1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,425 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Kind of OT but I figured I'd put it in here. Was cleaning up my closet and found this neat little barn model-

upload_2019-2-3_22-53-48.png
upload_2019-2-3_22-54-2.png

I was going to donate it but I figured I'd ask in here if anyone might want it for a diorama or photo-op (which is what I kept it for) before I do. I'm not looking for anything for it, just cover the postage. :)

lb_HURACAN-LB-610-Fluorescent-Mett-Blue.jpg

I think it's LB themselves getting them made?

999pc resin, 320HKD.

https://diecastsociety.com/liberty-walk-lb-performance-huracan-lb-610/

Also found a TSM Mini GT Catalog for 2019. Starts at page 6:
https://www.docdroid.net/FTJiawW/mini-gt-2019-catalogue.pdf#page=6

And just to give you an impression of that Civic Type R in the booklet:

MGT00037-1.jpg

https://diecastsociety.com/mini-gt-new-january-announcements/

The selection is awesome, but I'm not excited about the molds themselves. What are you looking forward to seeing?

Picked up the Fiat 500 Gulf. I think I’m always a day late when I’ve seen the set, so far each store I’ve been to has the 500, Skyline, and Mustang now.
986731D6-DB8F-4DFD-9219-DE3DEA03E968.jpeg

And found 3 Johnny Lightnings including the Civic.

A pair of Hot Wheels Ferrari 156 open wheel racers. I bought these separately and both loose, so I don't know anything about them. If anyone does feel free to pass it along.

The one with regular paint and basic wheels is the first edition of the car, I think from around 2000 or so. The one with spectra-style paint and rubber tires, iirc, is from the Hall of Fame series.

I think it's LB themselves getting them made?

Nope. Just another unlicensed release. I mentioned this before, there are lots of these being made. The same company has just released a LP610 in red and blue. If you follow MiniGT Facebook page you will see they have been posting about unlicensed models and how to differentiate between the licensed MiniGT and unlicensed nobrand stuff.

The one with regular paint and basic wheels is the first edition of the car, I think from around 2000 or so. The one with spectra-style paint and rubber tires, iirc, is from the Hall of Fame series.
I had a feeling it would be either that or a pair of Treasure Hunt variations from the green stripe era until I noticed there wasn't a TH logo. Thank you! 👍

I had a feeling it would be either that or a pair of Treasure Hunt variations from the green stripe era until I noticed there wasn't a TH logo. Thank you! 👍

I think there was a TH, but the Hall of Fame is the best one out there (also the most accurately sized wheels).

I think it's LB

Further to this, I was actually, coincidentally, going to have a look at their new releases today. There is a lot of local chatter about these and that they are pretty darn good. Remember those resin GTRs I bought a year ago? They are minutely detailed for 1/64 scale and I was highly impressed. However they are incredibly fragile and also have not aged well at all. The lacquer has started to bubble and the waterslide decals are peeling. I've been a vocal critic of waterslide decals and this is the exact reason why.

Because of these problems I've been hesitant to buy anymore resin models, and gave these a miss at preorder. Well, I am more impressed with these than when I first saw the GTRs. Those were probably the first resin 1/64 cars and these are a marked improvement. I can pick these up without feeling they will disintegrate in my fingers and the casting has much sharper lines and edges with more detail. Most definitely second generation resin 1/64 models. I wouldn't be surprised if these are made by one of the established scale model manufacturers. Whoever made these know what they are doing.

Sneak peek for you guys before I do my photoshoot. And yes, those tyres have camber. Totally LB stance.

P2040041.JPG
P2040043.JPG

Been rather obsessed with the current Renault Megane RS. I was considering a larger scale model, but I don't think enough to spend as much for a 1/18. Interested in the 1/64 Norev model, but I don't really know what to expect since I've never bought a 1/64 Norev. Found one for about $10 with shipping. Also not sure if I like the orange or yellow better.
s-l1600.jpg

Edit: I suppose I should clarify that I'm asking how the quality is on 1/64 Norevs. Never bought one before, so I'm curious as to how people feel about them.

Last edited:
I'm actually putting some of my TLV's up for sale soon if anyone is interested. I can post a list tonight after I go digging for the boxes.

This is going to be fun

514dfda2-3186-4c2e-90ad-bdf59561c8b6-jpeg.798162

Great pic. Love the the two Nissan flatbeds on top. Never occurred to me that two fit up there together. :lol:👍

This is your first TLV transporter isn't it? If I didn't have the Honda Transporter. I definitely would have gone for that one. Nice colour scheme.

Great pic. Love the the two Nissan flatbeds on top. Never occurred to me that two fit up there together. :lol:👍

This is your first TLV transporter isn't it? If I didn't have the Honda Transporter. I definitely would have gone for that one. Nice colour scheme.

Yes my first. Loving it. The flatbeds don’t totally fit. Sticks out at the back, but still looks cool. I’m so going to enjoy this :dopey:

Been a while since I've posted something that I own.

Nothing much to say about this one, really. Partially because I've forgotten what I wanted to say over the years, and partially because I've said what I wanted to say in this post already. :lol: What I want to add is that I saw the grey version for sale at the retail store at that time, but I decided not to go away with it instead due to the price premium. Now that I think of it, I regret it a bit because the grey one accentuates the black side skirts better, and it's not everyday that you see 2015 TLV GT-R Nismos for sale. Even if you do, it's probably priced unreasonably high. Here is the pic:

Some of you may notice that the 3 pics are merged as one. This is a measure I've taken to minimize the number of photos uploaded every time I post on GTP in response to Flickr limiting the photos a free user can upload to 1000 (you aren't gettin' my money, Flickr!!! :mad:). Don't worry though, the photos haven't reduced in resolution - I deliberately expanded the canvas and fitted the photos vertically in their full glory, with ~100 pixels between them. Besides, this treatment won't be done to the more 'artistic' ones due to their importance to me. An example is this group photoshoot:

So yeah, no worries if you like my photos. :)

Edit: Almost forgot to post its interior:

3C6B9C65-E180-461E-8F76-7CBA182B0C25.jpeg

Last edited:
Pretty much all Targets are like this.

View attachment 798495

In some ways I'm jealous, because we still have Circuit Legends and some Dragstrip Demons on the pegs in Maine. (Heck, I still see the Eurospeeds) But I get the feeling the Gulf set might have more cars warming the pegs. Despite the Golf MK7 not really fitting the Gulf livery, I kind of want one, but I'm sure I'll have to deal with the huge VW fanbase in this state. (The original MK7 CC release was nowhere to be found)

I did drive an hour to New Hampshire to pick up something for my uncle. Only stumbled upon the Mustang.

Back