasons but if you plan on opening them anyway, go for it.

As far as the Roadster goes, just another JDM casting for people to hoard. That includes the Walmart employee at the only store in my town that hogs them all.

As far as the Roadster goes, just another JDM casting for people to hoard. That includes the Walmart employee at the only store in my town that hogs them all.
No, I meant the Vintage JDM brand popularity. I'm not into it or anything, but by my casual observation, it seems to be most strong on the West Coast, and as far as the brand popularity, Datsun, then probably Toyota? I thought you might be more familiar with them.
Are those new rims on the R35?
I think I've seen them before. Retro Entertainment Need for Speed:

Koenigsegg-Agera-R-a.jpg

I think I've seen them before. Retro Entertainment Need for Speed:

Koenigsegg-Agera-R-a.jpg

I see... I haven't seen that cast before so I thought it was new, but it does look very similar to the original rims the R35 came with

Last edited:
Finally completed the normal release TLV Civic collection with this. For now.:

00.JPG

To celebrate occasion, I plan on doing a special feature post with all dem Civics. Blogpost featuring the yellow Civic.

I see... I haven't seen that cast before so I thought it was new, but it does look very similar to the original rims the R35 came with
While it wasn't exactly a peg warmer, it wasn't anything special either in my area? According to Lamley Blog, value skyrocketed on eBay. :crazy:

To celebrate occasion, I plan on doing a special feature post with all dem Civics.

You just needed the Hino "Honda Express" transporter and that post would be perfect! :P

Seriously, great stuff. Congrats on finally getting your hands on the yellow civic. :drool:👍

@AOS- I lied broham. My Bugzees ARTA NSX was delayed. :(
You just needed the Hino "Honda Express" transporter and that post would be perfect! :P

Seriously, great stuff. Congrats on finally getting your hands on the yellow civic. :drool:👍
Believe me, I was thinking about your Honda Express as I was taking the group shot. :lol: I did wish I had your transporter. :D

Finally completed the normal release TLV Civic collection with this. For now.:

View attachment 553069

To celebrate occasion, I plan on doing a special feature post with all dem Civics. Blogpost featuring the yellow Civic.

While it wasn't exactly a peg warmer, it wasn't anything special either in my area? According to Lamley Blog, value skyrocketed on eBay. :crazy:
Oh, it's soo cute... That yellow is lovely.
Shame on the cast though, it's not one of the best TLV's, is it? I'd still buy it though. That interior...:drool:

@a5m6 I had no idea you lied to me. We can't be friends anymore now.

I have some feeling BugZee is just behind schedule in general. Ignition is pushing out a Trueno, but there is still no coloured version of an NSX.

Why oh why have they made the Supra with that orange windscreen?
Well all three cars are good, can't wait to get my hands on them!

Back