1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,412 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
I saw that when you posted it on Twitter a couple of days back? The front of that thing, freaking ridiculous. :lol: :crazy:
That much paint missing by the headlight, I was convinced that it was the recreation of some limited edition Wrangler with crap livery. I googled it & couldn't believe that they actually did that by error. :dunce:

Well there is one glaring problem which arises in that comparison; the side stripe that goes to the front doesn't cover the front wheel arches in the Hot Wheel(s) (and the same happens with the side rear stripes). That and the mirrors are missing, but I guess that's not important within HW-levels of budget...

But it is a noble attempt, don't get me wrong. It just needed a bit more detailing, to be honest...

My guess is the tampo application machines have issues with anything that's not flat.

So it seems, considering the lack of blue paint on the wheel arches. And that might also explain the lack of a blue line on the front splitter... Unless that detail was considered too difficult to pull off in a 1/64 scale-car.

Found these three at a grocery store. I've been wanting to find the Fairlady 2000 for a while now. :)
0216172022a_HDR.jpg

Pretty neat that the mainline KITT has a little interior decal for the dash.

Found these three at a grocery store. I've been wanting to find the Fairlady 2000 for a while now. :)
Ha, I found those few weeks ago, but exactly the same way. At a local grocery store chain. I haven't seen the Fairladys since. :D

Ordered some Auto Worlds from eBay since I have a better chance of winning the lottery than finding them locally. 5 of them for ~$42 including shipping. I'll try to not be lazy and post some good pics when they come in. :P

I also did in fact get the two Aircooled cars I ordered today. That Fiat is TINY. I love it.

Ordered some Auto Worlds from eBay since I have a better chance of winning the lottery than finding them locally. 5 of them for ~$42 including shipping. I'll try to not be lazy and post some good pics when they come in. :P

I also did in fact get the two Aircooled cars I ordered today. That Fiat is TINY. I love it.

Which AW models did you purchase?

That should be the new color: Tofu White Metallic

I used to love Gulf livery, but I feel like I'll vomit when I see the next one. Between Hot Wheels & especially GreenLight, it's been overdone. White one might be okay.
The difference with this one is that it's authentic to the car, not some made up scheme on a car that's never had it.

Back