1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
So Rocket League released their Hot Wheels DLC which only includes a Twin Mill III and a Bone Shaker. These are the first things I made:

5t8IOvGl.png

cjA0k9Pl.png

Any guesses on what it's meant to resemble? :D

Bah- you guys should already know!
66aa9dc3860bf93923ec9e514f2792c9.jpg

^Not Pictured: $TH Variant
hw_boneshaker_2013d.jpg

Got the Auto World cars yesterday that I ordered. Looking at them reminds me of how much Greenlight and M2 lag behind Auto World. They really are near TLV quality. And with the metal base and body, pretty heavy too. I'll try to snap some photos tonight. Also, not sure if anyone was aware, but the little plastic bubble the car rests in while it's in the package fits nicely into the little box they provide as well. Good way to store the cars if they are not on display. 👍

New finds for today. I also got 3 HWs somewhere but I truly have no idea where the bag is at that they were in. They could still very well be in the car as I type this, five or six days later. :lol::lol:

Tony Stewart hauler and Stewart, Gordon/Elliott and Larson NASCAR Authentics
IMG_20170223_190451.jpg
20170223_184314.jpg

Oooh mexican master of miniature models.
Oh keeper of all things chipped, rusted and scratched.
I offer a piece of great relevance (if you like irrelevant old toy cars that is)
Rise up from your slumber and bless my humble post with your mere attention

and a like maybe

thanks!

It's another old Schuco!

It's almost perfect too. Outside of some micro scratches on the windows and the oxidation of the base it's mint. The parts that might look like the paint is chipping are just areas that didn't get covered by paint. Guess they were cutting costs by only painting the essential areas.
In any case, I'm really happy about this one. It wasn't a great deal or anything, but I think a nice piece like this is worth spending a bit more money on.

Duuuuuude that is epic. I'm still missing Shuccos in my collection, largely because they are severely overpriced here. I know I'll chase down a lot or two down the line but in the meantime, extreme jealousy.

Orange Porsches
View attachment 629836
They could've at least changed the rims on the new one like with some PR5s instead the same rims they used on the RSR.

I whole-heartedly disagree with you on that. They have put MC5s and PR5s on past recolours of the 993 and it just doesn't look quite as appropriate on it as WSP.

Maybe 5SPs would also work to match the real wheels, but they look really basic.

Took a quick stop at walmart picked up a blue Charger and two mystery cars which are the Furai and the gold batmobile thing.
I like it but the wing seems like it could come off pretty easily.
0224171557_HDR.jpg

0224171558a_HDR.jpg

0224171558b_HDR.jpg
Being able to know what the mystery cars are by reading the code on the mystery bags kinda ruin the fun though.

Lack of "shiny" gold on the Batmobile eases the pain of not being able to find one. :lol:
Got the Auto World cars yesterday that I ordered. Looking at them reminds me of how much Greenlight and M2 lag behind Auto World. They really are near TLV quality. And with the metal base and body, pretty heavy too.
This is really good point. While not quite the TLV level, the difference in the price-point more than makes up for that.

Where it gets me, while I'd be more than willing to say that you are getting so much more bang for the buck with Auto World than TLVs, I am HUGE on resin/plastic lamp/lenses. If Auto World someday graduate from (IMO) really lame white-painted headlights, I would be a even bigger fan of the brand.

Model quality hasn't really improved with the M2 Machines, but at least by my personal experience, their quality control is nothing like that of couple years ago. I can't even remember the last time I saw or purchased an blemished/defective/damaged M2 car. GreenLight on the other hand, it's far worse than M2 ever was by my experience. Lately, I think poor quality of the GreenLight models rivals that of the $1 Hot Wheels with their tampo placements. It's a really, really, sad, sad, sad state with that brand. What frustrates me is that they are more popular than ever, and don't seem to have any interest in upping their quality control. :crazy:

Where it gets me, while I'd be more than willing to say that you are getting so much more bang for the buck with Auto World than TLVs, I am HUGE on resin/plastic lamp/lenses. If Auto World someday graduate from (IMO) really lame white-painted headlights, I would be a even bigger fan of the brand.
That's the kind of thing I think that would make the price jump quite a bit.

That's the kind of thing I think that would make the price jump quite a bit.
I'd pay. Auto World cars would look amazing with resin/plastic lenses. They cost $5 to maybe $7-ish now with their top of the line cars? Even if they add couple more dollars to the price, that's still half the pricing of the TLVs. Just my personal opinion.

Anyone have an extra one of these they want to get rid of? I wheel swapped the only one I have and would like to get another. The cheapest one I found on eBay was over $8 with shipping.

15615547270_b1c0e78b8b_b.jpg

@a6m5 I told you that Tumbler isn't very good but you didn't believe me lol
No, there was one other person who said something about it, too. Despite the latest comment by @Casey I would still pick it up if I ran into one(lol). It would've been close to a must-have with bright gold finish, but it's still kinda neat. :lol:
Anyone have an extra one of these they want to get rid of? I wheel swapped the only one I have and would like to get another. The cheapest one I found on eBay was over $8 with shipping.
One you wheel-swapped, do you have a picture of it? I wish I had a double, but I don't buy duplicates anymore. Did you try TTP?

I have that anniversary Chevy truck, too. Cool casting with the real riders, though probably not worth as much as the original.

Back