1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
At K-Day, after everybody get their turn at the sealed cases(for last few names called, *ahem* seconds. :crazy:), it's the free-for-all, where every cars are dumped on the tables & attendees rush these cars?

Every K-Day, there's somebody who might be little pushy. I was lucky enough to land right in front of relatively untouched case, but as I was reaching to open it, this guy; While he didn't push me out of the way, he squees his arm through from behind me & goes for the same effing box. :lol: I had three options: 1) Be a tough guy & pull my knife out. 2) Stand my ground & say something tough & witty, like "You don't jump in front of a black man in a buffet line!"(I'm Asian) or 3) You get out of the way, because he wants this more than you do. lol

I took the third option, and the guy was so fixated on that case, he didn't even make eye contact with me, just with the case with his arm reaching out for it like a zombie. :lol: Also, I didn't even get annoyed, because that's when I recognized the guy. He was the last guy to get his number called for the sealed cases(not so sealed by then). :lol:

0.JPG

I never bother with these cards, but I did keep one this time.
Tomytec LV-N142a Nissan Civilian Tokyo Metropolitan Police Riot Rescue Team
I think I have this on the way. I had this & some other Civilian bus on preorder. Very nice. 👍
Just discovered this in a grocery store.

View attachment 628662
That's good to see. While I wish there were some new Gran Turismo cars, it's still cool to see them get distributed more.
I also went to kday and just got 5 cars. All I had money for. :lol:
You can still get 15 more cars down the line from Kmart to order the Datsun 510, right? Save that receipt! I think the deadline's end of March or something? Though with the 510, they might actually run out of supply if you don't hurry. :crazy:

My K Day is awesome. You get a box and get to keep whatever you want from it. We don't do that five cars per box rule. Just opened up my 40 cars and will get the cards in the mail Monday.

At my local Kmart on Kday, there was always a small crowd. Sometimes small enough that everyone got at least two sealed cases. There's also no limit on the cars we take. In theory someone could take 100 cars and there'd be zero problem. Everyone was always respectful and there wasn't any issues except for one event.

All of the cases come in larger boxes that hold four 36 car cases each, with a tag that reads something like "do not open until [date of event] collector event" as I'm sure most of not all of you guys know. Well one year for one event, each individual 36 car case was opened before the event despite the tag, "for inventory purposes" as the employee manning the event put it. The cars were all packed in the larger boxes. One person got pretty upset but chose to stay. The employee gave us 30 seconds to look at the cars but we weren't allowed to take anything or, as said employee told us, we'd have to sit out until everyone got their cars and left. The person who got upset earlier then flew off the hook and stormed within inches past the employee screaming in his face, then pushed every box on the table off and onto the floor. Everyone still got some pretty decent cars and everything they were hoping to find, including me with a Datsun Wagon $TH.

Figures I called KMart this morning to see if my box came in that I ordered. Was told no. An hour later, as I am driving north towards Phoenix, I get an email from KMart saying my order was ready for pickup. :rolleyes:

Out of 36 cars, keeping 6, 20 cardbacks for the Datsun and the others I'll try to pawn off on eBay.

Figures I called KMart this morning to see if my box came in that I ordered. Was told no. An hour later, as I am driving north towards Phoenix, I get an email from KMart saying my order was ready for pickup. :rolleyes:

Out of 36 cars, keeping 6, 20 cardbacks for the Datsun and the others I'll try to pawn off on eBay.
I thought about doing that, but you should buy 4 more cars instead & get a second Bluebird like me.

Something a little different for this month.
027.JPG

Choro-Q zero Alpine A110 & Renault 5 turbo. And Tomica Premium Nismo Z-Tune.
Choro-ero Alpine A110 Rally by Jarrod, on Flickr

Choro-Q zero Alpine A110 Rally by Jarrod, on Flickr

Choro-Q zero Alpine A110 Rally by Jarrod, on Flickr

Excuse the dust on the tyres. I'm taking a page out of Andy's playbook and embracing the dust life. :lol:

Last edited:
Got the C case Porsches and a few others. And then as I was about to leave the isle I saw it. The track day Datsun, they must've put a full set out because usually it's just the other 4 cars out.
IMG_5515.JPG

$10.00 for the lot. Think the only set I have to complete from Car Culture is the purple RX3 from Japan historics. Still haven't found that damn car.

Back